Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is better FF7 or FF6

Default Which is better FF7 or FF6

These 2 games are highly rated by FF players i really dont know how people tend to think of FF6 being better cus i mean FF7 has way too cool characters and the only guy in FF6 i like is sabin. And the "materia" system is much better than the "esper" system cus in this way as soon as you equip materia u can use it straight away. Wells thats my thoughts on it what do u guys think is better.

And btw which FF is longer FF6 or 7 someone told me it was FF6, and i find that astounding as it is a 2mb game!!

And i forgot to mention FF7 rules FF6's music- i love the boss battle theme and the jenova battle music.

AND i like FF7's bosses better ie gits like reno rude and elena. And the best storyline of any FF7 (if u havent finished it PISS OFF)! cus the end of game boss is sephiroth another super cool characterintroduced throughout the whole game and hes vital towards the storyline and then suddenly goes evil.

Most other FF's go slap bang heres an end of game boss we have no idea who he is .... fight him anyways.

Edit by Gau: For the love of God, use the edit button!
    Cant think of a signature yet

I beg to differ about the music. Considering FF6 was a SNES game, it's music was superior to FF7. This is just personal opinion however

Articles

Kefka > Sephiroth

I agree with Rude that FFVI has better music than FFVII. That's not to say the music in VII is bad, but FFVI is much more to my liking.

The Esper system wasn't too much different from the Materia system, either. The only difference is that Espers don't affect your stats unless you level up. But, you still only learn spells through fighting, just like Materia.

I'm biased, though. I like FFVI.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

1) Multiple FF's, thus goes in GFF.
    2) Don't double post; use the edit/delete button to add to previous posts.
    3) They're both great games, but 6 edges it for me because I just preferred the characters.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

FFVII is my favourate, it just had everything. VI was fantastic, but it just didn't stick in my mind as much. VII's plot was amazing if you let your imagination go, the characters were better IMO too. Materia kicks Espers ass anyday, it's much more customisable (as in it IS customisable).
    Plus I prefer the mini-games of VII.

VI was great though, I should really play it again.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

6 was good but it's not a patch on 7.

7 had a better storyline, better characters, better character development, characters that you actually cared about, it was a lot more fun, the music was better, the graphics were obviously better and Sephiroth was much, much better than Kefka who is the worst bad guy ever. Also the ending to 6 was confused and ludicrously easy.

To sum up - 6 was still a good game, but it gets blown away by 7 imo.

Also the ending to 6 was confused and ludicrously easy.
    And 7's ending isn't both a) easy and b) confusing?

The way 6's final area was played in which you had to break up into 3 teams was a rather wonderful idea as it made you use all of your characters instead of just your favorite party of Sabin/Gogo/whoever/whoever . FF6 while being 2-D, still beat FF7 in graphics because the character models in 7 were so boxed and pixelated it detracted from the overall aesthetic value.

6's gameplay is also better - 4 party members, each with at least a unique ability + being able to rotate in your party whoever you wanted is 10x better than the 3, customize them how you want, characters and being stuck with Cloud all game.

Kefka and Sephiroth are pretty much a tie... but Kefka was the villian with the better personality and was entirely more dynamic in the storyline. The aura surrounding Sephiroth's appearance made up for him.

Of course this is all relative opinion
    Last edited by Rude; 05-26-2003 at 02:00 PM.

FF6 was better. Better music and more chracters Ilove more chracters. FF6 other advantage over 7 is how it lets you do whatever you feel like at whatever time. Like a primitive Grand Theft Auto. *LOVE VICE CITY* :mog: :mog: :mog: KUPO

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

What? VII had better characters? Mr. I have spooky mysterious past and Mr. T were better characters than a woman who was torn between her human side and her esper side and a man trying desperately to fight fate and bring his beloved back from the grave?

As for music, VII was weak. There were barely any memorable tunes, Aria De Mezzo Caraterre, Techno De Chocobo and Tina are easily on their own better than the entire FFVII soundtrack.

FFVII has its good points, but goddamn, characters and music aren't either of them! As for the bosses, I think they're pretty much equal only Kefka I hated more, I thought he was just a despicable person as opposed to generic evil force that does bad things.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The vast majority of differences come down to simply matters of opinion. I prefer virtually everything about VII, but that's just me.

What sets Sephiroth apart as a villain, I think, is the fact that he actually had a purpose - to become a 'God', and to help his mother to recover her lost strength. Kefka, however, just like so many other FF villains, wanted to destroy everything - all life, even himself. Nihilism gets a bit dull, especially when there's so much of it.

FF6=Great FF7=Great, I'd prefer FF6 because some elements found in 7 were in 6. There are more characters in 6, 7's has an ok amount of characters but also more gayer one than 6 does, 4 ppl parties in 6, music is tied I loved a lot of music in both 6 and 7. Bottom line I'd pick 6.

HOLD ON JUST 1 MINUTE NOW!!!

everyone seems to be forgetting what makes FF7 so damn more cooler than FF6 LIMIT BREAKS, they dont even feature in ff6 and someone sed FF7's characters were gay, i thought they were all cool. I mean ff6 has shadow who can throw! (sarcastic) and cyan with swordtech which is allright and so the only good character is sabin. And ure probally comparing their skillz to the ff7 chars, well compare the skillz to the limit breaks and obviously u have a winner, i mean what can be better than vincent turning into frankenstein and battering the hell out of bosses.
    Cant think of a signature yet

FF6 did have limit breaks!!!In FF6 you can also use most chracter's ability's without any cost.

Thumbs up

VI was way better imo.
    I love VII, but VI had waaayy better music, and better graphics (VII felt like I was watching the music video for that song about moving refrigerators and color T.V's).
    I liked the world and atmosphere of VI much better than VII's. The latter's world was too ugly for me. Why explore dirty sewers in a video game when I have to do that everyday in real life?
    Also, the story and characters of VI ruled, as well as the Esper system. VII is definetly one of the best FF's, but VI is better imo.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Limit Breaks are so much better in FF6 because when they do happen, you're like "WHAT THE FREAKING HELL WAS THAT?! I JUST KILLED THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...or something like that =D?
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea