Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No FFVII-2? --- SPOILERS

Gatekeeper of Strong Wind syun_ukiya's Avatar

Default No FFVII-2?

is it true that Tetsuya Nomura spoke about the FFVII-2 sequel unrealistic?

It's true that there isn't going to be one. Well, almost certainly. At least not for many years. One of the guys at Square said "pretty much no" basically.

they won't do it caus they would have to recreate the system from scratch. the only reason theres a ffx-2 is because they can use the same system as ffX

Gatekeeper of Strong Wind syun_ukiya's Avatar

Why not use the FFX engine?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They'd have to change too much. With FFX-2, all they had to do was update things from X, rather than having to 'build' every character, town, etc from scratch. It would take just as long to make a new FF game.

I just don't see why they can't like recreate a system they have to create one for a new game and it would be easier I would think cause they wouldn't have to create new characters. I guess I don't really know whats going on in the game world. Ya Know?
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's not the concept of the system, its actually programming it. It's very difficult. Plus, they would need a new plot, new bad guys, and some new characters at the very least... who knows how far in the future it would be set? They may need completly new characters.

But with all this, it may still be a possibility in the distant future. Who knows?

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2003/050703c.html Here's the article at RPGamer, for anyone who needs it.

Heard from a magazine that they will make it in 2-3 years I hope they do
    God Loves Variety

*Spoilers*

I hope there's no FFVII-2 coz I think the game is cool the way it is...But well a remake would be cool with some added things like resurrect Aeris but ..That would change a bit the story no?

*~-Lost Princess-~*

A better sig will come X)

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

*Same Spoiler As Above Plus New One*

Personally, I think it's better that Aerith stayed dead, not withstanding my feelings of hatred towards her. But really, if you could get Aerith back, it'd make her scarifice just cheap. Like if you could resurrect General Leo in FFVI... it'd just make a dramatic death cheap.

But as to seeing an VII-2, I think I'd like that, but I'd still much rather they put their efforts into projects involving IV and VI...

No offense to the people in posting what they want to happen and expressing there opinions, but imho, the resserection of Aeris in all forms and aspects is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of... then you would'nt have a story HALF as good as it turned out. I've seen websites about people making petitions to have Square Enix rerelease FFVII with Aeris getting resserected and to be quiet honest it pisses me off. Again no offense, but some people just need to be more realistic.

instead of a stupid sequel they should make a remake.
    I hope if they do it will bring me back to liking ff7 not considering it average like now

Yeah, Aeris being brought back would make one of the best games one of the worst. It would totally ruin everything, especially the ending. If they did remake the game, the story should not be tampered with whatsoever, except for maybe adding in a few more side quests to ADD to the story. And in a sequel? No bringing back dead characters, PLEASE!!! Except maybe Sephiroth through some sort of new cloning experiment...
    Elionai Eli Adullam

*Unmarked Spoilers*

I used to love the idea of Aeris being ressurected but I realize, that was one of the main reasons that made me wanna fight and kill Sephiroth. Without that event, fighting Sephiroth would be somewhat pointless. You'd want to kill hi, because he's planning on destroying the planet, cliche. But Aeris' death made me want to get revenge.

Now I wanna go play FF7...

Personally, i'd rather they just remade this game, with better graphics and re-done music (the music for this game would have been awesome if it hadn't been done with a MIDI program.) and something more for Aeris. Now, now, wait, before you all attack and say, "Aeris needs to stay dead!", i partly agree. It makes Sephiroth's death that much more necessary. Suppose, though, if you could go on, afterwards, and do, i don't know, some sort of after-quest to either continue and finish Aeris' story, or even bring her back, which would finish the game. It's have to be of WEAPON-scale difficulty, but i personally just love any excuse to keep the story going, because it's so good.

A sequel to this game would be pointless. You couldn't make it have any of the scale that the first one has, simply because it's not plausible that the world will be rocked again the way Sephiroth did. I just want the story of these characters to continue... just because i hate to see it end.
    "Hmph... legendary guardian? I was just a boy...
    I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing.
    That is my story."
    ~Auron (FFX)

"A sealed up, secret wish... Tender memories... No one can ever know."
    ~Cloud (FFVII)

"This day will never come again... So let me have this moment."
    ~Tifa (FFVII)