Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the best guy in FF8???

Originally posted by Shorty
    Irvine doesn't classify as one of the FF 'guys'.
    :o :grr:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When you take a step out of the clouds, it's really quite obvious, isn't it?

Squall, Zell, Selphie...egad! I hated almost all the characters of Final Fantasy 8. Oh well, atleast angelo was cool (Rinoa's dog). If it were not for him, I would have never gotten the Diablos summon.

Lost Heretic,
    The Bitter and Jaded Teen

Ellay

Why didn't you like any of the characters?

Short Answer: uh...The game sucked

Long Answer: uh, poor characterization, poor concepts, horrible personalities...

I do understand what they were trying to do, but squall really didn't fit the role of main hero, maybe the whole love thing would have been on the side. I mean, it was a decent idea, but it just doesn't seem to work as a final fantasy - sure they had the whole saving the world bit, but he wasn't an unlikely hero, nor a very good one. The whole GF system was a real annoyance for me too, I always thought that they ould have been something like extra charaters you could summon.

Now, back on topic, I did not like most of the characters, mainly because of the basic plot flaws. Some of the characters might have been good, such as Irvine, Rinoa, Seipher and heck...even Zell, but without a proper story, the characters can't be properly developed and expressed.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is this: If you don't like a game, its really hard to like the characters.

~Sagara

Lost Heretic,

oh!men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was it fate brought us close and now leave me behind?????

wow, that was the most blatant case of spamming I've ever seen, and I'm a moderator on two message boards.

but after thinking things over, I believe my favorite character for gameplay is Irvine.

Lost Heretic,

Originally posted by Lost Heretic
    wow, that was the most blatant case of spamming I've ever seen, and I'm a moderator on two message boards.

but after thinking things over, I believe my favorite character for gameplay is Irvine.
    2 things
    1)check http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=2 (Ellay and I are buds at making spam)

2) Irvine is DA best...

Yes, Irvine is the best EVER! I liked Laguna too. I use to like Squall but that was intill he fell in love with Rinoa. Then he became just as pathetic as that sissy wimp Tidus off of FFX

Ellay

Am i the only one who can't stand Irvine? LAGUNA is the best. The more i play the game, the more Irvine annoys me. Squall use to be my favorite too, but he is beginning to annoy me as well. Laguna is my favorite out of all the characters. Zell is 2nd best. Also, i don't think Tidus is a wimp. Tidus is AWESOME.

NORG. I cried when he died.

Ooh, that rhymed.

Originally posted by Ellay
    Am i the only one who can't stand Irvine? LAGUNA is the best. The more i play the game, the more Irvine annoys me. Squall use to be my favorite too, but he is beginning to annoy me as well. Laguna is my favorite out of all the characters. Zell is 2nd best. Also, i don't think Tidus is a wimp. Tidus is AWESOME.
    Ellay, we talked about this

Laguna is the best!!!!!

i like seifer and laguna the best! but why did seifer turn bad? .....i never could understand that fact..... n-e-wayz, second place i would have to say irvine and zell. though i wish i knew more about kiros......he seems real cool
    believe in yourself and make the impossible.....possible

P.H.P. Poke Smot!!

[img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\legolas signature.jpe[/img]

Squall, alot may disagree but o well thats there opinion not mine, Squall to me was cool all the way, the same way the game I loved the game and it is still my favorite game.
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!