Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FMV in FFI

Default FMV in FFI

In FFI [FFO] who's the guy who tries to kill the dragon?

Garland.

"I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought it was never real"-Linkin Park

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes it's gotta be fighter!!...well maybe but you know it's not garland because...

1: RPGs don't show Bad guys Killing monsters!!

2: Garland's CRAP!!

I had read on some other thread someone saying it was Garland, too. Can't think of what dragon he would be fighting, though I think it's just more of a stylized fantasy scene, since the heroes in the game are kind of generic.
    -> Insert humorous signature here <-

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Purple armor and horns = Garland
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

It's probably Garland. Some people say fighter, and some say Garland. The guy does wear a purplish armor, and a large horned helmet - very Garlandish. He also carries a crystal on him (the necklace). This is the thing that makes most people say fighter, since he's a swordsman with a crystal. I say it could go either way. The outfit is very similar to Garland's, but on the other hand, Amano's art is often very stylized, and he could be a CG of one of Amano's interpretations of "Knight". A swordsman bearing a crystal, fighting a red dragon is very Light Warriorish. Anyhow, I'd have no trouble believing either side. In the mean time, I have a vested interest in maintaining that the guy in the CG is Garland, for obvious reasons.
    Knock yourselves down.

i dont think its garland, cuz in the cg shots you can unlock at the end of the game show a big gray knight carrying a sword with lightning behind him that looks more like garland than the guy at the beginning.
    -shane-

Most art they have for the games look nothing like the people in the game sometimes. Besides that picture of Garland was probally for the games battle sprite. They decided they needed more of a person for the FMV because a guy in grey armor with a bit of purple wouldn't be as cool I guess.

Besides it's Garland. End of discussion. Since when have you seen a fighter with purple armor, a horned helmet (needless to say, the same purple armor and horned helmet of Garland) and since when have you seen a fighter cast a spell on his sword?

1: RPGs don't show Bad guys Killing monsters!!
    I disagree. FFV showed X-Death. FFIV had Golbez. FFVI the bad guys killed lot's throughout the entire game. FFX they kill all the time as well.

2: Garland's CRAP!!
    Obviously you haven't (SPOILER)gotten to the end of the game, cause Garland IS the final boss. He transforms himself into Chaos at the end.
    This space intentionally left blank.

He's carrying a crystal, so it has to be the fighter, but either way, he's still so handsome...

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I disagree. FFV showed X-Death. FFIV had Golbez. FFVI the bad guys killed lot's throughout the entire game. FFX they kill all the time as well
    I don't know that part when is it?

Obviously you haven't (SPOILER)gotten to the end of the game, cause Garland IS the final boss. He transforms himself into Chaos at the end.
    No I only bought the game a week ago ut I knew that anyway and this was BEFORE the (SPOILER)time-loop

It's Garland because I say so. Beat that logic.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!

It's a knight. A generic knight except it.

It was Garland before he became evil.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

When was Garland ever not evil?