Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should I do???????

Sorry for double posting. I just tried it and nothing! Sword Dance does only 5000 damage, and when I mime it, it just does something else. NOW WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG? I REALLY REALLY REALLY need help here. Can someone get me Shiva Blizzard? I need him/er.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Hmmm. . . well, the only thing I can think of is that my dance! tactic was somewhat of a last resort - I discovered it by mistake when I had ran out of anything else to throw at Neo-Ex-Death (my MP was gone for summoning, all my money had run out, etc.), so, out of desparation, I used dance, and it worked really well. My other characters were equiped with weapons like Excalibur, the Brave Sword, and other rare powerful weapons, so that may have helped. I was really surprised that it worked well.
    It is possible that because I had already done quite a bit of damage to Neo by double summoning Bahamut and Meteor and the like, that he was weak enough to suffer greatly from being hit with sword dance multiple times. All I know is that it was dancing that allowed me to ultimately win, and I saw those little 9999 signs come up on the screen. I'll have to look back at my saved game to see exactly what I had when I went into battle. Hopefully that will help.
    And for future reference, I'm a girl.

After you do that Shiva, post on here RIGHT away. I don't have anything else left to kill him with.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Red Shoes increase the chances of getting Sword Dance when you !Dance. I think you can steal them from something in the Phoenix Tower.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I aready got that. I tried to fight him yesterday. I used GP Toss on Neo X-Deth. I actually managed to get their HP down good. Before I died, I scanned the part with 60000 HP. He had 20000 Hp left. If he hadn't use Grand Cross, I would've got him.

Originally posted by final boss
    I aready got that. I tried to fight him yesterday. I used GP Toss on Neo X-Deth. I actually managed to get their HP down good. Before I died, I scanned the part with 60000 HP. He had 20000 Hp left. If he hadn't use Grand Cross, I would've got him.
    i told ya to use ribbons.
    Btw if you wanna increase chicken knife attack run away as much as possible

That's the problem. If I use a ribbon, I have to be a dancer. If I do that, I'll never be able to beat him.

That's the problem. If I use a ribbon, I have to be a dancer. If I do that, I'll never be able to beat him.
    hmm yes.Well then yes.Have you tried my tactic yet(i posted a few posts earlier)
    Well then buy alot of curative stuff
    Couldnt bare class wear ribbons?

Yes, bare class can use ribbons, although Mimes cannot. But you can always learn EqRibbon from the Dancer class that allows you to wear a ribbon on any class.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

Wear do I get more ribbons? I got one from a little girl who comments on me fighting X-Death.

I think there's only three or four in the entire game. There WAS one in Karnak Castle, but that is now rubble. I'm not sure where the others are.
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

It sounds to me like you're getting closer to beating him, but you just ran into some bad luck - he threw a rough attack at you just before you would have won. I don't think its necessary to have all your characters with ribbons - even just one will help. It's not worth the fustration of running around trying to find them all when the time would be better spent mastering some more jobs - its only when you've mastered a few jobs that the Bare class becomes effective, allowing you to equip ribbons and other armor without having to be that job class. I looked back at what I had equiped when I beat Ex-Death (apparently in my succesful attempt I didn't use ribbons at all), but it seems like you're getting pretty close on your own, which is all for the better. If you still want to hear it, let me know. Good luck.

Thank you. I still want to hear it though. I don't know why your stradegy isn't working for me. What I'm trying to do is have Krile master the Time job. When I do that, I'll put Krile to Bare, put the Time ablity on her, put GP Toss on her. Then when fighting X-Death,I'll put all my defences up [Fast2,Golem,Carbuncle and Shell].Then, I'll cast Meteo on him and keep on Miming it. That kills him quickly. Also, if he casts Holy, or Flare, he'll just end up attacking himself. Once Neo X-Deth comes, my defences will still be up. I'll use GP Toss, [only does 2820 damage though]. I'll mime it. If he uses Grand Cros, Krile will be inmune to it. Bad luck to the Mimers. But I'll manage. Here's another problem, the last part standing will keep using Meteo, how do I avoid this?

[Fast2,Golem,Carbuncle and Shell]
    instead of wasting turns doing that just cast big guard.
    I must have mentioned that atleast 5 times now

BIG NEWWS:.........I BET THE GAME! I did the tatic I metioned last post. I killed him yesterday. Thank you ShivaBlizzard. Thank you Locke. Can I close this thread now?