Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bouncer

Wink The Bouncer

Has anyone here played The Bouncer? If you have, I have questions:

1. In the beginning of the game when Volt says, "Sure is weird weather for spring," when it was snowing, why was even it snowing?

2. Do you think that Sion looks a lot like Sora (KH)?

3. Do you think that Kaldea looks like Rinoa (FFVIII)?

4. Do you think Dominique is too much of a 'Drama Queen'?

5. Why does Volt have horns on his head? Is he a different species, or did he just super-glue them on his head?

AND FINALLY........

6. What did you think of The Bouncer?

Ok well here's a shot:

1.I'm not exactly sure about that one...
    2.I think he does but just a little bit.
    3.Yeah Kaldea does in a way look like Rinoa.
    4.Yeha dominique is a drama queen.Especially when your fighting that robot guy and she screams"SION!!"It was so whiny.
    5.I think it's some type of piercing on his head.
    6.It was a decent game,not the best I've seen but it was good.Oh an it was too short.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

I haven't played it, but I've heard it absolutely sucked.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Kuja Highwind
    I haven't played it, but I've heard it absolutely sucked.
    It was loads better than Kingdom Hearts.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Then for it to be loads better than Kingdom Hearts means that it's like the absolute best game ever. Man, now you're gonna make me go rent it just to see what it's really like.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

It's only takes like two hours to beat at the most and there's only about 10-20 battles in one new game. I personally liked Kingdom Hearts a tad bit better because it was longer and you could explore. But The Bouncer has the advantage of no Disney characters

If The Bouncer was a lot longer and let you explore a lot more, then it'd be a great game.

HA!!The bouncer id no where near better than Kingdom hearts!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Re: The Bouncer

1. It snows quite often in spring in many parts of the world. Nothing special there.
    2&3. Sure, I imagine that after years and years of creating video games that Square will end up creating characters that look similar.
    4. Probably Square's attempt at making characters show their personalities by having them over-act, ala FFVIII.
    5. They are some type of body art, like piercings or tatoos.
    6. It's not too bad a game.

And in closing, there are many responses that this game is too short. It's supposed to be short. You're supposed to play it through 3-4 times to get the whole story. Also, it gets harder every time you play. As your gain more power, your enemies will as well. So the idea behind the game is that you will have a real challenge to beat the game multiple times so that you can get the story behind all of the main characters in the game, which is truely beating it, as beatin git once doesn't shed much light on the story.
    Figaro Castle

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The funniest thing was that, before the PS2 or the game itself were even released, PlayStation Magazine made the biggest deal about the game, covering all the details and hyping the devil out of it. And then, when the game was finally released, all they had to say was, "Ehh...it kinda sucked."

The piercings are because Volt was shot... a lot.

I remember first renting the bouncer and playing the game over and over again. Now I can only play the game after a six month long period where I don't play it.

I think Square was trying to remake Streets Of Rage with this game. I like it, I had a good story. In fact, I'm thinking of playing it again. It was loads better than Kingdom Hearts, and was actually challenging. I'd play this game any day before I'd touch Kingdom Hearts again. I still shudder when I think of the day I rented that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Shadow 2084
    HA!!The bouncer id no where near better than Kingdom hearts!
    Well...exuuuuuuse me! Sorry that I don't appriciate unessasary drama with an extremely cliche' story line with a worlds ****iest camera...

At least the Boucer was sticking to what it was aiming to be (A brawler game). Kingdom Hearts couldn't decide if it wanted to be a FF RPG game or a Disney infested bootleg Secret of Mana.

Sorry that I don't fall for horrible games with yet another generic j-pop song for an opening. I felt that every time I played the game, it was trying to insult my intelligence.

What kills me is that the gameplay itself for this game was mediocre at best. Once again, that camera was made by Satan himself and he is eating your souls right now.

Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months. Do everyone a favor and find something else to complain about. Your rant is trite and quite stale now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Jalbrean
    Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months. Do everyone a favor and find something else to complain about. Your rant is trite and quite stale now.
    Hit a nerve did I? Well...Um...I been only ranting about Kingdom Hearts for only a week MAYBE. I made ONE other comment about it in General Gaming and to be fair I did talk about how I traded it in for somehting but I didn't really say anything neggative.

I suggest you get your facts straight before accusing me of something.

I don't like Kingdom Hearts. So what? Why do you obviously care so much? Not everyone in the world is going to like something.

EDIT: That rant up there was over done purposley by the way. I was half kidding throughout the entire thing.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Originally posted by Jalbrean
    Oh christ Sephex get over it. Everyone knows you hate KH. You've been saying it for months.
    I didn't know

I hate FFVI and I have been expressing my hate for years! Back off the fool and let him rag on this sub par game. Just because you like crappy action platformers doesn't mean we have to.