Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't call japanese Jap

Default Don't call japanese Jap

Those who call japanese jap never deserve to play FF11.
    Stay away from ff11!
    We the japanese never admit such foolish ass holes to FF11 world. Do you understand?
    We the japanese are very sick of forign guys without sense
    of politness.

Does it really matter that much? The Japanese can call us yanks for all I care.
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Re: Don't call japanese Jap

Yeah, I think it depends on the person you're calling on an individual case whether they care or not.

But then, I don't want to play FF11 anyway - It's an online RPG, and that's just ew for me
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

What are you babbling about? Who called you a Jap? Why don't you go flame/murder/what-ever that person instead wasting space on the FF11 forums. I don't really see how that's related to FF11 any-ways. I haven't heard "Jap" since... I have never heard a person use "Jap" in person.

Racism is bad...yep yep.

ha! racism? I don't deny racism.
    Most of the japanese are racists potentialy.
    There are some possibility that foregn people are discriminated in japan. African,European,Chinese,etc
    But If you would like to play in FF11, I recommend you
    not to call japanese person "jap".

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't think that there's anyone here that would use that term. This group tends to be a pretty japanese-tolerant if not in love with the culture and everything that is japanese. but to come in here and insinuate that everyone here uses deragotory terms is not a nice thing to do. It's one thing to tell everyone that people are using the term and it's bothering you, but it's another thing to start a thread telling us that we don't deserve to play because we're all bigots because we're not japanese.
    Figaro Castle

*yawn*

.....its the year 2000 (well its 2003) segregation of races is not even a issue..... it barely exist. it should not matter what we call each other, if we were white, black, or so on, we are all one race....... humans.

by puting labels on each other with names like "jap" (jus an example) we farther feed to the dividends to the human race.... if this continues, there will be separation from dark japanese and light japaness, etc.

....well you get the point right?

PS: i dont mean any disrepect but typing "jap" is a lot shorter than typing "japanese". (well thats why i think people might do that). im rather fond of the japenese culture and there accomplishments = )

Master of Glass

ditto
    I'm Currently making a videogame. Go to www.freewebs.com/blackmarblestudios to see how its going.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Er... right... just as an echo here...

Japanese people are cool. I've heard they're very nice on FFXI. But you, sir, for some reason, come off as quite the opposite to me. I'd like to simply state the reasons why I have lost respect for you, and only you, not your culture.

1. You flame us by generally stating that the people here call the Japanese 'Japs'.

2. You get upset for being called a 'Jap' and then continue to say that Japanese are potentially racist. That my friend, is hypocrisy. Telling one to not make racist remarks and then go on to say that your culture that is being 'put down' by racism is potentially racist.

3. You've been rude to us when we have done nothing to you. Do not generalize and harass other because someone else harrassed you.

And what are you worried about anyways? If we get FFXI, that's right, IF, we'll have our own servers anyways! You'll only have to deal with importers. With that I bid ye g'night sir and beg that you think before typing as you shouldn't make a fool of yourself.

P.S. I'm also fine with being called a yank.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still don't get why you dissaprove of "Jap", Fujiyamato. It's a lot shorter then "Japanese."

its totally understandable...

I remember way back when i was a little kid...my step dad, who is japanese, got pissed off at my biological dad, cause whenever we came back home from our visit with our biological dad, we'd come home and use that word "jap" cause our biological dad said it...

one day my step dad confronted my biological dad and told him to stop using that word...its obviously an insult to use the word "jap" against japanese, and since then i've been, too, gettin mad at ppl that call japanese "japs" ... so for Fujiyamato and all other Japanese out there...please do not call Japanese "japs"...its not hard to say "japanese" or even type it out...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Originally posted by ShlupQuack
    I still don't get why you dissaprove of "Jap", Fujiyamato. It's a lot shorter then "Japanese."
    In addition to moNkEydOo82k's post, "Jap", came about in the United States during World War II when the U.S. and Japan were at war. "Jap" was/is a derogatory term reffering to the Japanese that was used during World War II and from there on.
    Figaro Castle

>>Alpha

Yes. I think it does matter very much.
    If you plan on playing in FF11 world, where mainly consists of japanese players, you must take care what the japanese hate.
    Japanese staff in Square also may think forign players calling japanese jap shouldn't play this game.
    Last edited by Fujiyamato; 06-15-2003 at 06:20 PM.

>>Mr.Graves

Personally, I don't think racism is a very bad thing. sorry. Everyone has his taste in his mind which people he like or hate.
    Even If there are some people who hate the japanese ,
    Most of the japanese don't care and it doesn't influence japanese lives in japan. Feel free to discriminate the japanese if you like. haha
    Last edited by Fujiyamato; 06-15-2003 at 06:23 PM.