Thread: Your first Final Fantasy vs. your favorite

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I noticed that as well. It's almost like a generation gap. Part of it is probably because Final Fantasy VII is the first one that Square heavily hyped with television ads and such. I only remember seeing a couple of ads in gaming magazines for Final Fantasy VI. Final Fantasy VII is definitely where the series really caught the public's eye and started to become a phenom in the United States.
    Figaro Castle

Well, I'm old-schooled (Ugh), and I have another theory...

Those who started with the "old" FFs (1-6) praise the storyline, the characters and the plot in the first place, and those who started with the new FFs (7 - 10) praise the grafx and the looks in the first place. That's the difference.

And don't tell me that FF7 belongs to the "old" ones... It looks a lot more like FF8 than FF6

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Outsider: That's not true. I started with FF7, and it became my favorite for story and characters. It didn't have much to do with graphics. While FF7 and FF9 are my favorite FFs, I also love FFs 4 and 6 for the same reason, and FFs 1 and 5 for their gameplay. This is just my opinion, but I don't think you can consider FF1 your favorite just because of storyline and characters, because there's not that much story and no character development. And BTW, FF9 is old-school. It basically returned back to the series' roots and reminded me especially of FF4, which I played a few months before playing FF9. For FF8, I think it's pretty good but not among my favorite FFs. I didn't like FFX that much. So yeah, even though I started with FF7, I'm not a "hate old-school, love new-school" kinda person.
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 08-05-2003 at 08:23 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FF9 brings back a lot of stuff from FF1, actually (Like the name of some monsters and places, some classes...)

But anyway, you are a exception, man... Most ppl that started with the "new" FFs like the grafx and looks in the first place.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.