View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight where they are both fully equiped: Link or Fighter?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fighter of course!

18 47.37%
  • Link, naturally.

20 52.63%
  • Hmm...too close to call.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighter VS. Link, the ULTIMATE fight...sorta.

so he has a master sword exactly like Link's.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!

Link, definetly. He's got way more gear while all the FF1 chars get is a weapon some armour and a lucky few get spells. And Fighter's not one of those lucky few. :rolleyes2
    I AM THE MEGANINJA!~ FEAR MY MEGANINJA POWER!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Link cause he has bombs, Bow, and a big sword. But, on the downside he only has 14 HP. Plus, Link is a mime hero.

Link wears tights.

Fighter wins.

It would be way too close for me to call. I'm guessing you mean the basic fighter and not the Knight. If it was the Knight, then he would destroy Link with his repeated hits in one go.

I LIKE LINK BUT FIGHTER ALL THE WAY. FIGHTER WOULD STICK THE MASMUNE IN LINKS LITTLE SKINNY BODY.
    FF1 GREATEST GAME EVER
    SOMEONE PUT SUPER GLUE ON MY CAPS LOCK

I voted Fighter.... But Master would own them both!!!!!
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Thumbs up

Link would win.

did you ever observe how fighter actually attacks? he NEVER actually makes physical contact with his enemy, meaning he must have some sort of psychich fighter powers, like sword lazers, which are like lazers but sword powered !1!!!111!!!
    The Fighter doesn't have a magical sword, Square was just to lazy to make him (and everyone in FF 1-6) move more than 2 feet.

As for the actual battle, here's how it'd go:
    Link starts by filling the Fighter with Silver arrows and stunning him with the Boomerang. When Fighters almost there Link starts running around, with Fighter following at about the same speed, maybe a little slower since he's full of holes. Link drops bombs will he runs, effectivly killing (or fatal wounding Fighter). The End.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Nuh-uh! Fighter would block Link's arrows with his shield. Then he would advance straight up to Link like the walking tank that he is, only taking 1 HP damage per arrow. Soon, he backs Link into a corner and whips out his Excalibur. And does something like this motion.....................................................
    .................................................................................................... ..............................
    .................................................................................................... ...............................
    .................................................................................................... .........................:chop:
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

- With the magical sword (his best weapon), Link takes off 4 HP per attack. With the Rapier (his first weapon), Fighter takes off somewhere between 20 and 30 HP on average per attack.

- Link can land a hit a maximum of 1 time per assault. Fighter, if at a high enough level, can land upwards of 6 hits per assult.

- Link wears rings, which divide Fighter's damage by 4 at best. Fighter wears armor, which would reduce even the strongest hit by Link down to 1 HP.

- Link has a maximum of 32 HP (I think). Fighter starts with 35 and can have up to 999 HP.

- All of Link's alternate methods of attack (arrows, bombs, etc) are all weaker than his strongest sword.

My conclusion:

An end-game Link decked out with all the best gear would fall helplessly to a level 1 Fighter with equipment purchasable in Coneria. Even if Fighter misses a few rounds (likely), he still kills link in 4 or so hits (12 if Link uses his medicine wisely). Link would need to make 35 hits in order to take down fighter... and that's if Fighter decides not to use heal potions for some strange reason.

~loves to compare apples to oranges~

Well, fighter would kick links ass, but link would paralyze him with a boomerang, and then slash him up. Plus, Link does have the fairies. Fighter could only come back if someone was around to throw him a pheonix down.

You know, there was a flashplayer movie with Link from a Link to the past versus Cecil. You got to choose the ending. Link got Cecil to attack a chicken (big mistake) Cecil wins by summoning the banana man. If you click on ???, Sephiroth comes down and finishes em.
    So that really doesnt settle anything, huh?

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Do you even need to ask?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Originally posted by Disch
    - With the magical sword (his best weapon), Link takes off 4 HP per attack.
    Actually, no one knows how much HP Links foes have or how much HP a Heart is equivalent to. He could be just as powerful as fighter or more.
    Last edited by Rase; 09-30-2003 at 12:58 AM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fighter of course! Who is link? Tot he is called Zelda?