Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tee-dus or Tie-dus?

Cpme on guys its Tie-dus
    Hi Loser

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would've been good if they'd just given him a name in the script, rather than letting the player choose one. After all, since no-one ever says his name out loud, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I prefer the sound of "tide-us", but if the head honchoes say "teed-us", then that's just how it is, I guess.

Originally posted by Cloudane
    Seems it was a bonus DVD in the European release only
    Another thing we'll never get in America. Shoot! I wanted to see this DVD.

I'll place $20 on being able to find it on Kazaa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

yeah really, i saw something on the news about the police busting down people who have kazaa i mean its stupid cuz every teenager in the world has it
    Hi Loser

Speaking of which... I got kicked off Kazaa today for using a hack to increase my download speed. Now I have to change the email address and user name (they make it so though)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't have been too bothered if you just couldn't rename Tidus and they kept his name as Tidus. It would have been better because then they could have said it and it would have made a lot of scenes seem a whole lot more natural. Such as Yuna's (SPOILER)farewell sphere as somebody else mentioned.

I felt that by saying "newest guardian" or whatever else they called him, it reminded you that you were just a player, and didn't seem so much like Tidus was ...Tidus. It just really didn't seem right. ><
    Renaming some aeons would have been good enough for me, or even not renaming anything.

I called it a "Yan", my sister called it a "Yawn" and my parents told us to shut up.
    That made me laugh ^^
    rawr

Yea, he was called "New Guy/Guardian/etc..." so many times. Started to piss me off near the end.

i asked my friend who's in Japanese, he said it's with the "tee" sound. i've always said Tee-dus anyhow. i like how they dance around it in the game xD hehe...cause they had to do it so many times. and again, as others have pointed out, Tee-dus was how it was said in Kingdom Hearts

i always thought it funny that this guy comes with a bunch of people through a massive journey to destroy this ultimate death dude and they never ask his name. or tidus never says his name.
    Come on guys, see the funny part of it!

i pronounce it tie-dus, which sounds a whole lot cooler than
    tee-dus which sounds like the name of a new dishwasher.

p.s at the start of the game, going up the ramp to the stadium, talk to one of the girls and one of them will say something like "i really hope you'll win, Tidus!(or puff the magic dragon etc..)

but its in text....not voice.

Blog Entries

Speaking of dishwashers, Lulu was in a Hotpoint diswasher TV ad here in the UK (unsure about elsewhere)...

Seriously!

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it

Tee-dus? That sounds.. erm... strange. I say Tie-dus... :rolleyes2

i say tie-dus, but really they should have left his name coz in x-2 rikku calls him "you know how". it gets very annoing

Well unlike everyone who has posted yet i call him by his proper name: Tee-dus. Whats more i prefer Tee-dus to tie-dus. Tie-dus just sounds too distant to his personality

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Don't bring up dead threads.