Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats Your Favorite FF Game (tell why)

I've always been impartial to threads like these because I never know how to exactly state why FF8 is my favorite game, but after playing through it again recently, I think I have it figured out:

Despite the setting of the game, FF8 is the "most real" of the games in my opinion. The majority of the characters are well defined and understood. Each one has his or her own agenda which is sometimes sacrificed for the good of the group. As the game progresses, we begin to grow along with the cast and learn to expect what they'd say or how they'd react as if they were our friends or something along those lines.

Aside from all that, I find the music to be awe-inspiring, the story to be top-notch and a perfect pace for a love story, and the end of the game to be the most beautiful closing to any game I've ever played.

Not to take anything away from any of the other games, but for me, FF8 has that special place in my heart. Take care all.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Hands down FF7. Why? FF7 has the best storyline, the most innovative magic/summon units, Materia.....I mean materia just rocks. It had A TON of sidequest, and it was very unlinear (which is why FFX isn't my fav...too linear, and not enough sidequest), and the characters were just so alive - I've never developed a personal vendetta against a videogame charater until Sephiroth, after he so deviously killed Cloud's beloved Aeris - a person who never hurt anything or anyone and never did anyone wrong, but yet he is my hero at the sme time, cause hes just such a cool badass....THE badass off all RPGs. And, it was anything but an easy game. The battels were great, and there was a huge range of weapons, spells, summons, and a crapload of other atttacks to choose from. Ontop of all this the music was great too (Though FFX has my fav music). And I have never had a harder time defeating any bosses than I did with the emerald and ruby weapon, and I love a challenge. Plus characters weren't the same, they all had their own personality, their own Limit Breaks (and there was a good amount of limit breaks for each character). And they all had their own weapon style, AND they weren't generic! (Cloud with bigass sword, Barret with a gunarm inplace of a lost hand....how much more can you ask for?)

So, for all those reasons FF7 is my fav. I'm hoping they'll hurry up and make a better one though, but thats gonna be one hardass game to make. But I do love FF10, 8, and 6 as well, and I like all the others for their own reasons. FF7 just blows them all away though.
    Last edited by DMKA; 06-23-2003 at 06:57 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

My all time favorite Final Fantasy is Always going to be FFIX, Cool characters, I only have gripes with like Garnet she sucked not as needed as Eiko in battle, they have a villian who I hate but isn't Suckaroth popular, Treasure hunting side quests, Chocobo Hot and Cold just awsome. Great Story, though ZIdane could have ended up with someone else.Great Music Nice graphics for the PS1, sure it was a little short and Necron fecked the plot up with his apperance, but FFIX is one to always remember. BANG!
    OH YEAH!!!