Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Battle

Default Hardest Battle

What was your hardest battle.(Oh and Please do not put the weapons.Ruby,Emerald,ect.We have all heard that 2 many times.:rolleyes2
    God Loves Variety

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Emerald was the hardest battle for me though! It took me three tries to work out what materia I needed in which combinations with a lot of leveling up in between tries. Even now, I doubt I'd be able to go back and defeat it on the first try. There are so many preparations to make and forgetting even one could be fatal.

Maybe this thread should be entitled: 'Hardest Non-Weapon Battles'.

Mabey.WHY CANT I BEAT EMEARALD AND RUBY.It jus seemsso Impossible...
    God Loves Variety

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It requires persistance and patience. Particularly in leveling up the right materia.

For Emerald I used Underwater, Revive and Final Attack (linked), Master Summon (for KOR), W-Summon, Mime x2(for the other two characters to mime the guy summoning KOR), Master Magic, and Mega-All and maybe a few others, I always would forget one vital combination and wind up getting killed. Very frustrating.

For Ruby I used Revive and Final attack (linked), Master Summon and MP absorb (linked), E-Skill (for Big Guard), Master Magic, W-Summon...and a few odds and ends, all on one character. It took me a long time to figure out that spell casting doesn't hurt it unless your party is whittled down to one. So either let it randomly dispose of your non-prepared characters or come in with only one living character. Then Big Guard, then slam it with KOR. Rinse and repeat.

Heh... Aside from Emerald and Ruby the hardest boss would be the Turks in the Midgar subway when all three are together.

Number two is that possessed wall in the Temple of the Ancients, the Demon's Gate.
    I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll fight back if trouble finds me.

i beated the game for the second time yesterday and i thought that the hardest battle was against scarlet and heigde... the fat guy in green and their giant robot. it wasn't too hard but it just wouldn't jeffing die!! i almost ran out of MP.

For me it was Ruby Weapon, hate that red monster.

for me im not that possitive, my sid does 10,000 damage for a regular attack so i equip him wit 2x cut materia. it took me one try to beat proud clod, the red monster that scarlet has.
    sig limit violation

I always thought that the Materia Keeper in the mountains is really hard I dunno why sometimes he is sometimes he isn't and the Demon Wall thing is really hard..but I always over leave there where you can fight all of those Dragons in the temple and then have that guy cure you...and other than that the last Turks battle is tough

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Whatever that monster is in the safe in Neibelhiem always kicks my ass. But then again I always try to clean out Neibelhiem the first time I'm there so I'm probably a bit underleveled.
    Figaro Castle

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
    Whatever that monster is in the safe in Neibelhiem always kicks my ass. But then again I always try to clean out Neibelhiem the first time I'm there so I'm probably a bit underleveled.
    Same here, but one battle which I restared 3 times because of is DEMON'S GATE! *sigh* I was an RPG noob, forgive me please... *kills 11/12 year old self* I hate that guy... I also hate Demon's Gate.

Originally posted by Psychotic
    Same here, but one battle which I restared 3 times because of is DEMON'S GATE! *sigh* I was an RPG noob, forgive me please... *kills 11/12 year old self* I hate that guy... I also hate Demon's Gate.
    I was 9 years old when i first played ff7.
    Materia keeper whooped me 7 times and demons gate 10 times :P .After those i never had trouble with anything but the final bosses.I remember that turks was so easy for me for some reason.On disc 2 about the only one who gave me trouble a bit was Schizso.
    However even when i was an absolute rpg newbie back then.I whooped Jenova synth's fat head like no tomorrow.

And psychotic i did not quote ur post to flame you.I just wanted to show i had trouble with demons too

i would say emerald and ruby

but since you wanna know about other bosses, I'd say, the final battle with the Turks. Although, I've only faced them once,caus I usually decline there offer to fight (i like the roleplaying aspect of RPGs, not the hack 'n' slash). Stories are the best parts of video RPGs. (*sigh* I'm getting off topic again)

So, the Turks or maybe Demon's Gate, I always had to lvl up a lot right before fighting him.

The hardest battle for me was Ruby Weapon...but since no weapons, I would say Demon Gate on my first few times thru the game. He beat my ass like I had slept with his mother or somethin'. But I eventually prevailed.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

When the thread specifically says "list bosses other than weapons", why do people keep saying "this weapon, but since it's other bosses, it's..." or something of the sort. Sorry if I'm being a mod whore, but yeah, we know that the weapons are hard, so skip it. If Shrunkin Master wanted to know about weapons he'd have asked. Why do people have to keep putting that they think that the weapons are hardest, but that's not what we're talking about, etc...? Just don't mention it in the first place.
    Figaro Castle