Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That mysterious hole in Trabia...

That mysterious hole in Trabia...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I've always wondered about that giant hole that separates Trabia and Esthar. My theory is that it was from the last Lunar Cry because if you wander around Esthar talking to people, they explicitly say that the last Lunar Cry was in Trabia. So... I was wondering what everyone else's thoughts on it are?
    I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll fight back if trouble finds me.

That is what i thought before. the programmers just put that in there to prevent you from taking the garden to esthar to early. i have only played the game in foriegn languages (i live in russia) and i was trying so hard to get by the thing. i'd have to agree with the townspeople.

mmm i didn't know that... but, the last lunar cry didn't occur on Centra(i guess i'm wrong)?

well, besides that hole, you cant enter in Esthar because that barrier that surrounds most of the continent

Blog Entries

I am quite sure that last Lunar Cry was in Centra. Then again in Esthar, at Tear's Point. I dunno where the hole came from...let's see, I remember seeing two missiles get fired to Trabia, maybe one missed?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S!

That hole is where the Lunatic Pandora was, at least for a time. Remember Laguna's foray into acting? When he, Kiros and (occasionally) Ward are leaving the Trabia Canyon, he looks into the distance and sees the Crystal Pillar gleaming. I guess that was when Esthar was still experimenting with the Pillar before they sank it. The Pillar generates a huge amount of energy; if that energy lingered, that'd explain why the Garden's controls get messed up whenever Nida tries to fly over the crater.
    I remember seeing two missiles get fired to Trabia, maybe one missed?
    They fired a whole swag of missiles, but they wouldn't have had the power to cause that much damage to the ground.

Blog Entries

EDIT: Whoopsie, better correct that observation, cuz it was clearly worng. My mistake, nicely pointed out Big D.

It was put there by the programmers to keep people from going into esthar. Garden can't fly over it and you can't ride a chocobo over it either.
    I guess you're right, the pillar could have done it but was it the result of the pillar being there, or is it the hole from the excavation?

Wink trabia hole

nah its no lunar cry its a missile crater .. no?
    http://ayas.arcadepages.com/v2/fanart/squall...jpg

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How Do we Know Trabia cn't fly? Maybe It tried to get out the way of the Missles but just werent fast enough! so that hole is Trabia's origonal Location!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Trabia Garden was seriously damaged by the missile strike, many parts of it were almost destroyed, including that disc-like 'blade' which is an integral part of the flight of both B-Garden and G-Garden.

Trabia had no way to know that the missile strike was coming. Even if there was someone capable of flying the Garden, how would they have known to take off?

Also, as I said earlier: That hole is huge, and has strange properties judging by what happens when B-Garden tries to fly over it. Hence the view that it has something to do with either the Crystal Pillar or Lunar Cry, rather than simply being the result of a stray missile or two.

Nah its a simple programming ploy so that you cannot see the "Laguna film" scene before disc three! If the crater was not there the player could access the scene where Laguna fights the Dragon before the flash back.

Programmers since the late 80's have used obstacles to limit game progression...
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Quistis! You're a popular one. Life keeps you busy,
    but you still try to slow down once in a while and enjoy the
    world around you, in spite of how busy you are. You're in good
    shape, and you can't help being a bit of a flirt.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Certainly, it has that necessary purpose, but it's still fun to speculate on the origins and 'plot implications' of that crater.

I'm surprised that no-one's used it to prove R=U yet...

i was confused with all the gardens flying about the place. i know they mentioned that b-garden was a shelter and had a defence mechanism but they never said any thing about the other ones. and does this mean that all of the gardens were orgianaly shelters (that seems very convenient).

well if this is just paranoid ravings after all then i would say that even if traibia garden did know them missiles were coming i dont think they would even know that the gardens COULD fly (even cid doesn't know).
    Word/s.

I'm pretty sure that it is where Pupu's spaceship crashed. Pupu is the little blueish green alien if I have the name wrong.

I thought pupu crashes in the balamb garden crater.
    Word/s.