View Poll Results: Is FFX-2 Looking Like Your Fave FF?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It Is/Looks Great!

9 25.71%
  • It Looks/Is But It's Not The Best

9 25.71%
  • Perhaps, I don't no Ill have to play it

10 28.57%
  • No, It is the worst FF ever!

7 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do You Think FF X-2 will be the Greatest FF Ever and if not, what is?

*Rawr* for The Moomba! Stupid Moomba 88's Avatar

Default Why do You Think FF X-2 will be the Greatest FF Ever and if not, what is?

New Questionaire People. I think FF X-2 will rank on the greatest FFs evr, but not the greatest. I think that honour has to go to FFVIII, for it's intricate story, clever Junction system (Im still finding out stuff I can do with it) and Characters you could connect to. Plus, with all the hidden stuff and u have a winner.

FFX-2 however looks very good and could actually top FF X because that, now I come back to it, seems very boring wheras I can't wait to jump in playing FFVII or FFVIII. I want to want to carry on the story, not just sit in a rut and train. Do any of u no what Im saying?
    Image too tall.

I get what you're saying.

It looks like a good game but I'm reluctant to say that it could be the best... since in my experience sequels are rarely improvents on the originals. But hey, who knows? I'll have to wait and play, ya?:moggie:
    Train, train take us away... Far Away... To the future we will go...

The writings of a Kupo:moggie:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks far from the best Final Fantasy ever. Re-using graphics is blah. Sequals are blah. In my opinion it will never top Final Fantasy VI, or even IX. But that's just what I think.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

It'll definitely be the best regarding the graphics. I dunno about the storyline, it sounds beautiful but I thought it was a pervo game at first so... it'll probably make the wrong impression, which means some people out there are going to be turned off by this FFX-sequel-that-does-NOT-have-a-Yuna-and-Tidus-clone-in-it. Mmkay?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

A) It's a sequel to FFX, which imo was not a good FF to begin with

B) and this is the important one. FFX-2 has completely forgotten it's Final Fantasy heritage, which is just shameful, as they are all superior to it anyway most likely. I can't say I've played it but I have a nasty feeling it's going to be a cringe-fest, with the word "Yunie" being used frequently.

C) No wait, this is importanter. NO DRAGOONS! Oh yeah, we'll have gunners, but no we won't have dragoons, they aren't "kewl" enough for us.

goodgoodgood...it's good

Because it has Rikku and FF10 was a major crap game

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Faris_the_guy
    goodgoodgood...it's good

Because it has Rikku and FF10 was a major crap game
    So it's good because FF10 was crap? From what I've seen it's just a re-hashed version of FFX. With less playable characters and more lame mini-games.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NO! I'll be surprised if FFMQ is less fun.

FFX-2 will be "fun" I guess but it'll never touch the best FF spot. But Lenne and Shuin made me think that it has a chance to beat FFX in the ranks of the best FF. But it'll never be the best FF.

*Rawr* for The Moomba! Stupid Moomba 88's Avatar

Yeah i no what u mean. FF X was crap to play but to look at, it was heaven and the story was good. But it felt more like a graphic demo then a game, with me sitting thru cutscence and another and yet another...

Although MGS2 was exactly the same you could have fun when you played shooting guards and the like. FF X's big minigame Blitzball didn't even wake me up. Sure it's fun to play at first, but how boring?

I hope FF X-2 is more fun (Like the PSOne games) and less like it's PS2 cousin.
    Image too tall.

I don't know what everyone is talking about. FFX was the funnest final fantasy to play. And having fun playing a game is the whole intention right? Sure it has very easy bosses once you leveled all the way up. But game and story was great. The ending and mini games were only bad points for game.

FFX2 will be a great game. But I doubt it will ever be like FFVII (best serious dark story, cool main villian and cool main character) or FFVIII (Powerful end boss, powerful main character, love story, cool sci fi feel to it-game ruled). FFIX? FFIX was okay but only good part was ending (characters too weak-opposite of FFX).

I wouldn't complain about CG cutscenes for FFX till you play Xenosaga with 15-35 minute cutscenes after every 15-45 minutes of gameplay than tell me about it.

To keep you from complaining any further guys just don't bother buying game if you hated FFX. Because its basically the same just with girl power in it and no summons. I think it will be fun, but thats just me. I like games that are fun. Maybe others have to always have old graphics like FFVI or super hard game play like contras in their games for old school because they hate change? But I don't like ugly or super hard games. I like games that are fun and good stories. FFX had good story. And majority people liked it. Sales can't lie. Having a sequel says alot.
    Last edited by Kalel; 07-06-2003 at 01:22 AM.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

Banned

1) Just because people bought it dosnt mean people liked it.

2) The only reason's its getting a sequal is because it can.

anyway this isnt the best, its by far one of the worst, allllll the way down there with MQ.
    none of the mini games are fun, and those birds on the choco race are from HELL! there HELL DEMON BIRDS.
    the story was too simple and unbearbly boring, you knew the hole story as soon as the game starts.
    the charactors where underdevolped and crap, who all magically join togther for no reason until square throws in some last minute crap 2 lined reason. most charactors didnt have any background, motivation, surname age. and the charactors where just annyoing....very very annoying. no world map!? whats with that!? just walking to point A to B. anygame with this many floors cant be good an neither can its sequal that distusts loads of fans.

I still prefer FFX. I love when the world during crisis. Erm... I mean crisis on Spira.

Let's get ready to blitz!

Hot girls, great graphics, rpg, the fact its made my square.

FFX is my favorite FF so far, but I feel FFX-2 will top it. Why? More exciting and better ending to name a few. FFVIII is also in very close measure but I like FFX more because... I dunno, maybe it was the fact that Yuna NEEDED Tidus but couldn't say so till the end. It sucked that it wasn't until it was too late but I guess the end kinda showed that she really loved him. Ugh... now I'm confused... I hate the ending but like the game slightly more than FFVIII because of it? Now I'm really confused... Wait, I'm always confused. Oh man...
    Don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

People in glass houses shouldn't dance naked.

Don't be sad because people think you're weird. Just go around telling people you're mentally insane and laugh at all the people that are scared of you.

Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

DEATH TO SPONGEBOB!!
    DEATH TO ALLENBEE!!