Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which voice sucked the most??

*Shrugs* I was always in love with Auron's character. His voice was done well.
    ANYWAY, I have to say that Seymour's was the more annoying but Yuna's was the worst all around.

I liked Tidus's after I got used to it. *Smiles* I agree, Waka and Lulu's voice were perfect to me as well.

^_^

LadySteph
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Tidus. at least at zanarkand and luca/mihen highroad.
    this is why the saying arised: tidus is a NONCE. apart form that is seem unaffeceted by bad voices, movies, voice overs and songs. I consider it a talent.
    Word/s.

They were all really rubbish except lulu and auro, but hey didn't have anything important to say anyway
    We can not choose who we are, yet what are we but the sum of our choices?

Yuna's voice was really bad, Anyone remember the laughing seen?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Oh God the laughing scene... that was just... ackward.

Ya know who was really bad? That prietess trainee girl ya keep running into. Her voice was annoying and so was she.

I loved Lulu, Auron, Wakka, and Rikku's voices. And yes, RPGs can do without voices, but I feel it just adds a new dimension to the characters. And it gives ya an idea of how to pronounce some of the stuff. And hereI was saying Tie-dus. if they'd had voices in VIII I wouldnt have been saying Quis-tis for so long. (Its pronounced key-stis by the way)

The problem with speech is that it takes so damn long to say anything and subsequently a lot of the deperately needed storyline can not be put in as there is not enough room on the disk. Text on the screen takes up just a fraction of that space so lots more storyline can be put in the game. Thats why X's characters were rubbish (plus the annoying american voices)
    We can not choose who we are, yet what are we but the sum of our choices?

Tidus' voice can be very stupid and annoying sometimes, but I still think he's sweet and sexy.

I don't like Yuna's voice all that much. It's WAY too soft and passive, and it makes her sound like a coward (which she is not).

Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
    They were ALL BAD! because RPGS ARE NOT MEaNT FOR VOICES!:
    Okay...good

Anyway...all good, bravo, have a muffin

EDIT BY BoB: Don't insult other members.

Yuna's Japanese voice actor, Aoki Mayuko, is awesome!
    I fell in love with her voice after listening to Feel from the FFX soundtrack. It's smooth and peace-inducing. Donno why but everytime I listen to Yuna's voice ( in Japanese) I immediately feel a deep inner peace. *peaceful sigh*
    :rolleyes2

I'm Japanese, so I bought the Japanese version of the game, I thought the voices were ok...........for those of you who have played both Japanese and English version of the game..........what's the difference?

Seymour's was definately the worst. It sounded more like the voice of one of the golden girls than a big bad evil guy.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Hootenanny
    Seymour's was definately the worst. It sounded more like the voice of one of the golden girls than a big bad evil guy.
    Haha, yeah it did!

Yuna had a decent voice, just bad acting. That little girl that stops you on the Mihen High Road and asks "Are you a Summoner!?" is really annoying though. But then, so are most of the non-important people who stop you just to grovel at Yuna's feet.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

UI liked Tidus's voice personally but i hated seymour's. It reminded me of that evil guy in resident evil code veronica cos of his womanly laugh (that wasn't meant to be a sexist remark, i just meant it went very high)

I think Wakka and Auron's voices were better in English.

1st place = Tidus

2nd place = Seymour

3rd place = Kimahri

Let's get ready to blitz!