Thread: Odd occurance

Default Odd occurance

I'm currently using a rom I got from Vimm's Emulator abyss, using Zsnes to run it.

Now, something quite odd happened the other day. I was usingthe pary Edgar (lvl 23)/Celes (lvl 22)/Sabin(lvl 23)/Gau and I allowed gau to use his ability to jump into the opposing monsters. After a while of fighting, I left before gau returned to the party, when I noticed that he was gone, I returned to the savanah.

Heres where the odd things began. Gau returned, but the rest of my party somehow ended up with 9999 hp.

does anyone know how this happened? I'll see if I can get a snapshot of my menu for the game, just so those who don't believe me will see.

Lost Heretic,
    The Bitter and Jaded Teen

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Was Relm in your party when Gau returned? That would be the easy answer, her sketch bug. But even without Relm, that's one of the buggier parts of the game, having Gau come and go from your party. As Relm's sketch command works best when you sketch in the Veldt(when Gau returns), I wouldn't be surprised if there are other ways to glitch the game with other members.
    Figaro Castle

no, I absolutely hate relm, so I never use her. I did not replace the slot where gau was when he went missing, so, I guess that your reason isn't valid.

My friend had something similar happen to him in FF9, but only Zidane was affected, and if you used a potion or and healing magic on him, it went back to normal.

*shrugs*

Lost Heretic,

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Lost Heretic
    no, I absolutely hate relm, so I never use her. I did not replace the slot where gau was when he went missing, so, I guess that your reason isn't valid.
    My reason as to why you got the bug was that someone in your party (Edgar, Celes or Sabin if you didn't replace them) caused the bug, not that you put someone in Gau's spot. Just as sketching with Relm causes a glitch, perhaps blitzing with Sabin or using Runic with Celes could cause a glitch if the conditions are right.
    Figaro Castle

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do any of these glitches occur in the PlayStation re-release of FFVI? I've tried to get the 'Sketch' bug, but with no success.

No, they fixed the sketch bug along with i suppose all the others, i doubt there would be any bugs in a PSX version of the game. the only real bugs left are that some Ps2`s constantly screw up saved files, i doubt thats a bug you`d want to try and get though. As for that thing with Gau my friend had almost thesame thing happen except when Gau came back He was the one with 9999 Hp. But he said that gau only had 9999 hp when he was on the veldt. My friend was using Zsnes too but thats the only bug hes come a cross so far
    If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
    - Magus

Do you know where your friend got the ROM from?

just wondering.

Lost Heretic,

I think he got it from emureactor.com but i could be wrong It might be a bug or it might be hack i have no idea
    If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
    - Magus

i would like to say that i /(%&$&%$ HATE the damn save file bug in the ps version of the game!! sometimes it takes me like 15 minutes to access my goddamn save file! and this one time it took me 50 ing minutes to access it! i thought i was going to die because it was my only save file and i was in the WOR but it worked eventually (thank god for that). so what you're saying is that if you play the game on ps1 then the save bug doesn't occur? if so, i'm going to sweep the dust of the old girl and go at it like the good old days!
    If you put spinach on a sausage, do you grow gills?

There comes a time in every man's life where he must make his very own FF8 website. For me, that time is now: www.start.at/iceff8

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never had that problem on the playstation. Go ahead and take the girl out and hope she doesn't dump you this time.

i tried it on the old girl a few minutes ago and surprise surprise! it didn't do jack schitt! it still screws up my save files! goddamn bug!
    If you put spinach on a sausage, do you grow gills?

There comes a time in every man's life where he must make his very own FF8 website. For me, that time is now: www.start.at/iceff8

Hahahahha!!!! IT....didn't work