Thread: "Capture it!"

Default "Capture it!"

There was a thread before in which Gau asked for help in using the "print screen" button when you're viewing stuff in Windows Media Player. I can't find it anymore

So, any of you guys know how to capture screenshots from movies in Windows Media Player and save them as JPG's? Usually when you do it, you just get a black space where the image of the movie was supposed to be. Any ideas on making the image come up will result me loving you forever.
    That's really my hair.

"Faris, Calvin; you don't seem to understand! This is not a thread about homosexuality! Girls can love Barret! Guys can love Barret! It's not gay! Barret's love is beyond any form of gay-ness. It is transcendent; like the sun and moon and stars! It's like loving God! Would you say a boy who loves God is gay? That's what I thought!

So please, don't fight. Just spead the love! And the Barret sexyness. RAWR! =D~"

- Linxiaotuzi

If you have <a href="http://www.virtualdub.org/">virtualdub</a>, you can take screen caps of the videos by pressing ctrl+1 and then pasting it into paint or somesuch. And then, with vdub, you can encode your own files to save space, and that's spiffy.

Ellay

Here's that thread you were talking about...
    *printscreen*

I love you both. Thanks a lot.
    That's really my hair.

"Faris, Calvin; you don't seem to understand! This is not a thread about homosexuality! Girls can love Barret! Guys can love Barret! It's not gay! Barret's love is beyond any form of gay-ness. It is transcendent; like the sun and moon and stars! It's like loving God! Would you say a boy who loves God is gay? That's what I thought!

So please, don't fight. Just spead the love! And the Barret sexyness. RAWR! =D~"

- Linxiaotuzi

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You ought to have two different versions of Media Player; teh fancy-ass skinned one and the incredibly simple one. Simply open them both up, and position the one you want to capture the picture of on the layer behind the other Media Player. To clarify, I do not mean cover up the first media player, but to have it where you can see it, but not be the active window. If you understand that, then you're pretty much sorted. Just hit print screen and paste into your graphics program =P
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, i was looking for that thread as well.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, two of any media player will do, since only one can use that special DirectX layer at any time, so simply put them both on the same frame to be captured and printscreen one - if that doesn't work, then the other should No messy window positioning fiddling involved, and easier than the DirectX fiddling solution I put in that other thread

Or yeah, VirtualDub is easier if it's an AVI you're screenshotting
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP