Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So where's the "and"?

Default So where's the "and"?

I noticed one thing in FF6 that I really(!!!) hate. That is, you have to chose between things, instead of getting to have them all. What am I talking about? Well, a) the ragnarok. Why the hell do you have to chose between the esper and the sword? The esper sucks but we who want to perfect games chose it anyway and end up missing out on one of the best weapons in the game! And b) odin and rayden. They look almost exactly the same, do the same attack and are all in all, the same guy. Why, oh, why, does the more powerful one (raiden) have the worse abilities? I mean, odin adds +1 to your speed at level up! while raiden gives +2 in vigor? no fair! how can a man chose between these two? why can't you have both? why can't you have the sword AND the esper? since when did "or" take "and"s place?

p.s. the 8 dragons are WAY to easy! i'm at level 40 and i'm beating the crap out of them with the cursed shield equipped and not ko-ing the character wearing it! how weird is that!
    If you put spinach on a sausage, do you grow gills?

There comes a time in every man's life where he must make his very own FF8 website. For me, that time is now: www.start.at/iceff8

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Well, I guess that's just realistic. You can't get everything in real life, either. There is a lot of choices to be made in FFs, and they can have significant results. FF1's and SD3's choice of which characters to take, that's just a really tough choice.

I'd take Ragnarok Sword, BTW. You can learn Ultima even with Paladin Shield
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

You hate that in FFVI? I don't understand, I feel that it is a good thing about the game.

You know what I hate, having to level up1!!!! Why can't they just put you @ lvl 99 at the strt of the game?!?!!?!?

Originally posted by MecaKane
    You know what I hate, having to level up1!!!! Why can't they just put you @ lvl 99 at the strt of the game?!?!!?!?
    wouldn't that be kinda boring??

@ Gudni

there are other things like the one you've mentioned!

If you choose the Ragnarok-sword, you have to decide to keep it or exchange it for the almighty Illumina sword!

n what about the Cursed Shield / Paladin Shield / Cursed Ring thing??
    you can't get them all!

my best thing was to have all Espers except Odin + Ragnarok AND all Items but Ragnarok, Cursed Shield & Cursed Ring!
    252 Items & 25 Esper + 252 Rage's

My first thought was that it does suck to not be able to have everything, but then I thought that it is sort of cool. You normally don't get choices like that in other video games I have played. And I choose the sword, cos I like swords. Maybe ppl who like using magic more would choose the esper. Blarg!
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

It's like the saying goes.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too
    So just choose the one that fits your abilities. I mean you like magic get the esper or you like brutality get the sword. If your one of those gamers that must have everything get the esper and try Relm's glitch trick *Not recominded*

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Originally posted by Master.Pug
    wouldn't that be kinda boring??
    He might have been being sarcastic...
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

...or just weird, maybe?

but anyway, wich one did you get? the sword or the esper and odin or raiden? i got the esper (don't get me wrong, i like fighting more than using magic, i just wanted to see what the esper was like. plus, i've kind of got this tradition where i get all the summons in the ffs i play) and i leveled odin up to raiden 'cause he has a higher kill chance. but what about you?

There comes a time in every man's life where he must make his very own FF8 website. For me, that time is now: www.start.at/iceff8

Default Re: So where's the "and"?

Originally posted by Gudni_fighter
    I noticed one thing in FF6 that I really(!!!) hate. That is, you have to chose between things, instead of getting to have them all. What am I talking about? Well, a) the ragnarok. Why the hell do you have to chose between the esper and the sword? The esper sucks but we who want to perfect games chose it anyway and end up missing out on one of the best weapons in the game! And b) odin and rayden. They look almost exactly the same, do the same attack and are all in all, the same guy. Why, oh, why, does the more powerful one (raiden) have the worse abilities? I mean, odin adds +1 to your speed at level up! while raiden gives +2 in vigor? no fair! how can a man chose between these two? why can't you have both? why can't you have the sword AND the esper? since when did "or" take "and"s place?

p.s. the 8 dragons are WAY to easy! i'm at level 40 and i'm beating the crap out of them with the cursed shield equipped and not ko-ing the character wearing it! how weird is that!
    All that stuff is in there for replay value, or what there is to come back to a second time. If the game branches off two ways, that leaves you with a different option to choose the second time around. It's what game developers like Squaresoft do to make an RPG more interesting.

Articles

You can steal the Ragnarok sword, anyway. So technically, you can have both.

steal it? you serious? *starts drooling* who can you steal it from?

Yeah, who the heck can u steal it from..?
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

A part of Kefka (I think the main part of the 3rd tier).

It doesn't bother me too much. It's like Chrono Cross/Trigger, you get a different gaming experiance everytime.
    However I agree it's nice to have full Espers, but I just don't bother with the sword anyway.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Articles

Actually, it's (SPOILER)one of the statues before the final fight. You have to use either Locke or Gogo to swipe it, but I can't remember for the life of me which one it is. Instinct and vague memories lead me to think it's Doom, but no guarantees.