Thread: I'm at the end of Xenogears, and... (SPOILERS)

Default I'm at the end of Xenogears, and... (SPOILERS)

I'm at Deus in disc 2 (second time). I haven't ventured very far into the dungeon yet, and I was wondering if there are any more battles in which you have to use the regular characters, excluding random encounters on the world map. I'm trying to raise funds so I can upgrade my gear equipment at Big Joe's shop, and if I won't be using my characters again, I might as well sell off the more valuable accessories and weapons I have.

So... my question is, will there ever be a need to use my regular characters in battle again? If anyone could clarify this for me, thank ya. ;D

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, you won't need your characters, although several accessories that you can equip on characters do sometimes carry over their effects to gears (like the trading card, etc.)
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

Unless you want to go to Dunesman's Isle, that is. There's battles on foot there.

In the final dungeon make sure at least fei has haste boots.(I think thats what they were called)
    It acts like boost in his gear.
    use eth amps(the charecter ones not the gear one)
    and make sure you go for fuel not power.
    Your gonna repair more than you hit.
    Small tip.Equip a recharge z or x (what were they called again?)the ones that let you refuel faster in your gear.
    Then when you get to hyper mode recharge if you have the z on it rec harges 5k worth of fuel!
    it helps alot trust me.

I beat the game, finally. Took about twelve or thirteen tries, though. Thank you to everyone who replied, it helped. =)