Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is no FF7-2

Default There is no FF7-2

I read it somewhere at gamepro.But I forgot to make a link of it.But bassicly they said:

"We are sorry but we will not be able to make a sequel to FF7.We are currently working on to many new projects.And to add on that we do not have enough money to create a new one."

Something like that with all the SPAM inbetween. And think, if it took 30,000,000,(thirty-million dallors) to make the first ff7 imagine how much it would cost now with all the new technoligy required for better graphic and everything.And think about it,if they were gonna make a 2 why didn't they do it a long time ago.Ever since the 7th there has been 9 new FF games (including the ones they are working on) so they made 9 new games, now you think they want to go all the back just for a few people who are interested so like 100 people will buy it.

Out of all of the 700 kids in my school, only 2 people (including me) even know about FF series.
    Guess who's back. Yah I know the world was better with out me but I am here to haunt yo guys again...

It is not for certain that there will be no sequal in the future. Square is just busy with everything else right now.

Out of all of the 700 kids in my school, only 2 people (including me) even know about FF series.
    o_O

FFVII-2 being made would make me the happiest person alive.

Nomura really really wants to make it happen, as does much of the original design team.

Square is busy with other things right now...but I don't care...ten years from now, I'll still be waiting patiently for the sequel that'll slay me completely

James McConnor

Please, no. I don't want to be stuck with a Tifa-Yuffie-Aeris party in all knew cloths, changing cloths every time they enter a battle. I pray Square doesn't attempt to make Aeris slutty like they did Yuna. I'd personally hunt them down one by one.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

ZeZipster I've argued this with you a lot and you have yet to give a valid arguement as to why you hold your beliefs about FFX-2. If you are going to bash Square without reason can you please at least keep it in the right forum.

BlackCobra have you actually asked everyone in your school if they've heard of FF? I'm just curious.

I'd love to see an FF7 sequel, even if they just reused the original engine. If they threw out Materia I might have to go on a rampage at Square though.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Here's something from Tetsuya Nomura:

Originally posted at RPGamer
    On Final Fantasy VII, Nomura stated that the chances of a sequel were unrealistic. Since Final Fantasy X-2 was built mostly off the engine of its predecessor, it was fairly easy to quickly produce a sequel. However, the much older engine of Final Fantasy VII would be unusable, and the game would have to be built mostly from scratch. This would require the development time and resources of a brand new Final Fantasy.
    So I don't think FF7-2 will be made for a while.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Yeah I thought I'd heard that before, I don't really see why though.

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
    ZeZipster I've argued this with you a lot and you have yet to give a valid arguement as to why you hold your beliefs about FFX-2. If you are going to bash Square without reason can you please at least keep it in the right forum.
    Valid arguement? The fact they you just happen to lose all male characters and none are replaced then Square changes all their cloths (despite their history of NEVER chaning all of the characters cloths) then tops it all off by making them change cloths EVERY battle as a new battle-system? It's all valid proof that Square IS selling out to attract dumb-asses. They ruined a classic. I don't like the idea of them doing that to FF7. You don't take an RPG and then add missions and a billion different endings to it.

I've said several times why it wouldn't make sense for Square to have sold out with X-2 and I'm not gonna repeat myself in here. However X is certainly NOT a classic by any stretch.

Having played X for all of 45 minutes and never playing X-2 I can gather this much - just by looking at the difference of clothing between Yuna in X and Yuna in X-2 as well as going from a summoner character to a gunfighter is all that needs to be seen to be able to tell that Square/Enix are targetting a much different audience.

If such a thing was done with FF7 I don't believe I would go anywhere near it.

Ugh. It's fairly clear if you play X, and take X-2 in context why Yuna changes.

It isn't really clear why Square would choose the first FF ever that is obviously aimed at people who are already fans of the series to decide to sell out and aim at a totally different market.

Originally posted by ZeZipster
    Please, no. I don't want to be stuck with a Tifa-Yuffie-Aeris party in all knew cloths, changing cloths every time they enter a battle. I pray Square doesn't attempt to make Aeris slutty like they did Yuna. I'd personally hunt them down one by one.
    Oh man Aeris as a slut that Should be against the law.(Wait a minut how could they Aeris is Dead they cant bring her bac to life canthey)?:O_O:
    God Loves Variety

Default Zezipster

hey zezipster, do you relise that if there was a final fantasy 7-2 that the only character that could possible carry on the rest of the story would be Nanaki?
    it would have to take place 500 years after ff7 also.
    didn't you beat the game? or did you just play 3 hours of it? though i don't like the idea of X-2 or 7-2. the game dose target a completely differn't audiance, one that i would much rather not be part of...:mog:

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

then tops it all off by making them change cloths EVERY battle as a new battle-system?
    Ever play Final Fantasy V or Tactics? It's like a job-system, no doubt.
    hey zezipster, do you relise that if there was a final fantasy 7-2 that the only character that could possible carry on the rest of the story would be Nanaki?
    it would have to take place 500 years after ff7 also.
    After the whole (SPOILER)meteor incident, and then the whole dashing into 500 years into the future, there's bound to have been stuff that's happened in between. It doesn't necessarily have to take place 500 years ahead.

SHHH... THIS IS THE LATEST INFO!!
    *note*: some people may be either happy or disappointed.

There is a high possibility that FFVII-2 is going to come out in 2 or 3 years. Maybe 4. But it's not going to be on PS2. It will be on psp, or playstation portable. It's the new "gameboy" from sony. Every aspect of psp is better than gameboy. Here are some specs that I KNOW psp will have:

1.) LCD display
    2.) polygon display
    3.) same graphic as playstation
    4.) games cost $15 each because it's on a super tiny disc.
    5.) the screen is wider and little bit bigger than gameboy advance.
    6.) rechargable battery (like gameboy adv. sp)

And sony announced that it will come out summer of next year. So, I will definitely buy it!