Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: mistakes in FINAL FANTASY (Spoilers) Note Please contribute

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    I may just have a bad memory, but doesn't Tidus just say there isn't a Jecht Shot 3?

You can make FFVII screw up if you call Red Nanaki, which annoys me because that would have been a perfect chance for a bit of a clever bonus.
    Actually he says that his father called it the Jecht Shot 3 but there never was a first or a secind. He just called it that for effect like, he was trying to improve his already flawless shot.
    Too big.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Why did Mog need Edgar to save him in Kefka's tower? He could have-Ya-know FLOWN away with those What da ya call em.....WINGS on his back!!

Those wings are too small and thin to facilitate flight. Obviously, if he could fly, he would have done so when he was about to fall off the cliff. The only moogles that can fly are the pretend (in the game pretend) ones in the game on FFVII

If The Espers Fade away Terra should fade away too instead of staying on the falcon

Did you not pay attention at all during the end of the game? Maduin explains to Terra that if she has a strong connection to someone or something, she may be able to continue living as a human. Her connection to the children and to her friends was strong enough, so she only lost her powers as an Esper.

In the WOR Ziegfried (I think it's that one) goes before you in the Figaro cave He dissapears Suddenly and when you get to the turtle he suddenly apears BEHIND YOU!

Because there's two of them. In the Collesium, Zieg states that someone is impersonating him, and warns you not to be fooled.

Locke's "Portrait" in the Menu has a hatand Locke doesn't were a hat just a head band

Because the portraits are the Amano pictures. Terra and pretty much everyone else were also blonde in the original Amano pictures, but they did change the colors on the status pictures.

When Kefka opens the Esper Gate Various Espers Fly out In cluding ones you ALREADY HAVE!!

Yep. And ones that are already dead somewhere in the world. Just like in any battle, Square resuses battle sprites.

Locke Somehow Knows That The battle with Ultros in Thamasa is the 3rd battle!!! (Remember he wasn't there on his first attack!)

Obviously they told him. I'm sure each group took the time to fill the others in when they met up again. It would be plain stupid otherwise.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Urm?

When did Maduin say this?

Terra's Ending simply showd a Magicite Fly into the air and then fade like the ones before it, I always Guesed that it was Maduin's Magicite because he's related to Terra and is more important to the story than other Espers. But what part of the ending did this happen?

(Note: I had all members apart From Umaro who sux would that effect the ending?)

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No, not having Umaro only effects his ending. And when they stop in the room with the old Esper tubes, the Maduin magicite jumps into one and explains this to Terra. Pay closer attention next time.

This really isn't a mistake, but I found it nifty anyway. Cloud and Sephiroth are wearing the same belts. Just thought I'd point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

In every FF game the main chracters get hit by swords, guns, lightning(etc) and still don't die. They just sit there waiting for thier turn to attack. Everybody just stands there waiting.

Laguna," I've just been shot it hurts. I'll wait another 2 mintes then shoot you back even though your'e wide open and I am too."

The only moogles that can fly are the pretend (in the game pretend) ones in the game on FFVII
    Not true. There's a moogle in FFIX that flys from place to place as he's being chased by a dog. It's in Treno.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Jalbrean
    Not true. There's a moogle in FFIX that flys from place to place as he's being chased by a dog. It's in Treno.
    Wouldnt know, havent played it. Regardless, they don't fly in VI, which is my point.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
    Cauion!!! Afew FF6 Spoilers in this one!! You need To have completed the game!!

FF6:

Why did Mog need Edgar to save him in Kefka's tower? He could have-Ya-know FLOWN away with those What da ya call em.....WINGS on his back!!
    He was being held, wasn't he? He needed to be pulled loose.
    If The Espers Fade away Terra should fade away too instead of staying on the falcon
    It's explained that Tina's Genjû half does fade away, while her human half remains.
    Locke's "Portrait" in the Menu has a hatand Locke doesn't were a hat just a head band
    This is just one example of a very large number of redesigns imposed upon Amano's original characters for conversion to appear among the game's normal graphics.
    When Kefka opens the Esper Gate Various Espers Fly out In cluding ones you ALREADY HAVE!!
    The designers didn't want to have to make unique designs that would only be seen for but a few seconds of game time, so they simply recycled the sprites of the Genjû you can attain.
    Locke Somehow Knows That The battle with Ultros in Thamasa is the 3rd battle!!! (Remember he wasn't there on his first attack!)
    Simple: the others told him about it somewhere along the way. You think they wouldn't mention an incredibly weird purple octopus accosting them, especially since that octopus was the very reason Mash got separate from the party and ran into Cayenne (and Shadow)?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=Kishi]
    This is just one example of a very large number of redesigns imposed upon Amano's original characters for conversion to appear among the game's normal graphics.[/q]There's also the possibility that Locke owns a hat as well as a headband. Alternate attire would make him almost unique amongst FF characters, but more hygenic than all those other heroes who never change.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was probably intentional and not really a mistake but I think it is wrong, and therefore a mistake...

In FFVIII on one of the SeeD tests (I think the first), there is a question along the lines of "Is there any limit to the amount of magic you can stock?" Well I would say yes, there is because you can only stock 99 of each magic, hence that is a limit. But the correct answer turned out to be No.

I guess a possibility is that they mean there is no limit to the types of magic. But still I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting 100% on the test, until I changed my answer to that question.
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There has to be a limit anyway, it's not the like game has infinite memory on the cartridge or in the PSX RAM to store unlimited magic
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just noticed another mistake in FFVIII...

When Julia is playing the piano in the hotel in Deling City, the Eyes on Me piano music is playing. When you see her close up she carries on playing the piano after the music has stopped. Doh. :rolleyes2
    rawr

Originally posted by masamune1287
    Same can be said with Sephiroth. In every pic of FMV, he's carrying the sword in his left hand. But during regular gameplay he carries it in his right. Sorta odd.
    I don't see the problem with that. It doesn't matter what hand you carry a weapon with, it only matters which hand you use it with. Not to mention he could be ambidextrous.

Yeah, that's true. But he uses it lefty in a lot of shots. I just thought it was odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.