Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Windurst Liberation Army

Yes, Sean (Wind Dragon) is a psychotic friend of mine from school. Though on the outside he may seem like a psycho who seeks out the pain of others, inside he's just a fuzzy bunny.
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

My ways of driving people insane are much more intricate but this works too. BTW Cap'n Haxxor means rabid bunny with claws of death.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

OK Since I cant get MSN Messanger Working until I get my new comp.....

I am using AIM Messanger.....GRRRR

My name on it is

"Nakor Blue Robe"

without the " " obvoisly.......

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I love you too Doug.

And welcome to the WLA Sean. I too am psycho... but I'm sure you already figured that out.

FFXIV Character

So Cap'n (AKA: Alpha) Do you think I should wait and get my comp in November or Is it gonna be the same stuff at the same price.......

Also Since I am getting the PC version Of FFXI isn't it fine to pre-order it now.....

Since theres no change in what comes packaged with it and stuff.....

So Cap'n (AKA: Alpha) Do you think I should wait and get my comp in November or Is it gonna be the same stuff at the same price.......
    I wouldn't know. I dont keep up with anything computer related.

Also Since I am getting the PC version Of FFXI isn't it fine to pre-order it now.....
    Yea, I assume the PC version is secure enough by now to order online.

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

When FFXI was gonna come out in Q1 2003, I reserved it AT EB the actual store, not online. I keep the receipt in my wallet. That was december 2002, so it is fairly safe to say I'll get it on the first day... yup.

Oh, and welcome Nakor and Wind dragon!

Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've been playing SOCOM so much... if anyone has it I always play the US East server, and am in the clan Valiant ( the tag is -V- ) And am usually in games with our clan's name, or tag, or our old clans name or tag in it (X-Men, tag : -X- )

So yeah... now that that's settled... SOCOM 2 is coming out in Nov... YAY!!! And Alpha said he might get it! YAY!

Oh, and my beloved RoT3K VIII is coming out in *counts* 14 days!!! OMFG!!!! *dances a happy dance*

So yeah... I'm off to play more SOCOM now... cya later guyz
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Oh, and my beloved RoT3K VIII is coming out in *counts* 14 days!!! OMFG!!!! *dances a happy dance*
    After it got delayed for like a month.

Yeah... it was supposed to come out July 22nd... but now it's coming out on August 12th or 13th... or something like that... because of "translation issues"

You think the would've realized a JAPANESE game needs to be translated when brought to NORTH AMERICA

13 days!!!

Oh, and everyone get SOCOM 2! We can have a clan on that an own all... yup...

I'm one of the best players on SOCOM. In fact whenever I try out for a clan they let me in after a couple games, and I almost always get 10+ kills a game, which is great

I always thought of making my own clan... but running tryout rooms is not very fun at all... lol

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Taerdin
    You think the would've realized a JAPANESE game needs to be translated when brought to NORTH AMERICA
    Oh no, some of us are capable enough to play through RPGs untranslated, or at least use them as an excuse to allow them to be a learning tool for another language

Besides, I thought FFXI uses some icon things that don't depend on language to allow you to communicate with anyone without language barriers, or is this another MMORPG I'm thinking of?
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Originally posted by crono_logical
    Oh no, some of us are capable enough to play through RPGs untranslated, or at least use them as an excuse to allow them to be a learning tool for another language
    Well for one, RoT3K VIII is not an rpg, it is a strategy game. It is the most in depth strategy game and in fact it is quite possibly the best strategy game period. It would be very difficult for someone who has no idea how to read japanese to play. For instance, how could I tell if my peasants are content or rioting? That one little word makes a huge difference, and could screw me over in the long run. I don't think it would really help me learn japanese unless I also had an english copy of the game to reference... but if I had an english copy then I would never play my japanese one obviously.

Originally posted by crono_logical
    Besides, I thought FFXI uses some icon things that don't depend on language to allow you to communicate with anyone without language barriers, or is this another MMORPG I'm thinking of?
    It prolly does... cool eh?

On a side note, why would anyone in their right mind play an untranslated rpg? That spoils the one thing that makes rpgs so awesome... the STORY. How can you tell what's going on if you can't read the text? You can guess but you might be off on your guesses... yup...

FFXIV Character

OOC:
    Taerdin: On a side note, why would anyone in their right mind play an untranslated rpg? That spoils the one thing that makes rpgs so awesome... the STORY. How can you tell what's going on if you can't read the text? You can guess but you might be off on your guesses...
    Now theres somthing I compleatly agree with....

RPG'S are great because of the story.... Seeing who is dying and who is doing what but not Understanding would totally ruin the story.....

I like to be compleatly intranced in the story of an RPG because then everything else about the game seems better.....

So If I order FFXI on-line would I recive it like 2-6 weeks after the release date or do they ship it early so i get it on the release date.....

Basicly I want to know if I should reserve it on-line or In a local Store??.....

Also: Can You Guys Post your AIM Names here......I have been just leaving it signed on so that u guys would msg me with your Names....But it isn't going very well.
    Last edited by Nakor TheBlue Rider; 08-01-2003 at 11:15 AM.

I'm pretty sure that some might ship it somewhat earlier but not so early as it would get there before you could get it a local store and there is the possiblity of delays or just slow speed deliverys if you don't get it from the right place. Though I doubt that reserving it at a store would let you get it right away either because so many would probably have reserved it already. All in all I would recommend that you get it from a store since were talking about mmorpg here and you won't have much opritunity to leave between the after you get it and rehap . Though none of this matters for me because I know I'm not going to be able to get it until Chirstmas time unless I feel like being precistant but I'm not cause I'm a patient guy(though boredom is seeping in...). And besides if I didn't I wouldn't be able to leach off Doug .

(oh and whats up with the OOC thing I thought that stood for out of character...which it looks like it is in here.)
    "Celestial ground is found broken, Exposing a bottomless depth where heartless spawns await to devour the small piece of your soul that's left."Illogic

++===~Skillz~===++

(oh and whats up with the OOC thing I thought that stood for out of character...which it looks like it is in here.)
    I think it stands for "out of context", for when you're talking about somethin off topic.

And besides if I didn't I wouldn't be able to leach off Doug
    Hah

Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
    If I order FFXI on-line would I recive it like 2-6 weeks after the release date or do they ship it early so i get it on the release date.....

Basicly I want to know if I should reserve it on-line or In a local Store??.....
    If you know of a good reliable store, I would reserve it in the store. You may not get it the first day, but you'll prolly get it a little sooner, and stores themselves seem to be a little more reliable if you order in person.

Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
    Also: Can You Guys Post your AIM Names here......I have been just leaving it signed on so that u guys would msg me with your Names....But it isn't going very well.
    I don't have AIM... I only have msn messanger... you should get it, it's really great. I'm on whenever I'm at my computer... which isn't all that often nowadays... but it used to be all the time. I play SOCOM now is why... lol...

And lasty... everyone should leach of Doug...

He's so mean... *sniffle*
    Last edited by Tom Morello; 08-01-2003 at 08:02 PM.