Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tifa's Questionable Behavior - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Default Tifa's Questionable Behavior - CONTAINS SPOILERS

I bought FFVII a few months back, and I loathed Tifa from the moment she appeared on the screen. And recently I stumbled upon a scene that amused me greatly. I just wanted to see what the rest of you thought about this part of the game.

In the beach town, Costa del Sol (?), there is a room right beside the bar you can go into. Should you go into this room, you'll find a red-headed man sprawled-eagle on a bed. Talk to him, and he says "Mumble, mumble (Tifa, promise me you'll be happy)". Then, across from him, there's a dark-haired girl changing clothes in the bathroom!

I consider this proof that Tifa is a tramp.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

lol, I don't remember that part! I will have to play it again to see that... who did you have in your party to get that scene? I know you can get different scenes if you have different parties, like the one where you kick the ball to Red and he freaks out ;p
    Too big.

Barret and Tifa. I saved over that part, however, I'm pretty sure, or I would go back and change parties to see if it's really her.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I saw that scene Didn't make much of it myself though
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The man is actually Johnny I think, who you see in the slums. What I made of it that he actually had a crush on Tifa but didn't ask her out or start anything from this. I merely thought that this was Johnny wishing Tifa to be happy.

But meh, whatever floats your submarine.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Originally posted by Heath
    The man is actually Johnny I think, who you see in the slums. What I made of it that he actually had a crush on Tifa but didn't ask her out or start anything from this. I merely thought that this was Johnny wishing Tifa to be happy.

But meh, whatever floats your submarine.
    And Tifa's changing in his bathroom?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope. Johnny's wife is taking a bath.
    During Cloud's flashback, you can read a rather emotional letter written by Johnny to Tifa. It's on her desk. She won't be happy about cloud reading it, but oh well.

Johnny's parents were in Sector 7(SPOILER)... did they make it out before the collapse? Johnny didn't seem to distraught later. Perhaps that had something to do with his wife, who he apparently met at the less-than-reputable Honeybee Inn.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Bah I agree, Tifa's a skank ;p Cloud should use a life spell on Aris and ditch the drama queen lol
    Too big.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Damn, Big D beat me to it. Personally I though Aeris was the skankier of the two. Tifa may have had less clothes on but Aeris was the one hangin all over Cloud *shrugs* not tryin to get into a war over this though.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yeah Aeris always get portrayed as this sweet and pure girl just because she wore Holy in her hair and grew flowers.
    If yu just look at her relationship with Zack and Cloud, and her constant thinking of herself, the role picked her, she didn't pick it.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Aeris wasn't a skank. Jeez. I mean, I'm sure she wasn't as pure as erryone thought she was, but Tifa was a ho. Really. Aeiris was just one of those girls who wore her heart on her sleeve and REALLY liked Cloud.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Really, not to start an argument, but aside from her manner of dress, what did Tifa do that was particularily hoe-ish? I cant really think of anything... and I'm honestly trying. She was very shy about her feelings, very loyal, very strong. I really dont see anything slutty about her.

I'm not saying Aeris was a slut either, I'm simply saying that of the two, I think she was the worst. She was a bit cruel to Tifa, sort of flaunting the fact that Cloud might just like her over Tifa, whom she knew cared for Cloud. She was in love with Cloud mostly because he reminded her of her long-gone boyfriend Zack, and she was very... flirty. To put it nicely.

Hey, hey, hey! I can't really see the point in arguing about this. It's just a confrontaton made up by us because of the way square designed the characters, i didn't even think Tifa looked slutty in her clothers.

All right... *decides to explain self, and is sure there are spoilers abound below*

I know girls like Aeris and I know girls like Tifa.

The girls like Aeris, while they may be open about their feelings and competitive about their men, aren't really all that concerned over sex. Aeris above all wanted Cloud because he made her feel safe and because he reminded her of Zack. I would even go so far as to say that she loved Cloud, and that's a very strong pull in and of itself. Love makes people do stupid things.

The girls like Tifa. The popular girls. The girls all the boy swoon over. They're either nice and innocent, or they're... well, not so innocent. Recall that Tifa had quite a few boys over at her house all the time, when they were, what was it? 14? Come on now, you fellows out there know what life was like when you were 14. Now in my eyes she gave into the "pressure" if you will. That's why she reached out to Cloud that night on the well. He was the only one who hadn't treated her like a piece of meat. She wanted her knight in shining armor to save her. To save her from what? The promiscuous life she was leading. Adding to that are the simple concepts of wearing a short leather skirt into battle and having breasts that cannot possibly be natural, plus several lines she said that were rather... lewd.

Plus I might make one more point; observe how the girls react to the situation at Don Corneos. Aeris treats it like a game, but Tifa seems to have a very serious attitude, knowing about what goes on here, possibly firsthand.

Of course this is just heresay and conjecture and none of you really have to believe my opinion about the sexual habits of fictional characters, but dammit I felt they needed to be shared.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well see, most of those are hypothetical situation. And to note, for the most part all my friends were male growing up, and I am a 20 year old virgin and proud of it. Tifa doesnt seem to me like a person who could easily be friends with other girls. I myself have a problem befriending most girls, I just find most of them too concerned with things like make up and clothes and such. I like tougher girls, I like to be a tougher girl.

So we both made our points, and I think we both made them really well, eh? Even if yours was all hypothetical, nerdmo And by the way, with Tifa at the Don's, I think she was so serious because it was a very very important mission. Aeris is very... sort of sheltered I think, though she handles herself very well. She treats life as a game, where as Tifa is more serious, neither of them is wrong in that sense. Maybe Aeris just didnt know what went on in there, or maybe she just thought that was funny. Tifa may have known, but it's kind of common knowledge what goes on in places like that, ya know?

So can we just agree to disagree?