Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supernova: Limit or Summon? Potential Spoilers

Originally posted by Wightraven
    See, mate, but that's the irony though, isn't it? That if it IS a typo, and he's saying he's "prefected" the game, there's irony, right? As he typoed the... o nevermind.

And I do believe Jenova wasn't well and truly dead when you "killed" her that last time. She's rather difficult to do in as memory serves.
    He said he perfected FFVII, not his spelling.

Still, it is a pretty stupid thing to say!

For Supernova - I'm not gonna say which category it falls into. What I will say is that if he does use Jenova's illusionary power, this might explain his disappearing-reappearing act... perhaps his disappearance is only an illusion?

I don't know why he'd do that. But hell, I don't know why he'd re-appear/remain in an inferno either...

Then again, he always was one cabbage short of an allotment...

dammit. i got completely lost after the whole spelling debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

In my opinion, Supernova is a spell. All summons are otherwise characterised by unmissably being living creatures. The only limit break I can think of that is remotely similar to Supernova is Cloud's, Meteorain and even that is quite distant. All limit breaks seem to be identifiable in that they are 'self-resourced' if you will; they all seem to be created or executed from the immediate respective character, whereas Supernova is never within Sephiroth's striking range to begin with, as each limit break is. Also, it must be remembered that your party disappears when you cast Ultima, so that's supported by Sephiroth's action.

Doesn't Barret have a limit that rains meteors on the enemy?

I may be totally wrong here, but I'm not sure I can agree with the thing about limits being within their reach... clouds seem to be so, but I'm sure some of the others aren't...

Where Cid's missile strike or whateve would fall is arguably on either side of the fence!

cloud does. not sure bout barret, i never worried about his break limits. only his stats, since their so good, he has no need for limits, or cant use them for that matter

1. a nova is a star exploding, not gas

2. I dont think ANY of aeris' limits (exept first) come from her and especially her ultimate (yup, im THAT sad, i got it)

3. the whole "can't be a limit break coz it takes time not damage" thing. when you fight sephiroth in the end fmv clouds limit charges with time so why not sephiroth's?

4. and finally a prefect, typically used in schools, is like some one in an organisation, excluding staff, who has been given a greater authority because they can handle the responsibility eg. a student that has been put above the other pupils
    Last edited by one_winged_angel; 08-15-2003 at 10:56 PM.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Barrett's Satellite Beam is the one that comes from...well, not him. I forgot about that one. I've always been under the impression that it came from some airborne weapon of sorts. And I excluded Cid's Highwind 'cause that's essentially available to him at all times. If you get what I mean....
    Aeris' limit breaks are basically all magic, rather than physical. (Kinda hard to 'physically' heal yourself. )

I can't really put my finger on what it is using words, there's something about Supernova which puts it halfway between a limit break and a summon in my opinion.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by one_winged_angel
    1. a nova is a star exploding, not gas
    A SUPERnova is an exploding star. But that's beside the point, it's obvious that Sephiroth doens't really blow up the entire solar system every time he uses his special move; it's a magical-based attack with the illusory framework of a supernova.

In my FFII walk through they said that it was a summon.

FFII or FFVII? im hoping that was just a typo.

Default the answer

heres the answer, it IS materia, but farther than that, its one you can never have

remember the one materia he does get, need, and use...BLACK materia

and like other materia, dont you think it levels up too? i mean the first level summoned one meteor to attack one planet....dont you think it would get worse at level 2? of course it would! so the lvl 2 to the black materia is "summoning" a meteor to go to the sun and cause a supernova

on another note, it would be nice if it was an ESkill and you could use it on him, and be the one standing there with the exploding sun behind you intimidating him

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

kizuya, please don't revive dead threads, especially when they're almost 3 years old.

Also, don't double post either. Use the edit/delete button.