View Poll Results: FF game most likely to produce a successful sequel?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • FFVI

3 16.67%
  • FFVII

8 44.44%
  • FFVIII

4 22.22%
  • FFIX

1 5.56%
  • FFX

2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: FF game most likely to produce a successful sequel

Default FF game most likely to produce a successful sequel

Use your imagination here guys!! Which Final Fantasy could produce the most exciting sequel... one that might actually work?

Don't let Final Fantasy X-2 get in your way either... how would you have followed Final Fantasy X personally?

I think FFVII would be a good one becuase there are so many unanswered questions at the end... there are lots of glimpses of plots from the past but you never really get the full story... maybe an FFVII PREquel would work!!

Also, and FFVIII sequel would be great... preferably one involving Rinoa dying a very painful death.....

Kill Rinoa,Im all for it.Prequel to 7,Im all for it.9 wouldnt make a good sequel to me,and i havent finished 10.dont own 5....8 for me i suppose...

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I'd think FF7 would work best for a sequel. *votes*

When it come to FF8, however, I'm actually more interested in a prequel. I'm curious as to the original Sorceress War against Adel, and the lives of Edea and Cid, as well as those of Squall and Rinoa's parents. I also think there's some great spots for the parents of Zell, Quistis, Selphie, Irvine, and even Seifer who were supposedly killed in that war. Telling their stories would be cool.

Yeah, an FF8 prequel could be cool.... but so would an FFVII one!

Check out this page (warning: contains mega spoilers) for an interesting theory put forward about the whole sorceress/ff8/squall/rinoa situation... it's actually quite convincing....

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I don't think any FFs allow for good sequels. A lot of the fun about the endings is wondering what happened and discussing it, and sequels ruin that.

The prequel thing is a good point, though. Now that I think about it, FF6 would allow for a good prequel, like during the War of the Magi. For FFX, it'd be nice to have a prequel with Auron, Jecht and Braska if they didn't already go over everything important during the game.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

As much as I hate to say it, FFX would be the only FF to consider having a sequel to; unfortunately, Square Enix is really screwing it up out of what I've seen on FFX-2. It makes me wanna smack someone at Square Enix across the face with a dead chicken.

As far as prequels are concerned, FFX, FFVII, and FFVI are 'bout the only ones that'd have good prequels, since FFVIII's characters would only be younger than they already are, and not much happened before the beginning of FFIX. Perhaps if Square were to make a movie to be a prequel for FFX, that'd work best.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

FFVII is the game that needs a sequel. I would love to see Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth in the new CG movies with voices.
    Gameplay would probably be cool also for game.
    FFVIII, was such a good ending, it really doesn't need a ending. But it could have a prequel or game based on Squall/Rinoa's children?
    FFIX had best ending in series so it doesn't warranted a sequel.

FFX needed a sequel because ending sucked for game. I hope FFX-2 has good ending. I look forward to game but FFX-3 would be overkill.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

I think FFVIII should have a prequel but don't have it cased around Squall and the gang, but have it based around Laguna's crew. and the events that happend then. Ya Know?
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

I personally would love to see a Sequel to FFVII, since it is and always will be my favorite FF. It has great potential, but there is one detail that i think would cause problems. The sequel to FFVII would have to agree with Red XIII looking at Midgar with his grandchildren. I mean ultimately we know Midgar is the "promised land" so how would SquareEnix work that back into the Sequel's plot?

I think a sequel and a prequel for FF9 would be good. I prequel to FF6 about the war of the magi would also be pretty good. I would also like to see a sequel and prequel to 7. I don't think that 9 could have a sequel or prequel to it.
    Lets Biltz

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FF VIII sequel man. I want to see Zell going on an adventure seeking the best hotdogs in the world and reconcile his manly love for Seifer.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Not a sequel but we need a game where you play as Ward in the prison in FF8.

Most FF's are wrapped up pretty well I think though. 6 could have a sequel I think, just like FF10 they saved the world but there's A LOT to repair both literally with the towns and in terms of like governments and stuff. Also I'd like to see the middling ground between FF12 and FFT where this supposed apocolypse happens.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of the entries shown, I feel VIII is the only real option. The other entries (even the ones with actual sequels) wrapped up pretty well and don't need sequels. I feel prequels would work better for all of them.

VIII to me is the one that feels the most incomplete with it's world building and characters, so I feel a sequel could actually do wonders for it. I think I posted an idea I had for a sequel somewhere on the VIII forums that got some positive feedback.