Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >> FFIII finally on deck..

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In PAL regions, FFIV and V were released together as the Final Fantasy Anthology.

None of the Chrono series games have been given the same treatment here, though.

I don't think I worded my last post well. I meant to say that IV should have been released with III, and they just not have Chrono Trigger.

It will kick ass if it happens... but until they say something more concrete, I'm not holding my breath.

Let's see what happens... DCI Superfan's Avatar

[q=SpikingZero]Trust me, it's Final Fantasy; it's getting a North American release.[/q]

Just like the original versions of FF's 2,3, and 5... not to mention the so-called "International" versons of later games?

DCI Forever!!

Originally posted by DCI Superfan
    Just like the original versions of FF's 2,3, and 5... not to mention the so-called "International" versons of later games?
    DCI Forever!!
    Despite the fact that when FFI came over here, already FFI through III already have been released in Japan. Nintendo probably decided it would be easier if they just released IV, since it was upcoming other than going back to II and III; I have no clue.

Same with why V never made it here; I have no clue.

But Square (or Square Enix) handles Final Fantasy now, and not Nintendo. They're not idiots; they know which product makes the most money for them.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

Let's see what happens... DCI Superfan's Avatar

You kinda missed the point. I was stating that just because it's labeled "Final Fantasy" doesn't necessarily mean it's getting a North American release. If my examples you cited weren't enough, just look at the aptly named "International" versions.

DCI Forever!!

well considering the fact that they do way better here than in japan...it wouldnt be all that smart NOT to release it here
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

If the game is mass produced in Japan, distributing it an extremely large foreign nation a good ways away from your homeland carries some very high production costs. That's one reason why it would be NOT all that smart to release here.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Grin

>>> Anyway Im sure a foreign release isnt going to harm the pocket of a big-evil megacorporation like SquareEnix, they also have to think in their fans sometimes..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..