Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What do you wanna see in KH2?

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

-Worlds that require you more than 20 min to beat

-challenging enemies

-more interesting plot that actually advances smoothly

-Replayability

-a price tag that is fair (a game like KH... they should've paid me to take it... XD)

That's about it...
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Hi. I got an idea. KH2 should have a side quest where you can rescue the 102th Dalmatian, who'd then become your summon.
    Sounds cool. What would that puppy do as a summon? Would it be like Bambi (dropping items) or like Simba (fights)?

Or how about Sora lifting the Excalibur from the stone, or Arthur giving the Sword to Sora as an upgrade to his Keyblade? I think some manual said the same sword was also used in SD3, so that's a good excuse to add some of that game to KH2 as well. xD
    Yeah, that'd be fun. Perhaps pulling the sword out could be a minigame or something...

Okay, here's something I forgot to mention earlier:

Neverland: It's a shame that the actual Neverland wasn't shown - only the pirate ship. But, Sora and his friends could return to Neverland once more (although they already sealed it). It'd be fun to explore some areas of the real Neverland such as the Indian camp, the lagoon, the Skull Cave (not sure about the name, the dark place where Hook was in the movie anyway) and the home of the Lost Boys. That'd be nice.

Duckburg: This place could be similar to Traverse Town in KH (it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the Duckburg presented by Disney, it can be a variation of it). This place could have Scrooge McDuck, Beagle Boys, Phantom Blot, Black Pete and perhaps some other Disney characters (like inventor Gyro Gearloose). Sora could explore Scrooge's money bin and wander around the city.
    Last edited by Kossage; 09-02-2003 at 04:45 PM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Kossage
    Sounds cool. What would that puppy do as a summon? Would it be like Bambi (dropping items) or like Simba (fights)?
    I haven't seen the movie 102 Dalmatians, so I don't know what the 102th one would be like. The 100th pup could bite the enemies, do tricks to them (the puppies sure did lots of tricks to Cruella de Vil and her minions), use a scent to find hidden routes or treasure chests or something like that.

Yeah, that'd be fun. Perhaps pulling the sword out could be a minigame or something...
    I wasn't thinking of a mini-game for that. More like a cutscene. This could be a bit taken from SD3, but maybe have some Heartless enemy possess the sword and you'd have to fight the enemy with the evil sword to restore it. Another choice would be that you'd have to use the sword to defeat some Heartless creature. But for mini-games, I was thinking that the situations when your guys turn into fish, squirrels, sparrows etc would be good as mini-games. The fight against Mad Madame Mim could be made similar to the fights against Ursula and Oogie Boogie (even though I disliked those two fights), where you have to do some certain puzzles to weaken and defeat MMM.

Okay, here's something I forgot to mention earlier:

Neverland: It's a shame that the actual Neverland wasn't shown - only the pirate ship. But, Sora and his friends could return to Neverland once more (although they already (SPOILER)sealed it). It'd be fun to explore some areas of the real Neverland such as the Indian camp, the lagoon, the Skull Cave (not sure about the name, the dark place where Hook was in the movie anyway) and the home of the Lost Boys. That'd be nice.
    Right, but I hope it won't occur in Peter Pan II: Return to the Neverland's setting. I've heard the sequel sucked.

Duckburg: This place could be similar to Traverse Town in KH (it doesn't have to be exactly the same as the Duckburg presented by Disney, it can be a variation of it). This place could have Scrooge McDuck, Beagle Boys, Phantom Blot, Black Pete and perhaps some other Disney characters (like inventor Gyro Gearloose). Sora could explore Scrooge's money bin and wander around the city.
    I doubt it. Traverse Town isn't a Disney world, so I don't think Square would replace it with Duckburg. If Duckburg appeared, it would probably be a part of King Mickey's world. BTW Scrooge McDuck is annoying, IMHO. Just like President Shinra. And for the record, Square doesn't seem to like characters who are rich, greedy and lazy. So maybe they'll let us rob all of Scrooge McDuck's stuff or use a group like Zidane/Hawk/Locke/Robin Hood to completely mess that old greedy duck and give his money to all the poor people in the world.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

The Pumpkin King MateriaBladeVII's Avatar

First, I think that they should bring back some of the old worlds, but adding to them- making them larger and with more to do in each. I agree that they aren't even worlds in the first game- just towns. They need to be bigger to be actually classified as a world! They were too short and too easily beaten. I want them to be longer in KH2, more interesting, and more challenging. Here's which ones I think should be brought back:

Wonderland- this world was a BIG disappointment with its size- you never even actually had a tea party with the Mad Hatter and the Hare! There was no Caterpillar and no Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! (The graphics there were kinda lacking here, too. Did anyone notice how boxy the landscape was in this place compared to the others? It bothered me.)

Olympus Colliseum- this area just has to be brought back because the tournaments were just too darn fun! It's kind of an essential feature to the game also- and without it, it would be kinda dull.

Agrabah- this awesome world lacked something- maybe it could've used a little more shown within the palace and maybe s'more desert areas. Besides- it would be interesting to see how Aladdin fares once Jafar returns as a genie. We know it'll happen because a lamp just has to be found eventually.

Atlantica- this region also lacked something- maybe it also could've used a little more shown within this area's palace and maybe s'more ocean areas to explore and search for sunken treasure. Maybe this time Sora, Ariel, and the party could fight the Sharkanians (enemies of Atlantica) and this time be introduced to Prince Eric.

Halloween Town- OMG- I absolutely LOVED that world!!! It was so much fun! It's my absolute favorite in the game! And Jack Skellington totally kicked ass as a party member! Although, I have a few complaints about this world, too. It lacked most of the interesting townspeople from the movie- there's so many interesting characters in The Nightmare Before Christmas and they barely scraped the surface. What it could've used is the the door area where you could travel to different holiday towns- and then the party could visit Christmas Town! That would be soooo great! They could even put Jack in his Santa suit from the movie!

Neverland- could we actually go to Neverland this time? lol. All they showed was Captain Hook's pirate ship and London's skyline. I mean, that world is so interesting with so much to offer and they didn't even send the heroes there! They could meet Tigerlily and the Indians, the mermaids, the Lost Boys, and travel all around that interesting island...

Hundred Acre Wood- Pooh and crew are just the greatest! I thought this little mini-quest world was the greatest! Pooh is so cute and brought a real charm to lighten the mood to such a dark game. There's so many cute stories to go with these characters, there's bound to be other mini-games and activities to be done here.

Also, for new worlds I'd be happy with ones from any of the following:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (The Queen would make such a perfect main Disney villian...)
    Cinderella
    Fantasia (although it was already in the first one)
    The Sword and the Stone
    The Jungle Book
    Robin Hood
    The Black Cauldron
    The Lion King (I love the Scar battle idea)
    The Three Caballeros (I absolutely LOVE that idea! Although, I think that Panchito and José Carioca should just make an appearance- they don't really require a world...)
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit (what could be better for a joint project game than including a joint project movie in it? This way the other cartoon characters like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck could be brought into the mix somehow... OMG- it could be King Bugs and Daffy could be another Black Mage! Dude- it would be so awesome to see Donald and Daffy duke it out with magic like Firaga and Ultima!)

Some Final Fantasy worlds would be nice this time, too. Like one for Final Fantasy VII (Midgar) or Final Fantasy X (Zanarkand) maybe?

I also want to emphasize how I want Riku and Kairi to be shown more- and maybe even making them playable characters/party members.

Cloud, Aerith, Leon, Yuffie, Cid, and the Moogles should all be brought back. They said that maybe someday they'd meet again, didn't they? And I'm hoping we see some characters from FFIX this time... They maybe could also put in characters from other Square games like Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

I fully agree with the New Game Plus idea. It would be cool to do that just like you can in Chrono Cross.

Lastly, I REALLY wanna emphasize that they should bring the same voice actors back. If Haley Joel Osment, Hayden Panettiere and David Gallagher don't come back to do Sora, Kairi, and Riku's voiceovers I will be REALLY pissed. I'm praying they don't age Sora, Kairi, and Riku like I've heard and keep them their youthful selves. I don't like the idea and in order for the original KH feel to be preserved the heroes need to remain the young, happy-go-lucky characters that they were in the last one. I don't mind them aging like a year, but any further aging and it'll just lose most of its appeal.

EDIT: I also think the gummi ship feature should be improved- if they're gonna keep it. I couldn't create half the things I wanted and it got kinda annoying after awhile.

New spells should be introduced and more Keyblades, rods, and sheilds!
    Last edited by MateriaBladeVII; 09-03-2003 at 11:28 PM.
    Member of the KH Trinity
    Wielder of the Pumpkinhead | Member of the KH Trinity | A Boy From Krypton
    ShyGuy Flamer

More Squaresoft orriented. Or to be current, Square-Enix. Throw in some enix worlds and characters as well. And not just travel to Disney worlds, but Enix and FF worlds!! And of course another huge major FF Boss! (Kuja? Anyone?)
    **insert catchy sig**

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    Right, but I hope it won't occur in Peter Pan II: Return to the Neverland's setting. I've heard the sequel sucked.
    Well, the sequel wasn't so bad, IMHO. But I hope that Square doesn't use any Disney sequel settings in the KH sequel. Most of the Disney sequels weren't as good as the original ones. I consider most of them rip-offs.

I doubt it. Traverse Town isn't a Disney world, so I don't think Square would replace it with Duckburg. If Duckburg appeared, it would probably be a part of King Mickey's world.
    It could be part of King Mickey's world too, true. I just hope that we'd see more sidekicks from the cartoons (like I explained in my previous text).

BTW Scrooge McDuck is annoying, IMHO. Just like President Shinra. And for the record, Square doesn't seem to like characters who are rich, greedy and lazy.
    Yes, $crooge is annoying at times (always kicks poor Donald around) but when you get to know him better you'll notice that he isn't so cold-hearted as he seems to be. He had, for instance, a crush for a girl named Glittering Goldie when he was in Klondyke. Unfortunately money became more important for Scrooge but he still yearns for Goldie although he never admits it to anyone.

Scrooge isn't lazy at all although he may seem like it sometimes. He works hard to gain more wealth and always explores unknown places for hidden treasures. He wasn't lazy either in his younger days (helped his family by working when he was 9 years old, worked in mines, was a cowboy, helped Duckburg grow from a village to a city and many other things) when he had influence on many historical characters. He has a tragic past which might explain why he's so harsh on people.

But, Scrooge is perhaps the third of the top-ten list of Disney characters (first one is Mickey and the second one is Donald) so he should be included in KH2 if possible.

So maybe they'll let us rob all of Scrooge McDuck's stuff or use a group like Zidane/Hawk/Locke/Robin Hood to completely mess that old greedy duck and give his money to all the poor people in the world.
    It'd be quite cool if the Heartless tried to persuade Scrooge to join them (for example promising to give him more wealth or something) and then the heroes had to rob some Heartless amulet/relic from the well-guarded money bin to save Scrooge from turning to the dark side. But, we shall see...

Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
    And not just travel to Disney worlds, but Enix and FF worlds!! And of course another huge major FF Boss! (Kuja? Anyone?)
    Yes, definitely FF worlds to be explored. And more FF villains and heroes/heroines, oh yeah, baby!
    Last edited by Kossage; 09-09-2003 at 09:27 PM.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Wow- somebody's really into DuckTales. lol. :laughing:

To tell you guys the truth, I have no clue what they should do for KH2- there's just too much they can do with it.

I think you should ask Moogle Man about this- I think his friend's Dad works for Square. Though- he hasn't been on lately...
    Member of the KH Trinity
    ShyGuy Flamer

Actually I took that information from a comic story named Back to Klondyke by Carl Barks (he created Scrooge, Gyro Gearloose, Gladstone Gander, Beagle Boys etc). The story showed us the first time what young Scrooge looked like and told about his adventures in the old days. DuckTales took many of its stories from Mr. Barks's duck adventures (like Back to Klondyke) but later on started to make its own adventures. But yeah, I liked DuckTales.

Anyway, it's quite interesting to see what'll become of KH2. Which characters and worlds are involved and which are left out? Hopefully KH2 will be as good as KH was. But, time will tell.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that it'd be great if Gladstone Gander (Donald's cousin) and Donald would have some kind of duel (like (SPOILER)Cloud vs. Sephiroth in KH Final Mix).

And yes, I agree that Panchito and José Carioca don't require a world to make an appearance. I just put the movie title there just in case.
    Last edited by Kossage; 09-10-2003 at 09:37 PM.

Midgar! I'd love to see any of the FF worlds, but either Midgar or Memoria the best! I'd also like to see a deal more of the FF characters as playable members of your party (but then again any would be an improvement...).

I would be happy to see ANYTHING but a return of the Hundred Acre Wood... that place was nearly the death of me
    I thought that I was going to turn into a homicidal maniac after I finished the hundred-acre woods.

I'd also like to see alot more of Sephiroth and mabye, just maybe even see everyone else play a larger part.

Umm... Kingdom Hearts! I'd like to see more of Kingdom Hearts!

Hpefully, they'll also put in more different Heartless.

lessee, It'd be neat if the storyline was darker, too. I like dark, sadistical things...

I guess that's all for now. :thumb

Definitely have Stitch as a summon. That would be really cool.

I heard (back before KH2 was confirmed) that Pixar worlds might be in KH2, and that would be awesome. Flick!

Maybe Brother Bear, that would be cool. I think you could get the (main) bear on your team, or at least have a run in with both moose. That would be cool.

And one last, ultimate thing. This would make the game perfect:

Kim Possible! Okay, never mind...
    Elionai Eli Adullam

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

YES! Stitch would kick arse all over the place! lol but now that the trailer is out, I wonder what they decided and what is Twilight Town??
    Too big.

Originally posted by Tom Morello
    -a price tag that is fair (a game like KH... they should've paid me to take it... XD)
    die.

Hmm... yes, I do wonder. I know that the creator said in an interview at the time that, if Disney "let them" make a sequel, that he would really like to include Pixar. So, I'm assuming, that was a hint. Let's hope so...
    Elionai Eli Adullam

Originally posted by SuperPac
    Maybe Brother Bear, that would be cool. I think you could get the (main) bear on your team, or at least have a run in with both moose. That would be cool.
    You've been added to my list of people who should die =D

But seriously though. That movie isn't even out yet, it doesn't look good, and the world would just be your average large forest.

Amen to that. Brother Bear looks vaguely interesting but it's definitely not KH-worthy. Stitch would make an okay summon. Not as good as Genie, Tinker Bell, or Mushu- mind you, but an okay one.

Maybe Twilight Town is just Traverse Town mistranslated? I dunno.
    Member of the KH Trinity
    ShyGuy Flamer