View Poll Results: Which card game is better?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Triple Triad

26 74.29%
  • Tetra Master

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which card game is better?

Smile Which card game is better?

I just wanted to see what you guys think. My favorite out of the two would have to be Triple Triad (no offense to any of you Tetra Master fans ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I preferred Triple Triad myself

And multiple FFs > General FF Forum
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Where's the "Go Fish" option?

Ah well, I guess I'll go with Tetra Master(I think, whichever is in FFIX, I can never remember).
    Figaro Castle

Tetra Master was easier to play and I kicked butt in FFIX with it. But Triple Triad in FF8 was more realistic card game and fun too. I like Triple Triad better although I suck in that game. If you are having fun who cares if you stink.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

Tetra Master. I actually know how to play it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I hated Tetra Master. It just didnt make any sense to me and I didnt play the game long enoygh to actually learn it. Triple Triad was awesome, I spent so many hours playing it.. *le sigh*

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I found Triple Triad the easier game to play, and therefore, more enjoyable.

I definitely thing Triple Triad is the better game. I really liked that.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Triple Triad is at least plausible in real life. With Tetra Master, there are those numbers and letters which are so complex that very few people in FFIX's world even know what they mean. Yet, they still somehow manage to play. That's simply not possible. Imagine playing poker without knowing the value of each card...

"Well, I've got some cards with faces and some with numbers... they're all the same suit and..."

*opponent's cards change colour*

"YES!"

Triple Triad wipes the floor with tetra Master... much less confusing, hence much less guesswork!!

I enjoyed Triple Triad so much I made a set of my own..... then discovered you can play online or buy on ebay

Tetra Master waseasier to understand I didn't know how to even play Triple Triad until Tetra Master. Triple Triad also has all those stupid rules. It wasn't until I realized thearrows inTetra Master and numbers in Triple Triad serve the same purpose. Therefore in Tetra it is advantageous to play with cards with more arrows. In Triad cards with higher numbers. Tetra made me realize they are just variations of each other.

Personally, I liked Tetra Master better. Maybe becasue I never really got into Triple Triad, or FF8 for that matter, really too much. I rocked, and probably still do, at Tetra Master.
    Cheap lying no good rotten floor flushing lowlife snake licking
    dirty eating inbred overstuffed ignorant blood (knock over chair) sucking
    dog kissing brainless f**kless hopeless heartless fata** bugeyed
    stiff legged spotty livered worm headed sack of monkey sh*t he is!
    Halleluiah!
    Holy Sh*t!
    Where's the Tylenol?

¤ misery is a butterfly ¤ Aya Nekoneko's Avatar

Yknow I've had FFVIII for a few years and still I can't figure out how to play that blasted Triple Triad. I gave up a loooong time ago.

Tetra Master on the other hand is less tedious... and more fun. Well, that could be because I never really understood the later.
    will you shed no tears for broken me?

Like I mentioned earlier it also took me a while to figure out Triple Triad but it and Tetra Master are basically the same thing except Tetra is easier to figure out in the beginning since I got it by my second game. In Triad the strongest numbers facing each other win, while in Tetra its the arrows that point on the side. So simply in Triad all you need is a card with high numbers to face a card with a lower number on the two sides that connect. In Tetra get a card to face another card with one of your arrows facing toward an opponets empty space. That should make it easier to understand.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Tetra is easy to understand... but the rules arent set. Like the way the cards will suddenly switch, even if you have the arrow going towards a blank spot. The way it works just doesnt make sense, I never figured out what made more than one card at a time turn, etc.