Thread: ...Fuggin' Hell!!

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Angry ...Fuggin' Hell!!

Alright, there're these friggin' retarded ads that keep popping up in message boxes (No, not IM messages, but the boxes with the OK button.) that tell you to get www.endads.com or some crap like that. I believe it has something to do with Windows Messenger, but I'm not entirely sure. Is there a way to get those stupid ads to go away (Without getting their crappy service, anyways.)?
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are two ways.
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showt...threadid=35415 should list both. The firewall one isn't really correct, but if you choose to use that one, I'll get what you need to block.

And then there is Death

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Bah, that's what I get for not looking around in here enough. Thanks.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

If you mean messenger ads, there's a neat program which disables the messenger service (NOT related to MSN Messenger) so nobody can perform net-sends on you and bombard you with trash.

The program is available through msn.com and is called "Stop Messenger Spam". I have it, it works

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's called bloatware, since you can easily disable it yourself in the control panel if you bothered to look
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Quite true, but it's missions to find if you're not aware of what you're looking for, and it's even more hassle to have to keep doing it every time you boot up

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

run> msconfig> services> uncheck messenger is a permanent disabling.

And then there is Death

Originally posted by Master Vivi
    run> msconfig> services> uncheck messenger is a permanent disabling.
    Interesting... it certainly wasn't permanent for me! Or I wouldn't have dl'd the bloody program... oh well, it works, I'm happy.

Own (verb) - To subject an opponent to a particularly effortless or humiliating defeat (see also: Owned, Ownage, Pwned)

1337 (adj) - 1. To be "elite"; to show great skill. Pronounced "leet". 2. A cypher used by hackers consisting of numbers and ASCII symbols replacing letters.