Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy VIII FAQ Thread + Guardian Forces

Articles

I forgot all about updating this thing.

Plus my host got rid of my space today without notification, and all the images are down, so I'll just have to update it now.

I really want Mog...Wish I had a Pocket Ps....

(How many of you actually bother getting Tonberry... Im really lazy levelling up and Ive only ever bothered to get tonberry once. whenever I play it now I only go to the centra ruins for Odin. Also does Gilgamesh always c*** up the Adel battle if you arent quick enough.....?)

You can draw Bahamut from Tiamat in the palace/castle at the end of disc4. The same applies for Eden from any of the bosses that you must kill to get your abilities back. Try to get it before you reach the red giant, he's strong

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Malice
    You can draw Bahamut from Tiamat in the palace/castle at the end of disc4. The same applies for Eden from any of the bosses that you must kill to get your abilities back. Try to get it before you reach the red giant, he's strong
    No, you can't. You can draw Eden from Tiamat, not Bahamut. What's more, which GFs you can draw from which boss is already in the FAQ in the "If you missed it" section under each specific GF. So, not only was this point inaccurate, but there was no reason for it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

i would much rather draw it from ultima weapon considering thats too late in the game to be leveling up gf's

Really impressive listing *applauds*

Question about the Phoenix Pinion: It was stated that if you use the Phoenix Pinion, its less likely for it to help you without being called upon. Does that work vice versa? I just wanted to know if there was a way for it to revive you more often instead of getting a game over.

Articles

If you're referencing this line:

In addition, after you summon Phoenix for the first time, there's a small chance that when your party is KO'ed during battle, Phoenix will revive you.
    then no need to fear. If you've never used a Phoenix Pinion, the Phoenix GF will not show up to help you, ever. So when I say "a small chance," I mean there's a chance she'll show up, rather than there being absolutely no chance. By using just one, Phoenix may show up when your party is KO'ed, otherwise, she never will.

My big bro played the game with and All items cheat so he could get Chicobo, mog and moomba, i played his save file but its boring with the cheats on...

Phoenix has only worked for me ONCE. druing an attempt at the Adel Battle. That was actually the first time I managed to beat her so PHOENIX SAVED MY BACON!!!

I feel so picky saying this because it's a great GF walkthrough but Cactuar has up to 600,000 life not 60,000. Great Walkthrough! Good amount of detail in it.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

Default ok..

thats ALOT of gf''s to get its gonna take me a very long time to get all 20 somthin gf's >< man its gonna take me days to get them!!!!!!!!! stupid stupid stupid i shoulda came on here early'er and asked but its too late now well im off to go and get most of them ><

Before you kill odin you might want to draw 100 triples from him to junction to speed since its the best to junction to it. You'll need at least 10 minutes though left during the battle and a good mag stat(60+) To get more than 10 minutes junction enc-none from diablos when opening odins throne room door so you dont encounter any monsters.

to have ur gfs good, go to the cactuar island to get good AP to learn boost then once u did just hold select and press square a whole bunch of times when the X is not present.... works like a charm

For ruby dragons before Bahamut, just equip initiative and then use lvl down from tonberry king. Then breath should only do 1000 damage to all. Keep lvl them down and the battles easy.

Ultima weapon is really easy. Just get Aura from islands closest to heaven and hell (with enc none) and use it on Squall. Lion heart after a few tries should come up, killing it in one go.

For malboros get Quistis on really low health with degenerator + initiative and kill it before it uses bad breath.

For Odin, 1st time you should work out what you have to do to get to him. 2nd time arrive really quickly, get his health low with aid of scan and then draw triple like crazy, before killing him in time.

And in the disk 3 spoiler Seifer fight take time to draw Aura and mug a holy war.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Devil
    to have ur gfs good, go to the cactuar island to get good AP to learn boost then once u did just hold select and press square a whole bunch of times when the X is not present.... works like a charm
    also having a turbo controller helps a heap, but you have to have precise timing so as to not loose any of the boost that you have acquired.

(good job on the walkthrough )
    "My freinds,You are my strength,I will never betray you,Never leave you.."
    "Those that look for power leave pain in their wake"
    Courtney. My angel. My love. My heart beats for you always
    Final Fantasy Fan Fic