Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy VIII FAQ Thread + Guardian Forces

Moomba About the odin gilgamesh thing:

When i was in Galbadia Garden i noticed that the only time odin came out was when i got into a fight with a death claw. Just something to think about.

I discovered that what Minimog does. I had no idea, until more fairly recently. It heals all your charcters..But, i had to search all over the internet to find it. So, for anybody who was curious, thats what it does....thats not common knowledge is it? lol.

Actually it is possible to obtain minimog and moomba without a pocketstation, although its not really a "fair" way to do it. Using an action replay I debugged the game, the data for moomba and minimog is still on the CD, you just cant usually find the necessary item. Well, try adding every single item to your inventory. Hello minimog, hello moomba. Not very powerful due to a distinct lack of chocobo-world. Still, nice to see them at least. I'll dig out my memory card and find out what the items were called later.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Quote Originally Posted by Sepho
    stuff from the first page
    six been good (even if I know that you have taken him from another site) ahahaha

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do what now?

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    comment on the diablo boss strategy part:

instead of drawing and casting demi from diablos right away, i think u should draw it and stock it, then on the next turn use the demi on him. for some reason, after u do that, he casts curaga on the caster. at least i'm pretty sure that was the case. maybe if u somehow have ur own demi's those will have the same effect but i did that a lot and i didn't even need to use limit breaks. after using demi enough times, i just boosted up my shiva and quezacotl and it was easy enough.just something u might wanna try ^^
    of the verita one you have taken it from a French forum. (they more
    give linck the not memory to me)

i know i noticed that too. isnt that just weird

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like to add that you can also get a Phoenix Pinion by refining three Mega Phoenixes with...what was it...?
    I think it was Medicine Level Up or Forbidden Medicine refining abilities.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 06-21-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I'd like to add that you can also get a Phoenix Pinion by refining three Mega Phoenixes with...what was it...?
    I think it was Medicine Level Up or Forbidden Medicine refining abilities.
    Tool Refine.

When killing the Tonberries, do you have to kill them all in a row without leaving the ruins? I wanna do it without getting Odin, so I can get him on Disc 4 instead because Gilgamesh sucks ass.

Protip: MiniMog is a worthless piece of crap who does nothing but heal your GF. Seeing as summoning becomes unnecessary as you become stronger yourself, by the time you have this ability you'll never need it. Oh yeah, it costs Gil to summon: Your party's average level x100. So if you're all level 100, MiniMog costs 10,000 Gil to summon. Not worth it for the same effect as using a Pet House in battle.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

GFs are all easy to get after you got once.
    Phoenix/Cerberus are very usefull. Eden if maxed.
    Defend is powerfull.
    You won't need Odin in disc 4, unless you're not lvl 100, if you are, you'll just place no-encounters and just challenge the bosses and finish off Ultimecia.

Eden can hit extremely hard hes just like bahamut on steroids... and in the shape of a garden..And where it takes so long to summon him..if you dont have turbo...250 easy on the boost.

I personally like Bahamut as my favorite summon though...
    Just yesterday I was bored so I beat ultamecia with just attacks

I think the max damage Eden can deal is 60,000. My favorite GF is Leviathan!

I read somewhere that Eden could possibly be Balamb Garden from the future, what do you think?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't think there's any canonical explanation of what Eden is exactly. I suggested a long time ago that she (the gender is pretty clear) is an organic garden of some sort, but the time travel part isn't necessary.

GF backstories would be pretty neat though.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

A hint for those of you who like to be very over powered early on in the game: get your 3 characters up to level 30 and you can draw both Holy and Flare from Diablos.