Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is just stupid!

Default This is just stupid!

Word in the FFXII forum is that the VIII haters have gone quiet lately, can't let that happen -

This promising game gets so poor after the first couple of hours. That orphan plot twist? Wtf was that? Someone tell me why that didn't suck.

Triple Triad rules.

Discuss.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It sucks from literally like, the three minute mark (the opening FMV is bad ass).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Three minutes in you get to play Triple Triad though. Then after you're done with that (two hours later) it gets so poor. So so poor.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Colbert

Both of you crackers need to stop trippin' balls. This is one of my favorite games in the series. LOVE Triple Triad.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Both of you crackers need to stop trippin' balls. This is one of my favorite games in the series. LOVE Triple Triad.
    Dude, I thought we were starting to form a friendship!

I'll have to rethink things now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

___ game is awful because ___. I ___ the ___ __ in the ___ and I hate the ___ that the ___ does halfway through the ___ and when the ___ ____ ____ that is just ____ and I ___ ____ ____ ____ and some more ___ why the ___ did that happen?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think this is an excellent game. I understand completely why people aren't taken with it. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's still one of the stronger entries in the series.

Triple Triad is proper addictive.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VIII is pretty awesome. Triple Triad is great, the dungeons/scenarios are superb, and the Junctioning system is fun to play around with. And the soundtrack is second to no other game in the series. And it has Doomtrain.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love it! The characters are mostly interesting, I really love the love story, the world is absolutely beautiful and one of the more memorable in the series (to me anyway), the story was engaging, the game was easy and fun to play

Did it have its faults? Yes. But what game doesn't, really

Some people don't like it, but I am personally a huge fan

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess the haters decided that their repetitive caterwauling got even too old for their own ears!

FF8 has Quistis Trepe, the Renzokuken and trains.

Haters be hatin with extra hate today

Aww yiish I love the weight of the hate on me :3

Now to be honest, FFVIII was my either first or second FF (I was really young okay?! I seriously don't know which came first). And while I am not really put of by the game, I do not exactly like it. Actually it is somewhere at the bottom of my best FF titles.

I do agree that Triple Triad rules, junction system isn't all that bad and the story isn't TOO crazy for FF standards but I can not help myself. FFVIII graphics are the worst for me compared to all others, TT does get boring after few (tens) hours in and the story isn't exactly that awesome and original compared to earlier titles IMO.

While I still do like the game, it is definitely the least favourite FF game of the PSX era fr me and I doubt that's going to ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    TT
    What is this?

Final Fantasy VIII is unique among the franchise in that, even though I've always loved it, I actually gain admiration for it every time I play it. I used to think VIII vs. IX was a toss-up; now I think VIII is lightyears beyond IX. There's so much creativity and innovation and uniqueness to this entry, the soundtrack is great, the feel​ is great.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This is a game that I liked when it was new, grew to dislike it for awhile, and now to me it is a decent FF. A lot of the problems that people have with this game can be found across all FFs of this type (SNES,PS1 titles).

The orphanage plot twist doesn't bother me because it happened, but how poorly it was handled. They could have totally made that work if only they hinted at it better. I know there is an offhand mention of the GF memory problem in the desktop at the Garden (if I am remembering that wrong, it's something like that...I GUESS THE GFS MADE ME FORGET), but they should have incorporated that element into the story a bit more, but keep it subtle do you don't give away the twist. Show a student with memory problems. Have a NPC that obviously uses GF forget a couple of minor, but important details of their past. If it was built up like that then that whole scene could have been so much better and believable within the game's world.