Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something I Just Thought Of. *spoilers*

Articles

Default Something I Just Thought Of. *spoilers*

Perhaps I just overlooked it, but I thought of something when I played through the game for the umpteenth time yesterday. . .

After the Esper World finds its way into the sky, what happens to Banon and Arvis? I mean, they're both in Vector when the city gets razed and you have the banquet with Gestahl, right? Then, your crew gets tricked, but they're able to escape Vector in time. But, after you leave Thamasa and the Floating Continent appears, the two of 'em are nowhere to be found.

I went back to Vector and no one was there. I went to the Returner's hideout, and they weren't there, either. Then I went to Narshe and checked Arvis's house and the elder's house and didn't have any luck with those.

When you think about it, as two important leaders of the main resistance force, it would be nice to know what happened to 'em, right? Of course, I could've just looked past something, but it would be nice if someone knew.

Banon's a stupid >nincompoop<.

I'd have been able to beat Ultros a lot easier if his Tentacle attack didn't kill Banon in one hit.

Arvis is cool though, I hope that he didn't die a horrible and painful death.

Edit by Big D: Watch your language.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, it's really lame how they just kinda vanish like that. And you never hear about them again. The only time you do is if you happen to go into the Returner's Hideout after the island goes up into the sky. One of the guys in there will ask you "How is Banon" (or somthing). I've always said "I don't know, YOU TELL ME" outloud cause I'm a dork.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

No worries, then, Gau. I too am a dork.

Simple. Reasons may be: they got killed when the continent shifted, or they didn't make it when Edgar and the rest escaped, or either of them is Gogo :P

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They are gone BEFORE all the continents shift, though. Unless they both died of heartattack when the Island went into the sky, they just vanished. And obviously they were not as important as Edgar and Locke made them out to be, since they never mention them ever again.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Which is weird, because the game even bothers to point out the fate (well, kind of) of the little girl who frequented the Cafe in South Figaro. What nerds.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Another question on the topic of Banon and Arvis(I really need to go back and play the game), did they ride down with the team on the airship from Narshe to the dinner with the Emperor? If not, how did they get there?
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Maybe the Emperor allowed them to travel by boats? Most boats wouldnt go there, of course, because of the way the Empire's attacks on the sea-travel... the Emperor could have easily ordered a boat, but it never says it in the game, of course.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well, as they were so interested in the espers and the esper's freedoms and such, maybe they're closet espers and they flew there...da-da-dum!!
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    Which is weird, because the game even bothers to point out the fate (well, kind of) of the little girl who frequented the Cafe in South Figaro. What nerds.
    Yeah, and they pointed out what happened to everyone in Mobliz after the chaos and destruction stuff. How lame!

And.. OMG Ashley are you trying to stop me from browsing the forums at work? Your signature is scary.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Gau
    Yeah, and they pointed out what happened to everyone in Mobliz after the chaos and destruction stuff. How lame!

And.. OMG Ashley are you trying to stop me from browsing the forums at work? Your signature is scary.
    The guys who made VI should have remembered 'when in doubt of who to show extended details on... go with the characters who actually have names and more than one line'.

And yes I am. It may be scary, but I made sure it was work safe. It's just... disturbing.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    And yes I am. It may be scary, but I made sure it was work safe. It's just... disturbing.
    It scared the girl who sits behind me. *turns off sigs for now* ;_;
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Gau
    It scared the girl who sits behind me. *turns off sigs for now* ;_;
    You are the biggest weenie EVER! What's she doin lookin over your shoulder anyway!? Gah!

I always assumed that either Kefka or the Emperor killed them at the same time they backstabbed the Returners in Thamasa. It seems like something they'd do.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)