Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: Why is this hated?

Too much chatter.

I've stated my opinion.

:shoot:

I loved IX I found it much more fun and rewarding than any other in the series VII is up there but IX still wins

b4 i voice my opinion let me just say each ff forum seems to manage to have one thread about "this game doesn't suck so stop saying so, i don't understand". hell, i made one about ffx. it's cald "why do u hate this so". go check it out. ok, enuf advertising, lol.

ffix was my first ff, n i beat it without a walkthrough or nething. i didn't know about side quests/suber (super+uber=suber, lol) bosses. the thing that got me was, it was 2 long. i love ffix, but it was sort of, lets go play mini games the entire first disk. DON"T FLAME ME. i thought it was great how the plot went from "kidnap the princess even though nothing's really wrong with nething, just her mom's actin funny" to "(SPOILER)terra is a giant planet eating...uh...planet, that takes over the lifestream of each planet and forces its' own, n if it continues it'l destroy the universe....blah blah blah... " i loved that. everything had a driving force behind it. also, the music was awesome, and at the time it was graphically invincible. but, i never really played ff b4, so i cudn't appreciate all the allusions it had to other ff's...

but the ending didn't make sense to me. i luved the ending, but i thought (SPOILER)terra was going to assimilate gaia. wouldn't tht be a better ending than, "(SPOILER)let's get married/be together finally" iuno. it always bugged me not knowing what happend 2 (SPOILER)the assimilation....ne1 care to explain?maybe il start my own thread...

but gameplay wise it's a lil tiresome. do this minigame. blah. but it was still entertaining. ZORN AND THORN PRIDE WOOP WOOP. lol

overall, i luvd this game, but it's not one of the better ones (vi, vii, x, and what's giong to be xii) DON"T FLAME ME saying "how cud u say x was better?" well, that list is according to ME. blah, i type a lot.
    thanks to Kamiko for the awesome sig and avatar too
    Myspace

ffIX is the flaming homosexual basterdized son of the final fantasy series and it should be treated as such--a "return to oldschool" was simply a rehashment of the supermario save the princess plot line--and teh overall sequence of the story was uninteresting at best--square could have done a lot better with this one--but hey--everyone makes mistakes

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

wow, u have strong opinions on ffIX Mr. Rothgar :rolleyes2 .

personally, i think ffIX is a beautiful game. then again i rank ffI,IV,V,VIII,IX and X all equally.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Personally I didn't think the game lacked anything. Sure, it's been done better, but this was a great installment. Four stars ****

Perhaps the worst thing about it was the summons, I just didn't find them very useful. But it wasn't as bad as FFVI summons and that was the greatest video game ever made. At least the two summoners had whit magic to make up for it, that being my favorite ability .

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum