Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this hated?

a good game

PS.i just beat it today

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

Originally posted by Legolas63

CUSTOMIZABLE

That wasn't customizable, that was choice of when you were going to learn something.
    "Right. Should I learn this attack or this ability first. Oh wait, I'll just hang in this area for bit, and learn them both. Solved problem!"
    You didn't lose sleep over it, thats for sure.
    Hate to break it to ya, but in FF7, you didnt even HAVE to learn skills. You just equip it. HOw stupid is that?
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah, I did no that, but You've missed mentioning that if you didn't equip it, then you wouldn't have learned skills. Equip Fire, and then LEARN Fire2 or sumthing

My point is.....WHY DID SQUARE GO BACK TO THAT PERIOD OF EQUIPING AND LEARNING?

(FFVII was centered on the Materia system, and that's why you just equiped them with weapons. They wern't the centre focus)

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

You just said it yourself. YOu equip fire, you learn fire2. YOu have to learn those moves to continue. Its the same in ff9. the only difference is that ff7 uses materia and ff9 uses clothes.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

[QUOTE]Its the same in ff9. the only difference is that ff7 uses materia and ff9 uses clothes[QUOTE]

Yep, except (If you read my opening reply) FFVII was (Or should) have been the final of those games. It was the pinacle of EQUIPING & LEARNING. The style had nowhere to go.

For example.....If Metal Gear went back to 2D, would you be happy? Nope. And that's what I've been getting at. It's not that it's medievil (Which I like) or that Zidane has a tail (Which, is kinda quirky cool) It's that it's step backwards in the learning skills dept. Each FF has added sumthing to it.....

FFV-Job System, equiping crystals gave you jobs. collect AP and learn skills in that Job

FFVI-Equip Espers, get AP, learn Magic. Everyone has individual skills. (Except Gogo)

FFVII-Equip weapons (which have slots) and then place Materia in those slots. Get AP, learn new magic. Different weapons have different learning rates, combining some materia can cause hunderends of differeing combos (Like combining KOTR with HP absorb so every time you smack sumthing with it, you get loads of HP)

FFVIII-Equip GFs, and equip Magic spells to slots made by the GFs, which make you stronger. GFs can learn new skills, that benifit you, by learning AP. unprrelled number of set-ups

FFX-Go round a grid, learning EXP which gives you moves,around the grid. This grid has spheres which contain skills. Collecting differing spheres, allow you to open these spheres, and let you learn moves and skills.

and for my "favourite" FF

FFIX-Learn skills from equiped equipment by learningAP

FFIX is a step-back. A step-back should be a final conclusion of it all. The pinacle. But it isn't, FFVII is IMO.
    FFIX isn't deep enough.

Oh and the story isn't enough to push you forward. Only near the end, does it get good (I must say, it is really good!) To players of SNES FFs, it''s gaming nostaligia. A look to the good old days.

But did they need to have alook. Surely, they were good enough back then to stand on their own?

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

This may just be me, but, people might hate this game for a few reasons. One, only selective people can use magic, and only 2 people can summon, the music is good, everything else is good, cept the fact that Zidane has a tail, but, yeah, but, only those are what really bother me about this game, it may count towards others to, but, this is just me

Yeah but that like real life certaiin people use magic, steal, summon, ect. I always thought Zidane looked cute with a tail.

ok, but, the tail, freaks me out,

Originally posted by Shiva's Effect
    ok, but, the tail, freaks me out,
    LMAO yeah i guess it would freak some people out. What if he was a girl would it still freak you out?

Let me guess you are a male, right? o_0If you are its no wonder Zidane's tail freaks you out.

yes, i'm a guy, and I have good reason to be freaked out, I mean, come on, a...w/e zidan is, with a tail, wouldn't that freak you out, just a little?

If i was a guy.....well yeah i guess it would.