Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why is this hated?

Good point DocFrance but.....

I don't like Steiner as a character. S I don't want to play as him, but I need him in places. Same goes for Feya, Amarant, Eiko & Quiena. Poor characters in my opinion and I'm not a fan of Zidane either.......

Would you play as someone you hated?
    would you play Zelda if Link was a w***er?
    Would you play Mario if Mario was a terrible character?

So in FF8, I don't like Selphie so i don't have to have her, I can have Zell instead, who i do like.

----------------------------------------------------------

And I wrote that in a earlier post, i forgot to mention FFII since i hadn'tt played it back then.....
    And i never mentioned FFX. I hated that.

Just to clear things up

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

some people love one FF and hate another
    and i quote Squaresoft "A version was given to players right at the very end of the development stage. I think the feedback from gamers should always be balanced - 50% for and 50% against. Why? Because when 100% of players are in total support of the game, it means they have seen it elsewhere... "

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

That's very true Ultros. We all have our reasons for liking or disliking IX. It's just, as you've proven, very few people can accept that their favorite game is regarded as other crap by their fellow games. As you proved already.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Actually, I just like arguing for the sake of arguing.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Originally posted by Legolas63
    FFIX, FFVIII spoliers ahead.
    These are the things that people hate (As well as hate Squall and Rinoa, and the theme, and the Junctions system, and.......basically everything) And why, you cannot deny that it's opening was fantastic, that the clothes were different, and it was different. That why people hate it, it's becasue it's different.

Now, the reason I hate FF9 is becasue it didn't continue the series, it went backwards. Gone was the middle finger and was replaced with a peace signal. I no it was a lookback, but it stopped the wheels turning of revolution. And thats why I hate it, because I could have bourght it years ago, with less prettier graphics, and it would have still played the same. It wasn't a change, it was the same. And thats why you like it.
    The whole reason FF9 is better then FF8 is because characters can't do the same thing. Getting a new character in FF8 was pointless. They added nothing new because all six characters coudl use magic and Junctions.

In FF9, FF6, FF4, FF10 you get a new character and they do things that are different then someone else in the group.

That's why I dislike FF8. That is why FF9 is a better game. Because there is a reason I'm getting a new character.

FF5 I coudl make characters into what ever I wanted so I have know proble, there. Same with FF2, and FF1.

But FF8 ever one is the same. It's let's share the magic and Junctions.
    A long time fan of Final Fantasy I have always like the Final Fantasy games and I always well.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I don't see why IX cant be judged by it's own merits, instead of being compared to every other FF.

FFIX was too cliche. Zidane didn't care that Kuja was gonna destroy the world. He was just following Garnet trying to 'get some'.

I always thought that Zidane and crew looked more like carnies than medieval people but I still liked the game. Maybe that's what happened to some people. The game had a medieval feel but strange colors were used to make the characters giving them a sort of pastel-carney-easter feel.

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    I don't see why IX cant be judged by it's own merits, instead of being compared to every other FF.
    I surpose it's the only way to distinguish it to the other FFs. I guess that is the way you have to do it but......

GRAPHICS

FFIX's were good, compared to the games of that time. However, in the great scheem of things, it was a little of a let down simply because FF7 & FF8 had both employed that graphics system, and I kinda wanted it to try something else. It was like the Resident Evil series on PS1.

Resi 1 or FF7- A surprise hit from Japan in the west. people buy it loads. Siad to be one of the greatest games ever.

Res 2 or FF8- people buy it and are like "Eh?". While it's still good, some don't like the new feel and it does well, but not as well as it's older brother

Resi 3 or FFIX- Looks the same as the others, and thefore is not as impressive. Fails to have the same charm as the original (FF7) and it does well. The problem it has is simply, it doesn't look worked on, like a rushed sequel........

I thank you. (I actually liked Resi 2 better myself)

Ya see, i used Resident Evil to compare the FFs, do I like get a award?

But back to the matter at hand........

But FF8 ever one is the same. It's let's share the magic and Junctions.
    True, but.....
    • They have different Limits
    • They have different weapons, that are better for different things

But i seee what you mean. But I like knowing I could play with the ones I wanted. So when I got Irvine & Rinoa they went on my team forever, because I liked them more than the others. I wasn't stuck playing as a person i though was a lame . That was my problem with FF4, When Cecil went Paladin, he was rubbish and I didn't want him. True, he got better but i wasn't happy being stuck pl;aying as a loser.....
    FFIX was better in that instance since I could change them if i thought one was a loser. But you always had to make sure it was a balanced team. Not much stratigic there, and I liked that.
    BUT I DID NOT LIKE HOW THEY GAINED ABILITIES.
    It was childish, going back to the same style as FF7. I had moved on, i wanted them trying sonmething new. But the sat back in their chair (Squaresoft that is) and knocked a crappy abilities system.

Even if you didn't like FF8, then at least appreciate they tried something new.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I loved it, enough said.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it is hated because the old skool style was considered dated after the hi-tech FF8 and 7. I however loved a trip down memory lane also the Tetra master was really crap compared to the simple yet addictive triple triad it was too confusing and the rules and card stats made no sense what soever plus if you ever got to the end of it there was a glitch.

Other than that the storywas too confusing for many but I liked the game

Originally posted by Legolas63
    But i seee what you mean. But I like knowing I could play with the ones I wanted. So when I got Irvine & Rinoa they went on my team forever, because I liked them more than the others. I wasn't stuck playing as a person i though was a lame . That was my problem with FF4, When Cecil went Paladin, he was rubbish and I didn't want him. True, he got better but i wasn't happy being stuck pl;aying as a loser.....
    FFIX was better in that instance since I could change them if i thought one was a loser. But you always had to make sure it was a balanced team. Not much stratigic there, and I liked that.
    BUT I DID NOT LIKE HOW THEY GAINED ABILITIES.
    It was childish, going back to the same style as FF7. I had moved on, i wanted them trying sonmething new. But the sat back in their chair (Squaresoft that is) and knocked a crappy abilities system.

Even if you didn't like FF8, then at least appreciate they tried something new.

Yes they tried something new. But there really is no point in ever one using magic. I liked FF4 because people could only do different things. It really made me think more about what I was doing in battle. It also made me think about what I need to do before I went on.

If I needed to be at a level I was not at then I woudl work for it. If I had even four people in the group I still had to think about what was the best why to win a boss battle.

I remember fighting Mandy, Candy, and Sandy. I had to think more about what I was doing and not just attack because I could. I also had to make sure my level was high enough so I could face them.

In other words when I won. I knew I won because I worked for it. At time in FF8 I did not have to work ever hard to different a boss. That is unitl I got to the last boss. But even then...

Tetra master was really crap compared to the simple yet addictive triple triad it was too confusing and the rules and card stats made no sense what soever plus if you ever got to the end of it there was a glitch.
    You see I thought so at first. But once I learnd what to do It was more fun then Triple Triad.
    A long time fan of Final Fantasy I have always like the Final Fantasy games and I always well.

Default oh god ppl you gunna make me cry

oh god ppl your gunna make me cry, its was soo good, but it was better than X!
    hey, would you like to join, mine and punkmccloud's forums? it is up to you.
    www.generalfourmsgames.tk
    plz join, you dont have to, but i hope you do
    ~thanks

if the forums are down, would u join after? thanks very much

oh god ppl your gunna make me cry, its was soo good, but it was better than X
    Indeed. but FFX was a experiment with how to expand the FF series. no one can fight the fact taht the Asian inspired backgrounds were stunning and the relaxing feel of the game was interesting. still thought it wasn't GREAT.

But once I learnd what to do It was more fun then Triple Triad.
    I discovered how to play that properly. And IMO it still sucked. They should have had another mini game. Not cards. Triple Triad was fun, wish it was a real game, with those cards, it was THAT good

I see what your saying about FF8 & FF4. but the difference is simply. FF4 is the past. Things change, and FF8 was that wave of change. Abruptly stopped by FFIX's stupid rock of crappiness.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmm well the fact is (other post short and not too sweet but written in one minute flat

I like ff9 as i do all of the ff games but the problem with 9 was that with such a cloudy story line and some really bad puns (I thought I was gonna cry of sadness when some of the jokes came up they really made me weep with pity for the poor sod who wrote them) and a confusing mini game in the form of tetra master (which even once I understood and completed had seemed too much to bother to be fun compared to triple triad even if I had to play with random, sudden death, same + plus + same wall, and the trade rule was all and the only decent card in my hand were squall and Ifrit surrounded by level 1s ok)

Also there was a lack of suitable xp to get decent xp on the last disc you had to fight the yans yet to really be safe fighting one you had to be around level 60 - I completed the flaming game at level 35 - (another point too easy final bosses 35 is a shameful level especially seeing as unlike ff8 the enemies do not level up as you do)