Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why is this hated?

Actually, I just like arguing for the sake of arguing.
    lol! your not the only one!

Someone once told me that all Final Fantasies suck
    because they're all about a (few) protagonist(s) going
    against a system of control that is oppressing them.
    After taking a dropkick to the neck and waking up in the
    hospital after being in a coma for 4 years, he found a
    note super-glued to his face that read "No sh*t, Sherlock,
    that's what EVERY dramatic story ever told is at its core."

What an >onion<hole.

.opt

Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
    I like ff9 as i do all of the ff games but the problem with 9 was that with such a cloudy story line

The storyline wasn't cloudy at all. For the first disk, you're trying to find the reasoning behind Brahne's desire to take over the entire Mist continent. In the second disk, you're trying to find out Kuja's involvement in the grand scheme of things. And essentially the third and fourth disks are your quest to stop Kuja. Now, I drastically oversimplified the entire game by that. But there's nothing cloudy during the first two disks at all. Granted, the last two disks deal mainly with the Zidane/Kuja/Terra/Gaia relationship.

And as far as the Terra/Gaia situation goes, I'll grant that the game doesn't give the full details of that particular story arch, but only cause its not essential to the grand scheme of things. You'd understand the Gaia/Terra relationship better if the Online Ultimania site was still up and running which provided pretty much all the details as long as you were willing to translate everything.

Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
    Also there was a lack of suitable xp to get decent xp on the last disc you had to fight the yans yet to really be safe fighting one you had to be around level 60 - I completed the flaming game at level 35 - (another point too easy final bosses 35 is a shameful level especially seeing as unlike ff8 the enemies do not level up as you do)

I've brought up this point before, but the reason you are able to beat FFIX at such low levels is because everything has drastically reduced HP limits compare to previous Final Fantasies. For example, Safer Sephiroth had approximately 150000 HP. Necron had only approximately 52000 HP. Sephiroth has nearly 3 times more HP than Necron does. So as far as FFIX goes, you gain suitable xp for battles compared to HP of the enemies you fight. If you gained more, you would go through the game faster and easier than you may already do.

ff9 is really good... dunno y ppl keep dissin it (n yes i hav played ff7 n ff8)
    i'll be waiting for you.
    if you come here,
    you'll find me.
    i promise.
    ~squall~

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by midnyte_angel
    ff9 is really good... dunno y ppl keep dissin it (n yes i hav played ff7 n ff8)
    Because we dislike it, and we gave many many reasons. Perhaps you'd like to read the thread sometime?

It's great that you've played VII and VIII, but there's a lot of great FF out there prior to and after the Playstation trio. Try those out too.

It's great that you've played VII and VIII, but there's a lot of great FF out there prior to and after the Playstation trio. Try those out too.
    um... me not having played the other ff's...
    not bragging or nefin but jes letting u noe that i hav played and finished many other ff's
    nes - (ff1-3), gb/a - (ff adventure, legend 1-3, ta), snes (ff1mq, 2, 3, 5), ps1 (ff4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, t, o)
    but it's tru i've only played a bit of ffx n ffx-2

i still think that ff9 is a cool game otherwise i wudn't hav played it so much.
    (i've gotten excalibur 2 n hav killed ozma on lv 1)
    i'll be waiting for you.
    if you come here,
    you'll find me.
    i promise.
    ~squall~

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    Because we dislike it, and we gave many many reasons. Perhaps you'd like to read the thread sometime?
    I agree with you there
    In FFIX, I also disliked the apparant lack of challenge. Sure, FF8 was aslo easy, but with that, I had to learn a new magic system so it had some challenge. With 9, it was like slipping on a pair of old, smelly shoes that worked well once but I had to wear again, despite being given a shiny, sexy new trainers as well (FF8).
    It was a step-back IMHO.

not bragging or nefin but jes letting u noe that i hav played and finished many other ff's
    First point, your writing is kinda poor. This isn't a text messege, actually have some pride in what you write.

2: So what? So has most of us, it doesn't really matter that you had or not, simply saying that it's a great game without ANY reasons is pointless. Why do you like it, just saying "It's a great game" is unfounded. Everyone has a opinion, express yours sometime.

some really bad puns (I thought I was gonna cry of sadness when some of the jokes came up they really made me weep with pity for the poor sod who wrote them) and a confusing mini game in the form of tetra master (which even once I understood and completed had seemed too much to bother to be fun compared to triple triad even if I had to play with random, sudden death, same + plus + same wall, and the trade rule was all and the only decent card in my hand were squall and Ifrit surrounded by level 1s ok)
    The puns were crap. That is fact, it was never funny.
    The Card Game was kinda disapointing after FF8's but to be fair, it did have a lot of other ones, unlike FF8 which focussed on the TT. Still, Quality Over Quantity.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

In FFIX, I also disliked the apparant lack of challenge. Sure, FF8 was aslo easy, but with that, I had to learn a new magic system so it had some challenge.
    If you have time you should really try to do some of these things. Sure they aren't impossibly hard but i think they'll provide you with a bit of a "challenge". And yes I have done them all.
    FF8 - kill omega weapon without your party having leveled up (strange but he's still on lv100 even though my party's average was like lv9)
    FF9 - kill ozma with lv1 party, get excalibur 2
    i'll be waiting for you.
    if you come here,
    you'll find me.
    i promise.
    ~squall~

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by midnyte_angel
    nes - (ff1-3), gb/a - (ff adventure, legend 1-3, ta), snes (ff1mq, 2, 3, 5), ps1 (ff4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, t, o)

Ah, I inferred from your previous statements that you had only played the Playstation games, my apologies.

And that's cool, I'm glad a lot of people like it, but as they say, you cant please all of the people all of the time. I cant stand it, personally.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I didn't really enjoy this game.

For one thing, the the majority of the minigames involved pressing one button repeatedly. The chocobo game was good, I'll admit that, the hourglass was okay, but the rest were just a pain in the arse.

Also, the Necron thing just pissed me off. Firstly, this game was about liufe and death, but couldn't they have said even one thing about him?

But the most annoying part was just a certain group of people just suddenly come together to fight evil. Ugh...

I'll admit though, that since it was my first Final Fantasy I had enjoyed it. But after I had discovered FFVI and FFVII and VIII, I realised that it wasn't that good. I had to force myself to play it a second time, and a gave up right when I started.

Another reasn, was the rate of random battles. They came too much. You step three times, and suddenly, you get into a fight with a flan.

Kuja was an okay villan, but compared to Sephiroth and Kefka, I thought he was nothing.

Just my opinion of course; don't get too worked up about it.

Its a wonderful game but unfortunatly it dies halfway through. There's nothing on the extra continents. I want some monsterous civilizations or somthing. And the problem is the VII curse. FFVI made perfect sense. Granded there were some secrets that took games to catch like (Spoiler) my name. Clyde is shadow's name, arronwy is relm's last name. That's because he's her father. Seven made little to no sense, it took me three games to get it. I still don't get eight because I can't bear to go through that confusion again. I love 9, but I have no idea what's going on. It's kinda because 9 is a mix of all the previous FF's. Almost everything comes from one beforehand. listen to the gulgur volcano music. It's a slower newer version of the volcano commonly called gurgu from FFI. and the crystle thing at the end was a nice attempt to put somthing in that hasn't been in for four games, but did it make any sense to anyone?
    Clyde Arronwy, The Great and Magnificent Gumby, Lord Thanatosimii, Having Been Bequiethed of the Poke-dom, Ruler of Gumbolivia, Third member of "The Mind Whose Name Dare Not Be Spoken Aloud"

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnyte_angel

question...how in the hell can ozma be killed at lv 1? that is absolutly insane and beyond rational thought. i,m not gonna dismiss it out right but please enlighten me...

Default possible spoiler

i loved everything....it was building and building up hype and i loved it until
    .The final boss..very anticlimatic if u ask me..

The ending was fine its fatal flaw turned out to be its final boss...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

I loved FF9. This is my favorite game on the playstation out of all of them. The storyline is wonderful, the battle system is superb. The music is very magical. And you can beat it within a couple of days. It's a fairly easy game. I love it all the way.

Great Forum - beau8th.proboards30.com

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Someone here said the FFIX was the reward to people who've played all the old games, and I think they are right. I liked the game and had a lot of fun playing it, which is the most important thing to me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum