Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BLITZBALL SUCKS!

OK, let's get some of the things cleared off:
    1.)
    How do they breath under water? Can some one please just explain that part to me?
    Well, this is the truth about that. It is true that the player's can hold their breath for a long time, but what really helps them is the pyreflies in the water. As you may know, pyreflies go well with water.

2.)

Therefore they didn't spend a whole lot of time on it as they wanted to make the actual game itself better.
    actually, they spend a lot of time than you think. The director mentions this in the interview with him.

I agree with the original 'poster'. Blitzball is not that good.

Hi everyone just found the site and have registered. Be gentle!

:mog:

I hate Blitzball! I completely agree with the original statement. I hate blitzball with a passion that consumes my very being.

Praise be to Yevon

Quote Originally Posted by Xydane
    I hate Blitzball! I completely agree with the original statement. I hate blitzball with a passion that consumes my very being.
    I did a search for "Blitzball sucks" and ended up here. After reading the post quoted I had to register to salute Xydane. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Blitzball is rubbish. Compare the actual game you get to play to the opening sequence,an it would be like showing your dinner guests a big tasty cake, but then giving them a moldy sandwich with dried grubs on it.

Blitzball was okay, not great though. There was a time I gotted slightly hooked on it, which was while I was getting Wakkas extra stuff but apart from that I never played it unless I had to. It was just too slow. Lucky you only have to play it once to advance the plot.

i agree
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy
    PS2 controller is only so big. It's complicated to design a full-featured water-sport mini-game inside an RPG, and I'm assuming they only intended it to be an "extra" type of entertainment thing etc.
    Another RPG game, Quidditch makes great use of the controller. Each button does one thing: avoid tackle, pass, shoot, throw things at the opponents (Q has 4 balls on play, 2 to hit your opponents 1 to score and 1 to cheat and win the game w/o ever scoring). And you can go up and down

Q is also less turn based although it does have the other annoying shortcomings such as your team doesn't help you much and the opponents always gang up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy
    In the opening Zanarkand Blitzball Cinematic thing..you do see them moving up and down, grabbing, and elbowing.
    And so did the Luca game on the beginning..

See both here (watch Wakka doing a very cool play after being tackled by an Al Bhed)
    http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=ysfsGWQtV3Y
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

It looks stupid, but it's really fun and strategic in my opinion. It did, however, get boring when you're too good or your opponents aren't near as high levelled as you. Winning the first game in Luca was a pain in the butt.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Looks like we didn't have to revive the thread, ed.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonation
    Also, being able to knock people out of the sphere would've kicked ass.
    exactly

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

..then imagine how long it would have taken for people to get back in the pool ;p

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

usually its stupid NooBs to blitzball who cant play very well complain about blitzball.but your the oldest member of this website ive ever seen. i know it could have been better but it was only a minigame.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    How can the guy in front of me block my throw when I pass it to the guy behind me? It doesn't make any sense?
    I've notice that. it's really annoying.
    I thought blitzball was ok but it had a few problems with it and it got boring after a few games.

do u know how 2 play it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    warriorboy && battlingbard.