Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ok... predictions people

hmm i wonder if they will rename the summons agian like in 8 (guardian forces) 9 (edilons) 10 (aeons) is there some connection?

Hmm Can I just ask a sub question to the thread are you guys getting bored and tired of the FF series?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Stay on-topic or die.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hmm Can I just ask a sub question to the thread are you guys getting bored and tired of the FF series?
    Yes, very much so. In fac*Gets shot by a sniper*
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

But you know, it makes sense why the games had different names. The GFs were a huge part of 8, the Eidolons a large part of 9, and the Aeons were the main part of 10. So, basically, if they have a huge part of the story, then yeah, I think they will.
    Elionai Eli Adullam

My predictions:

I reckon it'll be a darker game than FFX, because you have the clash of the medievil style of the ground floor, and the futuristic style above them. Sorta like FFVII, with the poor people on the floor, and the rich above them. Think of the rebellions. Or maybe that the community are becoming more futuristic, like it's a new technology.

Summons....I think they'll be very different style from FFX, because Square would want to detract from that style. they'll think that will be sick of that style cause we'll have seen FFX & FFX-2. (At least, I hope they do)

hopes For the Game:

That it has a strong villian. FFX & FFIX had REALLY girly sounding villians (Seymour & Kuja). A villian that can stand on their own as a evil guy.

(Oh yeah, not being simple like FFIX or I'll be really angry)

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I hope they just call them summons or don't have any in this game. In the 4 games where they didn't call them summons 3 of them sucked(FFVI, FFVIII and FFX). As opposed to the 3 games where they did call them summons(FFIV, FFV, FFVII)...and all of them kicked ass.

So it is my conclusion that to have a kick ass FF game the summons must play a minor role as magic only.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

They had a fairly significant role in FFIV's plot, actually.

But they were called summons They only went half of it. I also never really considered them a major part of FFIV's plot. Sure they did things but its not like they were an integral part of the story like in FFVI, FFVIII, FFX or FFIX. They did somethings here and there but nothing that made the plot semi-revolve around them.

Default summons

Summons....I think they'll be very different style from FFX, because Square would want to detract from that style. they'll think that will be sick of that style cause we'll have seen FFX
    i thought the summon system in ffx was cool cause u could fight with the aeons instead of just having them appear do there move and go away

I hope they just call them summons or don't have any in this game. In the 4 games where they didn't call them summons 3 of them sucked(FFVI, FFVIII and FFX). As opposed to the 3 games where they did call them summons(FFIV, FFV, FFVII)...and all of them kicked ass.
    there name doesnt matter how good they are. and ffx was cool cause u could fight with them. 8 and 9 were normal.. like they appear do there move and disappear.
    the only reason 7 was good cause it had like all of the summons

Default Re: summons

Originally posted by inlineskating29
    there name doesnt matter how good they are. and ffx was cool cause u could fight with them. 8 and 9 were normal.. like they appear do there move and disappear.
    the only reason 7 was good cause it had like all of the summons
    Were you even reading anything I said? It has nothing to do with the battle system.

Default i know

i was just pointing out y i liked 10 better than the others cause u go to fight with them

how could 8 and suck compared to 9
    the summons in 9 did the same thing as they did in 8 just u had to extract them in 8 and in 9 u learned them
    and 8 had a little time bar to when they could come

i say ten was best cause u could fight whith them

NAME DOESNT MATTER AT ALL

It's a moot point, actually, as they're all alternate translations of the same word.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Check this, you PLAY as the summons, and humans are the're soilders which the monsters, SUMMON to theuir aid. Talk about Role reversal

That'll be F***IN Insane

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"