Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vagrant story

Default Vagrant story

Was the game ever a big hit like the ff games and will there be a 2nd one. ive played it but its really weird
    Hi Loser

Spear-Chucking Friend Mr. Mojo Risin's Avatar

didn't sell 500,000 copies. there will be no sequel, but that group also did FF tactics, so they'll probably do something else
    Smile even though its breaking

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

It wasn't nearly as big as the FF series, since after all FF is their main product. Good game, though.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was brilliant, but it wouldn't be easy to make a fitting sequel.
    After all, what'd be the plot?
    (SPOILER)Ashley has become 'The Vagrant', the wandering bearer of the Rood Inverse. Sydney's final act was to frame him for Duke Bardorba's murder (Sydney's betrayal or a team effort? Who can say...)
    Besides having the Church soldiers and Riskbreakers searching for him, there's little to form the basis of a new plot, unless they add another nemesis who wants to become another Dark-controlling demon.
    It'd be nice to see Callo Merlose in a leading role, though, perhaps with Tieger (assuming he (SPOILER)survived) and Neesa as supporting major characters.

However, that's unlikely to happen.

VS did get rave reviews in Japan, so let's not abandon hope just yet...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

True but still one of the things I'd like to see is maybe a Vagrant story tactics as the idea works what with a small team of risk breakers on one side or other characters it works for onimusha why not VS?

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Vagrant Story is simply brilliant.

I've never seen a story flow so smoothly before. It was just like a book. By far the greatest story I've ever seen in a video game.

(SPOILER) The fact that Sydney played everybody in the game's prologue by "searching for the key" when he already knew he had it was brilliant

Very unforgettable characters. Ashley, Rosencratz, Guildenstern and of course, Sydney.

I love the villains in the game.

(SPOILER) The way they lead you to believe it is Sydney when in fact it is actually the paladin Guildenstern.

I'd love to see a continuation of the story.

Vagrant Story 2 would make my day.

Hrmmm

Some very interesting ideas on this thread, I have to agree with all the positive views on this game, It actualy happens to be one of my all time favorite Square titles, this was actualy an impulse buy for me, and boy was it a smart move on my part, never have I replayed a game so much and been so enraptured by the story.

The story was top notch and most importantly MATURE ! The sound was over the top, so much I actualy ordered the OST ( I still listen to it alot ! ), my favorite songs were the abandoned mines and the ending theme ( so epic sounding ! ), the comic style text was a new thing, the undead ( I love em ! ) were great, the dungeons were never boring, and that crazy cleric/priest was so fun to beat on. Even the weapon forging was rad.

Such a highly underated game, a VG2 would rock my world.

Oh, and was anyone else sorta creeped out with that dagger at the (bleep) and the final picture close up with you know who in it after the credits ? That actualy gave me chills when I thought about it more...

LONG LIVE THE VKP !!!

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

My favorite track from the game was the very last battle.

I remember listening to it during my no save game getting the trout scared out of me that I wasn't gonna block bloody sin in time.

Now I'm playing Vagrant Story and Grandia. Two great games.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

imho opinion this is the biggest tragedy in game history. how can such a lovely story have such horrid game play???
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You obviously didn't put the effort in to learning the battle system then

I thought it was a pretty nice game and I liked the battle system too since it was something new to me and still usable when you got used to it, although the bosses were disappointingly easy - most could be finished off with several chains.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

i could never do the chains so by the end the bosses were insane. and i dont want to sit there doing hundreds of chains...yawn...which is why i used a max stat cheat...then i could enjoy the story at leisure.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

Man, i have already played VS, but, shoot, after some time of playing, the bosses were really dificult, and the system of weapons , really suck, but the history line it was really cool !

Blog Entries

Come on, I have not played a game that lacks nearly as much as Vagrant Story. And the whole underground thing was horrible.
    In my opinion Vagrant Story is absolutely horrible.
    By the end of it, I wanted to f****** kill myself, the whole game was a constant headache. Horrible, just horrible....there's not been a game worse than this piece of s*** please excuse my language...BUT I SIMPLY HATE THIS GAME. Man did Square Soft take a big leap towards the wrong road....Never again will I set my eyes on this pathetic excuse of a game.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-19-2004 at 11:18 PM.

My bf is playing this game currently and he says he's 19% done and he's over it already...I'm not even sure if I want to play it...

What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?
    ||||| Final Summit |||||