Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default Bring 'em back and make 'em miserable

Ok, this is pretty open-ended, so get your imagination/thinking caps on.

If you could bring one character back from a previous Final Fantasy to make an appearance in FFXII, which one would it be? Now, if the purpose of bringing that character back was to put them through misery, torture, death, etc... what would it be? And finally, how would this character be used in the game(i.e. secret character that you can get in your party that meets a terrible end later, a groupie that follows the boss and you fight an endless number of times before decimating them, etc...)?

I think that Rinoa would be my victim. And she would be a secret character that you can find through some sidequest. her purpose or specialty would be that when you want to run from battle you can "use" her and throw her to the animals, where she recieves a very painful death while you escape. And then she always magically revives and heals, only to go through it again whenever you need to run away.
    Figaro Castle

Like a usable item? *purchases 99 Rinoas*

Since you took Rinoa, I'll have to say Selphie. She sacrifices herself to save the party from a deathtrap, but nobody even really mentions it. One character will just say "Selphie...", and then the party will move on through whatever area it is. Just to accentuate her uselessness, she's the main character. And whenever she says something, the party ignores her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd say Aeris, but then I realised how much I would detest seeing her on my screen again. Just her presence irritates me. Grrr. I hated her.

So who would I pick to make a temporary yet tragic comeback? Probably ...gee, I dunno. x_x All the people who annoyed me, I don't want to have be in this game purely because of that - they annoy me. I don't care if they're happy or sad, it's a damned computer game - they'll still annoy me, probably. =P So I'll say Cait Sith. He didn't annoy me, and he can't really die. So y'no. =) It'd be nice for a li'l ol' cameo.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Porom would be MY victim.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Edward man, Edward. He could follow you around with his wussy harp and such.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Cid...You know..that one guy?
    **insert catchy sig**

i would have to say, Relm from FF6

you get her, the music of a new character being added to your party is being played, halfway threw her paintbrush attacks her and beats her to an inch of her life. you stand there... say, "oh well" and loot her goods as per usual with any rpg.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'd have Cecil from four and he'd be something to give your mages. You'd have to get him through some Ying-Yang palace (Get it Dark Knight/Holy Palidan thing going on). Depending on which Cecil you choose is what spell you get. Meteo or Holy and the first time you cast it, it does ultimate damage and Cecil starts to die until you cast it again and then he dies and the spell is yours to keep?

yuffie. you use her to flip up to the top of some temple on a cliff to open the door or sumthin'. then she slip and the camera follows her as she hits every bump and nook on her long decent. oh and afterwards you can use her copse a bait for feirce animals.
    Word/s.

Eiko. As wild animal bait. Brillant! Forever rehealing and useable for every battle.

Selphie. And I wouldn't care how she dies, as long as she does die.
    Last edited by Kenshin IV; 09-05-2003 at 06:44 PM.

Any chracter that kills living things without remorse(every FF hero basically). There will be a scene where the monsters have thier revenge and kill them. Then after that a monster becomes your main chracter.

I agree with Kenshin IV, I would like to see her get slowly chewed by a Malboro (please excuse the spelling) untill she is a pile of mushed, the be flattened by a adamantoise, afterwards cooked like a omlette and served to Omega weapon for breakfast.
    The end always justifys the begining!

do ya think malboros have any connection with malbro ciggerets.

It also fits with the bad breath attack.

and the poisoning.
    Word/s.