Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what techniques did you use on the last battle in FF8? *SPOILERS*

i let everyone die except Rinoa, Selphie, and Squall. Rinoa has Revive, Squall has Recover. Selphie summons cerberus, Rinoa summons Eden, ultimecia is dead. rinoa or selphie then casts aura on everybody. i then proceed to beat the hell out of griever. i keep everyone in good helth 'till shockwave pulsar, then just heal with revive and recover, or full cure. griever is dead by now. if aura is off i re cast it, if not i just keep using limits on the next form. he will always die before he gets to use his special attack. then i just repeat this process again against the final form of ultimecia. when she brings my hp down to one squall will usually heal himself or rinoa with recover and selphie will use full cure. if anybody dies they are revived by a full life or the revive ability. keep using this up and ultimecia dies before she even gets the chance to draw apocolypse. then my game freezes about the time when laguna is giving the ring to raine.

Blog Entries

I just kept resetting until Squall was in the party, used Meltdown on her, aura on the party and had Squall dish out Lionheart. Slash slash slash, gone in a flash

Blog Entries

I have defeated both Ultimecia and Omega Weapon with a blindfold + no cheap moves. Also, I have soloed them both + Ultima Weapon.

I just constantly used Holy Wars to stay invincible and hacked away at her until she finally died. Took forever, though.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well.....I leveled all my charactres up to 100, which didn't take that long. I got all the weapons and stuff, but come on, that's usuually a given. The last battle, even though I had read about it taking a very long time, and the HP was enormous. But it only took me about 15/20 minutes, no one ever died, and I even had one characer in my party that wasn't junctioned at all( I just gave all that stuff to the characters who I thought would be most useful, mostly depending on their limit breaks). I'm not bragging, or anything like that, but I was expecting it to be a lot harder. That's why I leveled up so high, and made sure I had gotten everything. She didn't even get to finish everything that she was saying, `cause apocalypse wiped her out. Sad, but it was still fun. No matter what other people say, my fav. in the series. Last bosses are never hard anyway, with the right strategy.

--Box Box Box Box

Cast Meltdown a few times with whomever happens to be out, even if they're not levelled up. Attack with all characters, with one using Megalixers or Hero's. My strongest three are normally Squall, Quistis and Rinoa, so I just wait until all three are out. I don't tend to use limit breaks until the final form, and then I only use one once.

The first thing I did was to set up three main people for the battle. Choose who you want to fight and level them up to Lv. 100. It dosen't matter what level the others are, as when they die they get replaced. DO EVEYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO KEEP YOUR MAIN THREE ALIVE THOUGH.

This done, master all the GFs (as in get all abilites by fighting on Cactuar island). Get Tonberry and Jumbo Cactuar and master them as well. Don't worry so much about Odin/Giglamesh.

Now, junction the GFs to your main three so that everyone can junction magic to more or less all of their things like HP. Get everyone 9999HP, at least 200 strength, and 120 speed (with auto-haste on everybody you will get 240 speed.)

Don't worry about weapons, except the Lionheart gunblade. Get this and you will get Renzokuken finsher "Lionheart". This does about 25 strikes with 9999 damage each time.

Now just fight as you normally would. Cast aura on Squall to do Renzokuken with every attack, and don't bother summoning GFs against Griever.

PS. Fight Omega Weapon as a warm up.
    www.yuriprime.tk Sometimes a good Renzokuken can solve all of your problems...
    Look into the Darkness, and what do you see? You see me in yourself. Hate me... curse me... fear me... rise up and FIGHT ME!
    I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard, handful of complaints but I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

1.summon ceberus
    2.cast triple haste
    3.cast all your defenceive magicks, Protect, Shell
    4.cast triple meltdown on boss
    5.cast triple aura
    6.cast triple regen
    7.use limits to easily defeat boss
    8.dont forget to occasionaly cast triple Ultima (why else spend so much time drawing it if not to cast it in the FINAL battle?)

its been a while, but i think thats about it, worked for me.
    (SPOILER)SIN IS JECHT

ZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZE LLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAKZELLLIMITBREAK
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Blog Entries

Selphie - Attacks and auras and then she dies... *evil laugh*
    Irvine - Fast ammo and he died *evil laugh*
    Zell - His limit break then he died *evil laugh*
    Quistis - Cactuar, Eden, she had Mighty Guard... she never died!!!!
    Rinoa - She had the dog and I was praying for her dog to put me Invencible!
    Squall - Lion Heart... Cerebus... Curagas, Auras and Meltdown....

I suffered so much to win the first time Ultimecia!

Constant Eden. Junctioned Aura to Strength on 3 chracters. Constant Aura on Squall, and on the 3rd Chracter Constant Haste or Cerebrus. I beat both of them with Squall ar 1 hp and every1 else was dead and lost in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.