Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what techniques did you use on the last battle in FF8? *SPOILERS*

Default what techniques did you use on the last battle in FF8? *SPOILERS*

since in FF8, you had the opportunity to use all of your people, i had to make some last minute adjustments and discoveries and after battling ultimecia a few times (and losing) and figuring out what i was up against, i came up with the perfect formula...

Selphie: was my weakest so i gave her nothing... except cactuar and then i made her use kamikaze HAHA!
    Irvine: I used the ammo mod to get as much pulse ammo as humanly possible cuz it took off 9,999
    Quistis: she has mighty gaurd...
    Rinoa: i used her dog nonstop in hope it would make me invincible
    Zell: i figured out the exact pattern to get to my final heaven... that was good
    Squall: My strongest character... i had him at 9,999 hp and he had the lionheart. everyone else i basically used to keep him in good shape!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shouldn't this be on the FFVIII forum, not the FFT forum?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe

I found Draw/Cast Apocalypse was nice, including the graphics for that spell
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

99 megalixers helped.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It sure did for me too

Zell: Ergeiz (or however it's spell) and armaggedon fists
    Squall: Lionheart
    Irvine: Fast ammo which knocks off up to 99000 hp damage or even 100 000
    Quistis: Mighty Guard
    Selphie: Full-cure/aura casting
    Rinoa: nothing. She dies *kamikaze*

note I don't approve of using invincible moon, hence Rinoa has no use in the entire game (plot wise as well) ^_^

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Oh PG, how little you know about Rinoa. She was my biggest hitter in that final battle.

Quistis: Killed her in the first minute.
    Irvine: Same goes for him.
    Rinoa: Cast Aura on her, and then set off Angel Wing. Since the only spell in her inventory that she could cast was Meteor, she cast that every single time, averaging about 60,000 damage per turn.
    Squall: Renzokuken's and casting Meltdown on the new forms.
    Zell: Duels (Armageddon Fists is deadly, but is so annoying to do, so I didn't bother; I just messed about with the combo's) and casting Meltdown on the new forms.
    Selphie: Never even saw the battle.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Blog Entries

Grin

I thought Rinoa's spell casting was random, and hypothetically can cast any spell (even if she didn't have).

*shrug* has it been that long?

Seriously, i just prepared three of my characters - Quistis, Squall, and... erm... Zell - and let everyone else die. Quite frankly, when i fought the final battle i had no expectation of winning; i was just curious what it was like. Because i went in so unprepared and won anyway, i think it's a pretty easy battle. Especially with - in my case - Quistis' blue magic. Big Guard, anyway (all her other magic sux0rz, i say). Apply Zell's limit breaks liberally, give her a solid thwacking with Squall, and voila: ending movie. i didn't have any 'ultimate' weapons, nor did i have Squall's strongest finishing move. Go figure.

Ahh, PG, she can cast any spell she has stocked. i'm pretty sure, anyway. There's a whole mess of strategy guides on tailoring her magic stocks for different battles.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

well...all my chacaters died except for Rinoa, Squall, and Selphie...I used Selphie to cast curga and Aura on everyone and I used Squall's Lion Heart, and I finally beat the game with Angelo's attacks...and i think it was one of the weaker attacks.

i just used aura on squall and beat the crap out of her with lionheart

Blog Entries

Grin

you need meltdowns though, and with aura, each battle will only take one or two (maybe three) rounds. Yay.

I casted aura on squall, the holy war (<-- I think thats the one that makes your whole party invisible like) ne wyas it wont let u get hurt by magic etc. and had the other 2 using gf's. 1 using Eden, the other using Bahumet (guessing thats right spelling) It just worked out lucky for me that she chose these 3 to start the battle, none of them died. I just had to wait on my summongings after like every 2 or 3 times so i could recast aura and holy war but it worked out pretty nice for me.
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

It was limit breaks all the way with me. Squall of course dominated with Lionheart the entire fight and of course i healed with Megalixers when needed

The time has come....the age of darkness has descended and now a hero is needed....

Final Fantasy Caverns

--PL--

I only got 3 members with Junction: Squall, Irvine and Rinoa. They´re the most powerful. After that, I cast Meltdown on Ultimecia, Griever, Ultimecia junctioned with Griever and Final Ultimecia... and then just blow them to smithereens with my limit breaks. EASY!!!!!

Step 1: Cast Meltdown on enemy
    Step 2: Aura on Squall
    Step 3: Aura on one more strong member (fro me it was either Quistis or Irvine)
    Step 4: Cast Limit breaks
    Repeat....

Also have one person with Revive(I had Squall), one with Recover and a handfull of Megalixirs for (SPOILER)Hell's judgement by Final Ultimecia.

The last battle is a pretty easy one. The REAL challenge lies with (SPOILER)the Omega Weapon, easily the toughest BOSS in the entire game...

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same." - - Jonathan Davis