Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A helpful tip/amusing antecdote.

Yeah, I wouldn't know 'cause I've never seen the FMV.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I am just curious to how one persons playstation would have bad memory compared to anothers?

Apparently the reason why you don't see Locke's face is because he would look a lot like Cloud or something. *shrug* They do look very similar if you compare Amano sketches of the two, which is what the FMV's were based off of, thank God.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Night_Sword: I am just curious to how one persons playstation would have bad memory compared to anothers?
    That was what I was gonna post.....

Anyways I have the Final Fantasy Cronicals and My FFIV has a Pritty sad "Save" Loading time......Must be close to 1 minute to Save a game and get back to playing....

after playing FF7-9 on my PS and being able to save in under 15 seconds I was sevearly Shocked by the long Save times....

But then I said.....Hey at least I get to Play FFIV and Chrono Trigger again without a Stupid Emulator And ROM....

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have the FFVI playstation re-release, the UK one (it came with a demo of FFX).

I don't know if this is the same as the one you guys have (cos I also have "FF anthology" but that has IV and V on)

But the time the menu takes to load is *really* slow, just after pressing triangle, it was slow on my psone and now is just as slow on my ps2. The other bits in the game are okay though, just the menu loading.

I'm guessing it's the disc rather than the Playstation itself.
    rawr

The problem with the slowdown lies within
    Compared to the old SNES loading times of about a second, Anthologies is a royal pain in the ass. You would think with a faster machine (ps2 or playstation) you'd be able to get atleast CLOSE to the same loading times as the SNES...
    The problem with the slowdown lies within the way that 2D and 3D graphics are drawn and stored. In a 2D game, every possible frame of animation is pre-drawn and stored in the games RAM as you play. A cartridge has it's own RAM while a CD has to rely on the RAM of it's system. Offsetting this disadvantage however is tha fact that CDs contain much more raw storage than cartridges. Because of this, a "less powerful" system like the SNES can actually be better at drawing 2D sprites than a more modern system which is geared toward 3D gameplay. I may not be 100% accurate on everything I said, but that is the basic reason why the load times are worse on the PSX version.:mog:

Edit: The game counts your steps and somehow converts them into a percentage of encountering a random battle. If you only take one step at a time then you still have a chance of encountering a random battle, but that chance is very very low. If you go 255 steps between battles however than the 255th step is almost guarenteed to be a random battle. I think I got the algorithm from http://www.gamefaqs.com, You should check out the algorithm FAQ sometime, it's really interesting
    Last edited by Atma Weapon; 09-30-2003 at 08:09 AM.