Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A helpful tip/amusing antecdote.

Default A helpful tip/amusing antecdote.

Thinking about Sabin's scenario lately, mostly because of the "Shadow's Price" thread, and I thought I'd recant an interesting tale, with a helpful tip contained within (hence the title)...

The second time I played through the game, after the waterfall, I found myself with Cyan dead, Sabin severely wounded, a huge stretch of land to run across, and NO healing items whatsoever.

After several failed attempts to make it to Mobliz, I decided to save after each step I took, figuring that the battles had to happen at a random interval, and that eventually I would make it across.

However, lo and behold, after each save, no battle would come. I was guranteed a free step in the right direction, and made my happy way to Mobliz in no time!

Now, I must admit this trick was performed on the old SNES cart, so I don't know if it'll work on the ROM or the PSX version, but chancing that it might help someone caught in the same predicament I was, I post.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well this would certainly help that person that wants to beat the game at the lowest level possible, although it would take them forever.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
    Well this would certainly help that person that wants to beat the game at the lowest level possible, although it would take them forever.
    Especially if playing the Anthologies version where it takes 10 seconds just to load the freakin MENU!!!
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Yeah, that's a pain, Gau.

On a side note, I HAVE beaten the game with only Celes, Setzer, and Edgar. I was only around level 35, and NO I didn't use a gameshark. Just took a LOT of time.

God I wish I still had my cart... *cries*

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Gau
    Especially if playing the Anthologies version where it takes 10 seconds just to load the freakin MENU!!!

i HAVE Anthologies its always fast for me you probably just have a crap memory (The playstations memory not you'res!)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by MJN SEIFER
    i HAVE Anthologies its always fast for me you probably just have a crap memory (The playstations memory not you'res!)
    I was excited about buying a PS2 for the fact that my FFVI load times on my Playstation were abysmal. But after buying my PS2 it has worse loading times than my Playstation did. So it can't be the memory. I'd guess that you got lucky and got a CD that was burned "better".

When did you buy Anthologies?
    Figaro Castle

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ages ago!! and I use a PS2 BTW

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Go figure. Maybe it's the CD then.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I bought Anthologies around the time it came out. My ps2 is only 3 or 4 months old. I doubt that I have bad memory.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I bought Anthologies the day that it came out because I'm obsessed with FFVI. The load times are so long that I'd shoot myself in the face before I'd get to Tritoch.

Maybe the European version of the game is faster. I've never heard any rumours to that extent though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Everyone says the anthology load times are terrible...I'll admit they are not super fast, but they are not so bad that you go crazy waiting for the game. I think maybe people exaggerate a little when they say how slow the game is. I have played the anthology version a million times, and it never occured to me that it was too slow. I was just mad about the fact that they didn't include all the characters in the beginning FMV. I was looking forward to seeing Locke, and Strago, and Relm....oh well. Still a great game, no matter how you look at it.
    Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to do it anways.

Blanche: "In the south we mature faster...I think it's the heat." Dorothy: "I think it's the gin."

Locke's apparently included, but you don't get to see his face.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Celes
    Everyone says the anthology load times are terrible...I'll admit they are not super fast, but they are not so bad that you go crazy waiting for the game. I think maybe people exaggerate a little when they say how slow the game is. I have played the anthology version a million times, and it never occured to me that it was too slow. I was just mad about the fact that they didn't include all the characters in the beginning FMV. I was looking forward to seeing Locke, and Strago, and Relm....oh well. Still a great game, no matter how you look at it.
    I've timed the loading time when I'm going into battle and it literally takes 15-20 seconds for a battle to load. That is just rediculous. And I know it is not just my machine or game because others have had the exact same problems and aren't exaggerating on the load times.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Celes
    Everyone says the anthology load times are terrible...I'll admit they are not super fast, but they are not so bad that you go crazy waiting for the game.
    Compared to the old SNES loading times of about a second, Anthologies is a royal pain in the ass. You would think with a faster machine (ps2 or playstation) you'd be able to get atleast CLOSE to the same loading times as the SNES...

Originally posted by The Man
    Locke's apparently included, but you don't get to see his face.
    Not apparently, he IS there. You see the back of his head. ;o
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!