Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is FFII so bad?

Default Why is FFII so bad?

OK, I'm at the Earth Cave in FFI, just about to fight Lich. So I decide I don't want to do that now, and switch over to FFII and start up a game...

It's... weird... the graphics are... screwed up-looking... they're different size... and it doesn't feel like an FF...

... so really, someone tell me why I should keep playing this game? I know all about the fly stat system, but beyond that I know nothing of this game (so please mark spoilers).

The graphics are the same for FFII and FFi on the NES. If you meant the WSC version then the FFII graphics are better then the FFI one.

I say keep playing it cause it has a good plot and when you beat the final boss you get a big feeling of acomplishment seeign as how it's so hard just beating the game.
    This space intentionally left blank.

It's not bad.

People just have no patience for it.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

All right then. I can't say your evidence is exactly rousing, but I shall press on.

By the way, I'm playing the PS2 version. I used to have the NES translation, in which the graphics were just a teeny step above FFI's (IMO), but I bought Origins for FFI and noticed, "hey, FFII's on here as well."

Well, FFII is a great game, and personally it's one of my favorites. In fact, VII is the only one I like more. The stats building system is excellent (as long as you don't cheat), and it is HARD!!! That's one thing I really like about it. Also, the plot is really good, especially for it's time. The unique KEYWORD setup really grabbed me, and I just love exploring the world and trying to defeat all the monsters so I can fill up my database, raising my magic (also a great plus!), and just trying to get everything. Also, the artwork you can unlock is top notch!
    Elionai Eli Adullam

simply because you percieve it as bad
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Yes... thank you twobitmage for answering my post topic instead of my actual question...

... anyway, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I'm playing and enjoying FFII now, thanks to you people. Feel special.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I used to think the same, but the game is not bad, is just not impressive as FF1 and FF3 also you cant choose class/jobs. thats why I thought it was bad..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Ah, now I feel loved. Thanks Wightraven, I do feel special!
    Elionai Eli Adullam

FFII isn't bad, its great! (stomps FFVIII in the ground)
    why do ya don't like it??
    ok, its somewhat easy to level up alot, but the story is nice & I like the chars... even Gordon

take my word,ive never canceled an ff except ff2,it got so boring at ice caves that i frameskipped so the bloody game part would go faster

chaotic neutral

FFII is my favourite in the series. Don't know how anyone can find it boring. It's more challenging than any other FF, in my opinion. It takes some patience, because you have to cover large distances, and most dungeons are twice the size of the final dungeons in PSX FFs.

It's a shame this battle system wasn't used in any other FF (if you don't count FF Legends). I like the idea of only levelling up the things you actually use.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
    It's more challenging than any other FF, in my opinion. It takes some patience, because you have to cover large distances, and most dungeons are twice the size of the final dungeons in PSX FFs.
    And that's why some people don't like it: they can't stand a game that makes them think and that isn't a major breeze.

Although I don't agree with all those stuff Nemesis said about FF2, I sure think it's a quality game. The best storyline I've ever seen in a NES game (although it most of SNES and PSX FFs have a better story, IMHO), with lots of tragic events and surprises. And that already makes the story way better than FFX's! The music is also good. There's lots of good songs around, and I really like listening to FF2 songs in FF: Symphonic Suite and FF Origins soundtrack. The battle system has its ups and downs, but if trying to remain objective, I'd say... it's pretty innovative.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That horrid, oldschool, 8-bit sound is what makes it difficult for me to play, which is why I've yet to complete any below 6, though I've played them all (well I haven't beat 4 yet because I keep getting my ass whooped ). Though I do admit they're far better in the challenge department, I need a compelling story with characters bearing realistic charateristics and most of all GREAT AUDIO. I'm a music addict...everything I do and like is heavily infulenced by its music.

I need to finish FFII sometime, I just don't know when.
    I like Kung-Fu.

i've finished ff1

and i think you should too

ff2 the boring thing is the levelling takes a long time

but its good i'm playing now and close to finishing it