Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII episode start/ endings

Default Final Fantasy VII episode start/ endings

Lets have some fun and see if you have some powers that can see into the future ! Are you the next Nostradamus ?
    When and how you predict the Final Fantasy VII episodes to begin and end ?

Episode I :

Start - Same beginning as the original, highly doubt that they would start the game anytime near the ending of Crisis Core.
    End - Ending predictions- Dyne's suicide a bit of a downer ending to the first episode, though at that point your whole view of Barret, Cloud and the rest of Avalanche has really moved and changed. - On The Way To Nibelheim- Really picture the game fixing the buggy after experiencing Nanaki's adventure and then a new clip scene plays of the group slowly and painfully driving towards Nibelheim, as Tifa looks down anxiously, and the shock/ surprise on Cloud's face and everybody's face that they see a Nibelheim that appears to be never been burnt down.Cloud and Tifa step outside, as they both look at Nibelhiem, Tifa with watery eyes look at a confused Cloud. Episode ends.

Episode II :

Start- Either at Nibelheim or starting at the Gold Saucer Chocobo Racing.

End- Summoning Of The Black Materia- Cloud begins to go bonkers, and gives Sephiroth the Black Materia. The Weapons awake and Tifa blacks out as the group attempts to escape to Junon. A new cut scene plays of Tifa in the middle of darkness is screaming for Cloud's name, and runs around the darkness in a stress, crying for Cloud, but Cloud doesn't answer. A glitch of flashes showing Tifa meeting a broken Cloud at the Midgar happens. Tifa collapses to the ground. OR it ends a little bit before that, when Sephiroth is gaslighting Cloud, pushing him to make his mind slip into sanity, and stops when Cloud realizes that he was never Solider 1st class. Other guess I have here is that to shock older players is that Aerith's death scene is going to be moved and will play around this time in the game instead, Cloud will see Aerith die, and after a short time of grieving- Sephiroth will reappear and THEN begin to mind- smurf him, and then the episode ends when Cloud starts to believe him. It will also mean that Aerith fans will have more time to spend with Aerith before she goes bye bye, as " Revive Aerith " theories and cheats/ glitches were so popular and are still popular to this day.

Episode III :

Start- Tifa awaking in Junon.

End- Game shows the OG ending, but it also shows small clips of what basically happens in Case Of Tifa, and ends with Cloud revisiting the place where Aerith died, and showing sadness appear in his eyes and him refusing to answer Tifa's cellphone. I would rather the remake keeps Crisis Core/ Advent Children things out of the remake, but knowing SE these days the game is going to be flooding with it- and will likely want to lead on to Advent Children.

What's your guesses ?
    Last edited by maybee; 01-22-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Episode One: Up to the point that you leave Midgar.
    Episode Two: Up to the point that Aeris dies.
    Episode Three: ???
    Episode Four: Profit
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think Aerith's demise will be the climax of the first episode.

Episode 1: Until Aerith's Death
    Episode 2: Until Cloud return from the lifestream
    Episode 3: Until End.

I don't think there's enough to get 4 episodes and still have 'a full games worth of content each' as Square have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

I don't think there's enough to get 4 episodes and still have 'a full games worth of content each' as Square have claimed
    I don't think you have enough to get a "full game's worth of content" in each of those, with that split. From the point Cloud returns, to the point you beat the game, is nowhere near the amount of content that's in the beginning to the end of Disc One.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I suspect they'll pad it out with additional content that's easy to produce. The Battle Arena springs instantly to mind. That or they're speaking bollocks.

I think there'll be 7 episodes because why not.

1. Ends with leaving Midgar
    2. Ends with Cosmo Canyon
    3. Ends with Death of a Flower Girl
    4. Ends with Finding Cloud after his lifestream tumble
    5. Ends with Preparing to jump into Midgar
    6. Hurray
    7. Probably trying to milk it with Advent Children or Crisis Core content or alternatively Episode Barret (what happened after Cloud fell into the church) Episode Aerith (what happened after Cloud slapped her face in and she ran off) and Episode Yuffie (chronicling her time as a news anchor at Junon seriously that was a thing that happened you guys)

Blog Entries

My guess is

1. Leaving Junon and fighting Jenova on the boat.

2. Making it to Temple of the Ancients and seeing Aeris leave.

3. All the way up until you use the Key to the Ancients.

4. The fight with Weapons and Sephy. Return to Midgar northern cave etc
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    (chronicling her time as a news anchor at Junon seriously that was a thing that happened you guys)
    Personally, I just assumed that was a disguise for that one time. Same with Cait Sith.

Articles

No way! I'm telling you there's going to be a whole Telltale style episode about that where you have to choose whether to blow the elevator bribe guy's racket wide open or keep quiet to let Cloud and company still have access. It'll ask us all questions about ethics, journalistic responsibility and freedom of the press in this morally grey questline that'll have content for three games. Mark my words.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    No way! I'm telling you there's going to be a whole Telltale style episode about that where you have to choose whether to blow the elevator bribe guy's racket wide open or keep quiet to let Cloud and company still have access. It'll ask us all questions about ethics, journalistic responsibility and freedom of the press in this morally grey questline that'll have content for three games. Mark my words.
    10/10 would buy.

Yeah, I think there will be three episodes before we get to Aeris being shafted from behind. If they told the whole of disc one in a single episode I'd be very disappointed. There's too much to fit in.

This is my favourite ever game. I'd happily spend £500 on a twenty-episode game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    This is my favourite ever game. I'd happily spend £500 on a twenty-episode game.
    ...yeah, gotta admit I'd probably cave and spend that much money too if it were the only way to play such a thing. Even if it had bad reviews. And even if it was littered with Compilation nonsense. And I'd still like it somehow.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really don't think there's enough content for so many. Half the stuff on disc two was already pure padding

I think three episodes would be reasonable and concise thanks to the general rule of three that has been tried and tested since antiquity. But you know SE and how they do things nowadays - they'll probably go with seven or something. I just think I'm gonna lose my mind if I have to endure a whole disc devoted to Wutai (NO MATERIA ALL GAME!) or the Great Glacier - and this one is likely to happen if they end the previous episode on Aerith's death.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I really don't think there's enough content for so many. Half the stuff on disc two was already pure padding
    Depends what you call an episode, really. Telltale and Square's very own Life is Strange only had a couple of hours of content per episode. They are of course different genres but as this is somewhat uncharted territory we have no idea of knowing how much content Square feels an episode needs. The cynic in me feels they might prefer a higher number of shorter episodes to rake in more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

I don't think you have enough to get a "full game's worth of content" in each of those, with that split. From the point Cloud returns, to the point you beat the game, is nowhere near the amount of content that's in the beginning to the end of Disc One.
    The trouble is I don't see anywhere to have a split before Aerith gets kebabed. Maybe Cosmo Canyon or Nibelheim but you're not really saving much time to move onto episode 2 there, and Aerith's death is THE turning point of the game. I don't see anywhere you'd have a cut unless you made Midgar its own episode which, IMO, would be horrible.

Maybe a slightly better end of episode 2 would be the point Cloud and Tifa fall into the lifestream together. You've just fought Ultima Weapon, so its pretty climactic, and it gives you a big story moment at the start of episode 3 as Cloud uncovers his true past.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see anywhere you'd have a cut unless you made Midgar its own episode which, IMO, would be horrible.
    I dunno. It would kind of make sense to me. The wouldn't have to worry about the opening section being open-world at all. Plus Midgar is a decent sized chunk of action where lots of cool stuff happens. It's probably the perfect length for an episode.

Once that's out of the way the subsequent episodes can be more like FFXV and be all open-world-y

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I feel like Squeenix's promise of each episode being a "full game's worth of content" is going to be it's own destruction.

What does that even mean? Will it be TellTale's idea of having 2 hour stints at a time for each episode? Or will it be more slightly more towards a 10 hour long campaign? Who knows! Nobody will be happy though. xD