Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF8 on DVD

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Grin FF8 on DVD

Okay, I know - I am a giant FF8 dork. However, I just got this awesome DVD set off of eBay which is 6 discs long, and has the entire storyline of the game edited together so that you can watch it like a movie on a DVD player. No, this is not the Japanese VCD that just contains the FMVs, this has the whole game - important in-games scenes too, and the entire thing is in English. Yes, its fan-made, but very professionally done - there are menu screens and scene selection options among other things. I guess the guy who does it has these for a number of games, including FF7, FF10, and Silent Hill.

Am I just an idiot or is this pretty cool? Personally, I like the idea of not having to play through the entire game to re-watch my favorite scenes, or worry about having multiple memory cards worth of save states that like to inexplicably get corrupted or erased. Plus, I like being able to watch it without my PSX. What do you guys think? Would you want to watch without playing once you've already beaten the game?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does that mean you get a recording of someone's entire game - including battles, the world map and menu screens?

Or is it just the non-interactive stuff?
    It'd be interesting to see what changes or decisions another player would make, for example when deciding who to take (SPOILER)into space.

Well, yes and no. Since the DVD is edited for content, random encounters aren't shown, but battles which pertain to the storyline (i.e. Elevoret and the spider robot during the SeeD exam) are included. The longer battles are also cut to show only the more exciting parts, so that you son't have to sit through Squall hacking away at something for 30 minutes. To make it appear more like a movie, the menu screens are also deleated.

However, the DVD isn't just the non-interactive stuff - the rest is all there: traveling on the world map, talking to other characters, and walking thorugh towns. You do get to see the choices he makes when talking to others, fighting bosses, or when selecting a party. It is basically like watching somebody's game, just with the business end (junctioning, saving, leveling up, ect.) removed.

I think that would be cool to watch ff8 as opposed to playing it for the millionth time. I loved all the FMV's, I used to save the game right before certain FMV's so I could watch them over and over! Where did you get this ShivaBlizzard8, and how much was it if I may ask?
    Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to do it anways.

Blanche: "In the south we mature faster...I think it's the heat." Dorothy: "I think it's the gin."

Interesting...

I used to save the game right before certain FMV's so I could watch them over and over! Where did you get this ShivaBlizzard8, and how much was it if I may ask?
    I used to have save states before all my favorite parts too! Lol. . . in any case, as I said, I got the set off of eBay, so the price varies depending on how many people bid on it. The eBay name of the guy who makes them is drewson99, if you want to check if he has any up for sale at the moment. I don't think he does today, but I've noticed that these sets are usually up every few days or so if you keep checking back. Here's a link to one of the FF8 sets he most recently sold. Hope that helps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3040285481

Oh man that would be so cool. I love that game. OH MAN...until the end got kinda confusing and boring...

I want that...how much did It cost you?
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Sweeet.
    LoL I know this guy right here is gonna go bid as soon as I see it up fro bid.
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Squall!
    A lone wolf with the weight of the world on your shoulders, you
    may not communicate your feelings to your friends, but you
    are a true friend to those you are close to. In spite of your
    hesitance to warm up to people, you're likely one hot number in
    the eyes of the opposite sex.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!

Actually, there's a new one up right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3042858700

lol.

If only I had more money...
    don't you love me?

*I am placing a bid tonight. HAHA I WIN*
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Hey, I saw that on ebay too.I wanted to bid that though but im waiting for the next one.

Im a FF8 Freak too!I simply love that game especially FF7 & FF9 too.

*Show your love,ff fanlisting*

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd rather play the game myself, thank you And keeping many multiple back saves and multiple memory cards is no issue when you use an emulator, since each card is only 128 kB on the hard disk
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

juss get psmplay nd u can play da fmvs on ur computer....

omg ask someone who's played chrono cross if he'd want that.