View Poll Results: Who was more visually dissappointing?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kuja...a grown man in a big purple thong. Somebody save us all.

7 33.33%
  • Necron. I just fought an Academy Award Oscar statue as my final battle?????

7 33.33%
  • What are you talking about? They were both kick-ass!!!!

6 28.57%
  • Too hard of a choice there. They both sucked!

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Necron or Kuja?

Default Necron or Kuja?

Who was even more visually disappointing?... To me, Necron seemed like he coulda been reeeeeeeally tight. But he was like, chucked in at the end of the game in an extremely pathetic fashion. He had true potentional too. tch tch tch.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

I was not dissappointed either way.
    ..well, maybe Necron was a little bit dissappointing.. ><;;;

*We were put on this earth to brighten the lives of others*

~*Sapphire*Stardust*~

Necron was the lamest final boss I have ever seen in an RPG. Had the lamest name, too (I believe his name in the Japanese version was Eternal Darkness, which is a hellova lot cooler, but I could be wrong). Not only did he look incredibly stupid, but he didn't make any sense! He came out of nowhere, quoted some line (I forget which) from Star Wars, and started fighting you. They don't really explain why he's fighting you, he's just evil like that. Necron had no reason to be in that game. Kuja should have just transformed into some big-ass thing like every other Final Fantasy, and that should have been the final boss.
    The only final boss that even comes close to being as lame as he was, was the final boss from Xenosaga.

...I said "final boss" way too many times in this post...

FINAL BOSS!
    Last edited by Kenshin IV; 08-25-2003 at 02:54 AM.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lamest name honors go to ExDeath from FF5.

plz, this isnt even a tough one kuja looked gay the whole game. even more so after (SPOILER)after he wnt into his trance form.

Edit by Bleys: We have nifty [spoiler] tags for that. Thanks for trying, though

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
    Yes, and Necron also had ExDeath's (SPOILER)Grand Cross attack.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

trance kuja. i mean you are about to fight the ultimate death dude in the game (or think you are supposed to. *wink*) and he is some little guy in a thong who is no bigger than any of your characters. and his music is just some new version of desert pyramids from ff5. though it is really cool

*promptly votes*

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Necron's existence is perfectly explained right before you fight him. I'd sort it out for you here, but I've done just that so many times over the last almost-three years that I think I'll take a break just once.

Except it was pointless and he had no reason to be in the game at all. Remove Necron entirely and the game doesn't change one bit.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. XD I believe that was due to the extreamly horrible translation of that game, though. His name in the Anime was Exodus or something, which is pretty fookin' cool.

You just can't touch the fact that Kuja was one sexy beast. Even more than (SPOILER) his brother Zidane... And when he entered trance!!!!! SWEET MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!!! I think I went crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

Okay Masamune. If you are a guy, you are completely gay. If you are a chick, you must be half lesbian because Kuja was more feminine than Dagger and Beatrix put together. Or, you could have been really drunk when you posted that. Or you were (and I pray that this is the answer...) just kidding around.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

I liked Kuja. He's not a Sephiroth or a Kefka, not by a long shot, but I liked his character and story. He looks more feminine than your normal bad guy just because that's the way Amano (maybe the greatest artist Japan has to offer) draws. I mean, look at Kefka! But I'm sure you're not making fun of Amano's art, right? : |
    Last edited by Kenshin IV; 08-27-2003 at 02:54 AM.

Art, no. White-headed guy in a man-thong, yes.
    -At The Drive-In-

*dies laughing* Yeah, I can't argue that. Still though, I can honestly say Kuja didn't bother me one bit.

wouldn't say it "bothered" me... I tried not to pay attention. It was just a bit disturbing. thats all. but he did have a pimped out story. I said Visually disappointing.. I loved Kuja's character, just not his animation.
    -At The Drive-In-