Thread: STUPID MOTH PIECE OF-

Default STUPID MOTH PIECE OF-

Okay, so my Mom got a new computer which she keeps in her room. She wanted internet connection, obviously, so she bought a wireless router. The modem is in my room so I hooked it up to the router and hooked my computer and playstation up to the router and my Mom's computer up to the wireless unit. Now eversince I set everything up, the internet connection would cut out unexpectadly everytime her and I were both using the inter net, but never when I was playing Playstation online and online with the computer. So it's obviously something to do with the wireless aspect, but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help out?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

WiFi is not my specialty...but perhaps the router is half-duplex or something, so it can only communicate with one NIC at a time?

Stuff like that is why I'd always reccomend using wires. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brand, model?

And then there is Death

LinkSys Wireless-B Broadband Router

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When you say it disconnects, does it cut the connection on the modem, or just on one of the computers?

Try changing where your PC is plugged (switch ports with the PS2). Did it change to the opposite? (ps2 + your mom's comp = disconnection)

Next, try upgrading the firmware. I think <a href="http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=544">this</a> is the page for your model.

If nothing work, call Linksys, it might be a defective unit. I checked the manual and site, and it should allow 11 connections on the WiFi part and 4 on the ethernet part, without any restriction/exclusion.

And then there is Death

Yeah, the modem cuts out. I'm at my dad's house right now so I'll try upgading that stuff when I'm at home.